The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Quick Thinking?

Zephyric_Reaper

As it is right now it feels very weak, or some reason. I only got it ater the nerf because, why not, it looks like a cool thing to stop you from dying of bleed procs. 

I went to saturn to test it out, let a butcher hit me and it took around 20 seconds for him to take away my shield + guardian and start eating on hp. Then the hp goes a bit tougher because armor but yet still going. Then, when the moment of truth comes I reach that 5 hp and not even a second and I'm dead. I couldn't even see the energy drop or anything. 

At first I thought it was the QT not working or something but then I let some grineers put some bleeding on me. Their bleeds hit for pretty low but only then I could see the actual energy going down and it was going down by chunks. 

This was with a frost with 150 energy and max efficiency (says its afected by it in the wiki). So 150 x2.4 should make it 360 hp at the very least, without counting energy siphon. 

So, pretty dissapointed, I go on to try it on "heavy duty" and put flow, efficiency and all that in a loki along with QT. I go in to a nightmare mission and just to try it I go without invisibility for a while and by the time I see the HP reach 5 it's already too late, you're either dead the next second or you killed them just beore dying and you're out of energy. While it may have seemed like a lifesaver, it feels...meh... 

Equilibrium seems like a better way to keep alive from slash procs or poison. 

Since the cheap combo is gone, could it be buffed for it to be useable at missions past lvl 15? Perhaps a frame of 1-2 second of invulnerability? 

lel no.

It got nerfed for a reason...

So should it join my batch of next-to-useless mods? QT didn't get nerf, the combo did. And QT can't even resist a melee attack or a shield lancer slash proc. But then again, maybe the problem is the slash and not the mod. 

edit: 

It was destroyed because it was  broken, it won't be fixed.  Ever.

The mod itself wasn't quite as broken, the combo was. Now it -feels- weaker than it says. My 300 hp lasted more than the supposedly 360 hp it gives. 
Edited by Zephyric_Reaper

The mod did get nerfed to break the combo Rage is unchanged but quick thinking has been hit pretty hard to the point of uselessness just to kill the combo.

Although the combo was broken I literal had to kill my friend 8 times in the arena just to down him, although it was funny that the time it didn't work for him was when Retribution proced.

First of all, thank you OP for doing the test.

I have this suspicious for a long time but too lazy to do the test myself.

QT need a fix, not a buff.

According to the describe in mod, QT draw energy to life pool. So, the damage energy takes should have armor benifit.

B/c the describe does NOT state: when hp down to 2, all damage will effect energy instead.

But in the real game, QT simply direct damage from health to energy WITHOUT armor benifit.

This is a very clear bug.

QT was the only thing nerfed in the recent QTR nerfing.

It use to drain your remaining energy and convert that energy into hp upon "death".

Now..it merely prevents your death by draining your energy until you run out. It no longer heals you so rage no longer works with it effectively.

The recent changes to enemy  'staggering-buildup' allows a QT user to not get 'staggered' to death while under the effects of QT or at least that is what they tried to do. I have not tested to see if it really works but I'll just take their word for it.

Quick Thinking is still good in a high energy build (like Nova) with 4 Energy Siphons in the game (2.4 energy regen per second).

But yeah, it is crap now.

Luckily I sold off all my Quick Thinkings in a fire sale (5p each) prior to the patch.

It's not good. I tried it on loki in a nightmare which are merely 30s~ top and they eat at you like bugs. If you mod ALL for making QT useful it isn't. 

Qt currently doesn't save you from a situation you would otherwise died, mainly because the energy drained goes down so fast and things that could kill you actually hit so high that it doesn't matter. It's by far better to put a vitality or equilibrium mod. 

This thread again...  yeah QT got nerfed to completely useless status. I tried to play for fun with 'energy tank' build: 375 energy goes away in few hits from lvl 10 butchers. Even already dubious functionality of living a bit longer at the expense of energy is broken. Maybe they forgot to actually add the 240% multiplier, and instead made it 1/10 or something. And it still costs lots of mod points to equip.  They could as well delete it from the game. 

This should probably be even sent as a bug ticket, its not even about balancing, its about broken functionality.

