The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato War Nodes: 3Rd Times The Charm? (This Is A Rant)

Saint122

Note: This is a rant forum. Those not interested, you are free to leave. Those wanting to troll, please do. It gives me traffic, and I find their comments quite hilarious at times. Thank you.

So, those of you who play warframe might think it's worth 5 runs just to get a catalyst or a reactor. So far, I'm completely convinced of the opposite.

Why?

Well, the latest reason is Shax, but that's the 3rd time I've tried to get a potato from a war node, and completely wasted time and energy (both literally and figuratively) trying to get them. So, we'll get to that one in a moment.

The first one involved a catalyst. I ended up wasting all my revives for one of my frames, and one for another, and then got nothing.

The next involved a reactor, but was already 99% done with by the time I logged in at the log in time to get my reward. That was disappointing, but I thought, "Maybe next time."

The third, of course, was Shax, which would have given me a reactor. Now what happened? Well, I went through it 5 times, and got nothing but a waste of time and energy (as was stated earlier). Why? Because after I had extracted for the 5th time, the war node had completely disappeared. Therefore, no reward for you!

Now, most of you would probably tell me to play it online. The problem with that is that every time I do, people get incredible amounts of lag (or so they say). So, unless I want to bother other people with lag city, I play a private game (about 99% of the time). That way, only friends or clannies can join if they want to, and therefore, don't have to deal with lag city.

That being said, because my Tenno prizes loyalty to other Tenno above all else (i.e. I only play the war nodes to use the grineer as cannon fodder, or the corpus at times), then I think I will help out if another person hosts.

That being said, I did do a alert infested mobile defense for a catalyst...and I was so pissed at the time that I didn't even bother using anything but the volt I was using for the war against the corpus for that reactor. (That and I don't have Ember, but mostly I was pissed.) Remarkably, during the online game, I encountered so much lag that it took at least 10 seconds or more to pick up energy or resources or mods. I don't even need catalysts either, as I already had 8 blueprints and now 9, of which I'm only going to use one after 10,000 years of grinding because all my weapons slots are full, and I only need another good melee weapon besides the glaive I already have, which does the exact same damage as the skana, except you can throw it.

However, I did get a lot of fusion cores, and may have got more useful mods from it. Why? Well, I'm tired of killing elite crewman only to get rip line 90% of the time as opposed to jagged edge. However, valkyr is another story entirely.

However, as far as potato war nodes, unless I can get another person to host as well as a complete cell, the answer is nope.avi...NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Those wanting to troll, please do. It gives me traffic, and I find their comments quite hilarious at times.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I think this reactor I got is awesome.

Trolling aside, I think having a minimum invasion time is good.  Since the progress change to prevent months long stalls, potatoes nodes went from 4-5 hrs to 2.  Though, if you log on at the end and miss it even with that, it doesn't really help.

Invasions should function like alerts on a timely basis.

After the invasion's duration runs out, the system checks the scores to see which faction has the most missions complete and that either changes the node, or keeps it the same faction depending on if the attacking faction conquered that node or was fended off by the defending faction.

'Nuff said.

this is obviously not a 'fix' for the issue(s) - but if you leave Matchmaking set to Online, and queue for a Sector like that (you know it'll be popular), just wait until it puts you in a match. if it does not and you somehow end up hosting a lobby and waiting for other players to join, close the lobby.

that should always work within a couple tries, for a Sector that popular. 

as for missions being completed before you login - you catch some, you miss some.

i've missed some Alerts for items i would have liked to have - but i got over it. i actually missed Vauban Helmet Alerts for like 4 months - every time one would come up i'd be asleep or away from home.

i still got it eventually, so whatever :p

Invasions should function like alerts on a timely basis.

After the invasion's duration runs out, the system checks the scores to see which faction has the most missions complete and that either changes the node, or keeps it the same faction depending on if the attacking faction conquered that node or was fended off by the defending faction.

'Nuff said.

