Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combine Some Melee Mods To Allow For More Dynamic Play

Shifty_Shuffler

There has been something that has been bothering me for a while, the fact that you either go charge attack or normal attack for melee, going for both is simply not viable. I know some weapons are better at one than the other and that is fine. I also think that being able to perform both normal and charge attacks as best as you can will fit in really well with Melee 2.0, especially due to having different stances.

Therefore I suggest that a few mods are combined to allow for better melee variation - Killing Blow and Pressure Point, along with Reflex Coil and Fury, that's all.

Agreed!

I've even attempted to heavily rebalance mods (in general) with most of the attention going to melee mods and NOT having them split up between charge and normal attacks. It really removes a lot of the diversity of meleeing (If you wanna take a look at my huge rebalancing, check here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158729-changing-the-modding-experience-mod-rebalance-and-more/ )

I really, really, REALLY hope this "anti-split" of melee mods happen along with Melee 2.0. I currently love to use slideattacks, but chargeattacks are (almost) always the most efficient way to build melee weapons, which leaves slideattacks far behind in terms of damage. It just removes so much of the potential versatility and fun of the melee combat :(

Really, before they are going along with Melee 2.0, simply anti-splitting up the mods would actually go a long way of improving the melee system!

The Glaive's description reads as:

Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the GLAIVE is a uniquely deadly weapon. This multi-bladed disk is not only effective for melee combat it can also be thrown like a boomerang to cut down enemies at a distance.

Implying that it can do both, when it can only be reliably modded for one.