Edited by Monolake

man seriously, you use quick thinking alone and then you put a topic on the forum ?

ok np i give you a tip: quick thinking + energy syphon + flow maxed (+ equilibrium) = now it will work

It works as a poor extension of your health (that is IF you have energy, without Rage) for whooping 15 mod points.  You better just rank up Vitality/Redirection as high as you can afford and add Vigor if you need extra survivability. 

Hmm, I guess they could just increase the % to very large numbers so it actually gives you a few more seconds to live. 240% is a bit too weak.

This is what I mean. 

I don't get these people. I tested it twice, one without much into it (energy efficiency to MAX, energy siphon and a frost -high armor) Poor results

One with a loki with all in for energy and still very poor. 

I use QT against high level mobs (200+); It's fine

I'd like to see proof. And or if you could enlighten me how it magically works (no lag). 

Otherwise I'd like you to share your experience on how it works in comparison to other regen mods or tanky mods. 

As it is your post is just insulting and/or trolling and/or unhelpful. 

Guest Shibboleet
I'd like to see proof. And or if you could enlighten me how it magically works (no lag). 

Otherwise I'd like you to share your experience on how it works in comparison to other regen mods or tanky mods. 

As it is your post is just insulting and/or trolling and/or unhelpful. 

It works as in: It drains energy based on how hard you were hit it; At least from personal testing that is.

Example:

I am playing nova with Flow for 450 energy. It is going to take roughly a minute for 1-2 level 1 grineer to kill me.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMYsT8hMEw&feature=youtu.be

I am playing nova again and it will take roughly 30 seconds for a lvl 15 grineer to kill me.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQq5jOZXeLk&feature=youtu.be

I am playing nova again and it will take 20-30 seconds for 2-3 grineer to kill me.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rjOTzR6Vso&feature=youtu.be

While I don't have a video of my longer survivals yet, I do have personal experience in seeing QT fail when a level 1000 hits you since you can't have enough energy in the game to counter that hit. However, it does proc a decent amount against the 200's - 500's, which I'm assuming most of the community doesn't play against those levels nor higher levels, so I stated QT is fine.

I would also like to mention that I was testing to see how long it would take for me to die. If I were actually playing a game in these videos I could have easily gotten out of any of these scenarios since I have roughly 30 seconds to do so.

Edited by Shibboleet

I think QT's problem lays on the damage energy takes does not receive armor benefit.

I got the suspicious from my max steel fabric frost when the drain of energy has a much higher rate than drain of hp.  

According to the describe, the energy should first convert to hp then takes damage, in which armor benefit should come in.

You tested with Nova, a frame hardly has any armor with her.

Therefore, I wonder you will notice any difference made by your armor value.

DE shouldn't have changed the way Quick Thinking worked, only reduced efficiency of it greatly.

Taken from the Wiki: "Prior to Update 11.1.0, it could be combined with Rage, to convert energy to health for your Warframe many times in a row with 96% efficiency."

Instead of having 96% efficiency, all it needed to have was a much lower efficiency, and it would have been fine.

Edited by GSrevolution

Guest Shibboleet

I think QT's problem lays on the damage energy takes does not receive armor benefit.

I got the suspicious from my max steel fabric frost when the drain of energy has a much higher rate than drain of hp.  

According to the describe, the energy should first convert to hp then takes damage, in which armor benefit should come in.

You tested with Nova, a frame hardly has any armor with her.

Therefore, I wonder you will notice any difference made by your armor value.

Considering it's draining only 2 health per regen, I don't see how armor is going to help at all anyway.

Considering it's draining only 2 health per regen, I don't see how armor is going to help at all anyway.

I saw the videos. And you tested it with grineer shooters. These guys can't take my shields, they just can't, guardian reprocs by the time they manage to take off the shields, even when they dedicate themselves to just shoot, be them the level you like which is why I had to try with a butcher. Now, these guys deal a punch but it's still resistable but not quite for QT at least from what I gathered. 

Point is, it feels extremely subpar and yeah, it works for shooters but then again, everything does. I've played quite long survivals with excal and blind build and the only problems there are really naps and bombs which deal the whole shield worth of damage so I doubt QT would stop that anyway. 

And in modes like nightmare no shields it doesn't feel viable.

Edited by Zephyric_Reaper