Yeah, the thing is that Shax was completely one sided. Grineer offered a reactor while corpus offered 50K credits. Since I doubt anyone would take credits over a reactor, it would be nigh impossible for me to get through the missions in time. Plus, I used volt's speed several times after exterminating all the enemies. So, only the fastest speed runners would have a hope of getting one.

this is obviously not a 'fix' for the issue(s) - but if you leave Matchmaking set to Online, and queue for a Sector like that (you know it'll be popular), just wait until it puts you in a match. if it does not and you somehow end up hosting a lobby and waiting for other players to join, close the lobby.

that should always work within a couple tries, for a Sector that popular. 

as for missions being completed before you login - you catch some, you miss some.

i've missed some Alerts for items i would have liked to have - but i got over it. i actually missed Vauban Helmet Alerts for like 4 months - every time one would come up i'd be asleep or away from home.

i still got it eventually, so whatever :p

Honestly, I've been informed multiple times by the game to check region settings because it couldn't find a game. The problem is I live in the Central TZ of the US, so neither America East or West would do me much good. Although, I have it set to east, as I tried west once and it didn't seem to do much good. But besides that, I and other players still get some lag. That and the fact the game uses a matchmaking system means there will always be lag. The system is so frustrating to me, which is why I play private games 99% of the time.

That being said, because of my time zone, I miss these potato alerts about 90% of the time as well. (That and I'm now in my next semester of uni.) So, unless I get one of those Gift of the Lotus alerts with a reactor, then I have little hope of getting one, as they usually end up coming up in the middle of the night, or when I'm sleeping during the day on the weekends. That being said too, sometimes I can get them when I'm on a break from school.

The fact that Shax was frustrating is that even though is that even after I put in the required effort that everyone else had to put in, I still got nothing. It's not so much the fact I missed it, but the fact it was a complete waste of time because of an arbitrary part of the game that says if you haven't completed 5 runs before said node disappears, you get nothing. I had extracted for the 5th time, and because the node disappeared before the mission complete screen, it was a complete and utter waste of time, which I could have used getting something else or going to a node that would give me more xp and mods (like the mobile defense that was mentioned).

Edited by Saint122

I think this reactor I got is awesome.

Trolling aside, I think having a minimum invasion time is good.  Since the progress change to prevent months long stalls, potatoes nodes went from 4-5 hrs to 2.  Though, if you log on at the end and miss it even with that, it doesn't really help.

Thanks for the intel. You're a helpful troll. :)

Yeah, the thing is that Shax was completely one sided. Grineer offered a reactor while corpus offered 50K credits. Since I doubt anyone would take credits over a reactor, it would be nigh impossible for me to get through the missions in time. Plus, I used volt's speed several times after exterminating all the enemies. So, only the fastest speed runners would have a hope of getting one.

No, what I'm saying is that "speed runners" and "average players" should be queued for their rewards if they meet the battle pay, clearing that node more times shouldn't make it distribute rewards any faster (the percentage bar should still be able of being pushed up and down, and if the percentage is at 100% for example for the winning faction the conflict on that node should still be ongoing) as it'll should be run on a timely fashion, as in when the invasion time hits 0 seconds, all rewards would then be handed out after the system checks the score, it makes things fair for almost everyone aware of the invasion

Edited by Trowicia

So there was that reactor on europa, and it progressed by 13% in the time it took me to do one mission. Calculating that I would be in the middles of my third by the time it ended, I gave up.

I think it went down in less than an hour and a half in total. Maybe two hours but that's stretching it.

Alerts are two hours long, need only ONE run, and are considered short already (because timezones). The invasions can be twice as long to do (192 ennemies exterminate, really?), need to be done FIVE TIMES, and are SHORTER than alerts.

Something needs to be done there.

No, what I'm saying is that "speed runners" and "average players" should be queued for their rewards if they meet the battle pay, clearing that node more times shouldn't make it distribute rewards any faster (the percentage bar should still be able of being pushed up and down, and if the percentage is at 100% for example for the winning faction the conflict on that node should still be ongoing) as it'll should be run on a timely fashion, as in when the invasion time hits 0 seconds, all rewards would then be handed out after the system checks the score, it makes things fair for almost everyone aware of the invasion

Yeah, except for those of us who do five and get nothing. So, the key words there are "almost everyone."

Still, fair enough I guess.

I think Potato Battles should always be Gold Potato vs. Blue Potato. You still only get one potato, but the battle isn't so bluntly onesided.

I mean seriously, if I was the Corpus and I saw the Grineer offer up a golden potato, I would get my S#&$ kicked into gear and throw a blue 'tater up there.

I think Potato Battles should always be Gold Potato vs. Blue Potato. You still only get one potato, but the battle isn't so bluntly onesided.

I mean seriously, if I was the Corpus and I saw the Grineer offer up a golden potato, I would get my S#&$ kicked into gear and throw a blue 'tater up there.

Yeah, I kind of had similar thoughts considering they had already done that during the Gradivus Dilemma.