Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Flying Across Rooms, Etc

Panelope

In the last week I have noticed a few players in missions speeding and flying across rooms. I am not talking about Volts either. Is there something going on? I ran with a Rhino who was flying across rooms and speeding faster then a Volt does. I was in a mission the other day with the 4 terminals you had to get, one person got all the terminals in less then 3 minutes. It's bizarre is all I'm saying.

Has there been new mods released that would do this? Or is there possibly a hack program out there? If it's mods may I know the combination to add to my frames?

Edited by Panelope

Probably a user, like many, who use the Dual Zoren combined with a Fury mod which will allow you to launch yourself great distances when you do a sliding strike in mid air.

Unless DE decides to get rid of it, get used to seeing it. You'll be hardpressed to find players who don't use them for this purpose.

You gain speed boosts when you use dual zorens, dual kamas and dual ether

When you attack after sliding (in air and in the ground) you gain a speed boost, the weapons propel you in the direction you are facing.

The faster the attack speed, the bigger the effect, dual zorens are the best for the effect

Yes, it is.  It's an exploit DE allowed because people cried about the strings attached.

No it's not, it's enhanced movement. All you gain by coptering is time.

Zorencopter. 

It will be fixed/removed in melee 2.0

Why? Seriously, why? There is really no reason to remove it. It's like removing rocket jumps from quake or other competitive shooters with it.

No it's not, it's enhanced movement. All you gain by coptering is time.

It's an exploit that grants enhanced movement.  Doesn't matter how benign it is, it's still an exploit.

For the record, I don't care if it gets fixed or not.  Didn't bother me any when I played the game.

Why? Seriously, why? There is really no reason to remove it.

Seems like something that greatly belittles the stamina system and the Dual Zorens as a weapon. Whether you like the stamina system or not, it still exists and I think it deserves to be reassessed to make it better rather than ignoring it because users like a weapon solely for the purpose of mobility. I don't think I've seen anyone use the Zorens for attacking since this was discovered and that doesn't feel right.

Edited by Haldos

Seems like something that greatly belittles the stamina system and the Dual Zorens as a weapon. Whether you like the stamina system or not, it still exists and I think it deserves to be reassessed to make it better rather than ignoring it because users like a weapon solely for the purpose of mobility. I don't think I've seen anyone use the Zorens for attacking since this was discovered and that doesn't feel right.

Maybe they should make base movement speed faster then or melee viable. And are you saying it's not a fair trade off? Strength or mobility.

If they remove coptering it will make the game unbearably slow

Maybe they should make base movement speed faster then or melee viable. And are you saying it's not a fair trade off? Strength or mobility.

If they remove coptering it will make the game unbearably slow

I don't think a weapon should increase mobility like this at all, unless weight becomes a factor. If a heavy melee weapon caused you to run slower and the vis versa with light weapons, then that's something to consider but being able to launch myself great distances because I swing a pair of tiny axes seems too much.

I'd be all for DE making base mobility faster or making melee viable, the latter being what's been promised with Melee 2.0. As for the game being "Unbearably slow" I don't know what you mean. I've been using Rush and Quick Rest and I've seen no pacing issues. Perhaps you've been using the Zorens for so long that you've been spoiled by it.

Edited by Haldos

Zorencoptering has never been about using an exploit or anything.

It's part of our culture. Tenno zorencopter on the battlefield, during training. This is our style, this is what we are.

Then some other weapons were allowed, mainly short range weapons, only exception with whips.

It's a choice some of us made, using some ancient skills from the time of the Orokin.

We are the scouts, the fast killers, people who are going to revive you when you're dead, people who are going to kill those mobs you left behind, people who are going to complete some boring missions so we don't waste our time.

Edited by matto

Well thanks for letting me know. I haven't watched livestream in a few weeks. Whatever this is left me baffled and it's not a good thing for me to be in runs with people who use this because I don't and won't have it or use it so I get left behind as I am sure others are. There needs to be a balance here. People that are going to be left behind are going to get ticked off because if they can't get to extraction in time we lose credits. Have that happen enough and credits add up. And don't give me the answer, "Go Solo then". That's not the answer.