The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolling Afk Player

ExorcistEX

Ohhhhh, you people are evil. But I can understand why. Can I ever understand why.

I usually vent by just handing out Unca Vaubaun's Bounce Balls for everyone to enjoy while we wait for the timer to count out. WHEE~

You are the greatest person ever, Bounce is by far my (Second) favorite warframe ability, par to Super Jump, the fun!

question does it make me a A.F.K'er if i got a life? got something come up? people have real lives; dont like it? tough. and the way D.E. works now a days they would just make people P.O'd. 

alot of you dont think before you type and alot of you have to realize people are behind the other side of the screen.

If you know your not gonna be able to be at your PC actively helping out your teammates then close the game, because you could possibly be making the game experience bad for everyone else.

question does it make me a A.F.K'er if i got a life? got something come up? people have real lives; dont like it? tough. and the way D.E. works now a days they would just make people P.O'd. 

alot of you dont think before you type and alot of you have to realize people are behind the other side of the screen.

Have a live? Why bother to start the game? If you have something else need to deal with why cant you just switch off the game or abort the mission? or as other mentioned, tell the others you need to do something and be right back etc so the other know you will come back.

No matter what is the reason behind the afk this doesnt change the fact that you afk. Tbh your opinion is like "I want something but dont want to spent time and effort to work for it so I should steal/rob it from others"

and as my OP mentioned and one of the replied showed, these afk player indeed sit in front of the pc and waiting people to finish the game for them. Not to mention those afk in endless defense can pick "continue" at the same time as the other player who playing the game which means they are/can monitoring the game.

PS. This is not the thread to discuss this afk issue again.

I just thought of something, get a Penta, Unload the clip, call the mod and have everyone gather there, when he gets there... Set them off, while he's down dance on him/on the supposed "Rare" mod and enjoy his rage.

Umm, maybe I'm not understand something in what you said - but Penta splash damage only affects its user, not squadmates.

Yes it does if you sit there afk for a whole mission it also makes you scum. I have a life too and it is the easiest thing in the world to exit out of a match so that someone else can join the group I can't help with. Then again I'm not a completely selfish jerk and know how to be polite. The whole I have a life excuse is total bs, exit out just cause you have a life doesn't entitle you to rewards you don't work for.

If however you mean wandering off to use the bathroom or something, announcing you're going afk and coming back in a reasonable amount of time then no. I've not met anyone who had issue with that.

well when someone needs help with something i get up and help them. 10 minutes later ***holes like you start their crap. 

The only thing is they can at least write " guys gotta get a call/go to the bathroom/take my dog out" or w/e but they DON'T

alot of people dont know to chat in game....remember, there is alot to the game people dont know about.

If you know your not gonna be able to be at your PC actively helping out your teammates then close the game, because you could possibly be making the game experience bad for everyone else.

oh boo-hoo someone getting more kills while i get up to check to see if set a timer, grab a phone call, or had a problem with my pc, i could go threw the lists of problems that come up and again not everyone knows "t" is to talk.

Have a live? Why bother to start the game? If you have something else need to deal with why cant you just switch off the game or abort the mission? or as other mentioned, tell the others you need to do something and be right back etc so the other know you will come back.

No matter what is the reason behind the afk this doesnt change the fact that you afk. Tbh your opinion is like "I want something but dont want to spent time and effort to work for it so I should steal/rob it from others"

and as my OP mentioned and one of the replied showed, these afk player indeed sit in front of the pc and waiting people to finish the game for them. Not to mention those afk in endless defense can pick "continue" at the same time as the other player who playing the game which means they are/can monitoring the game.

PS. This is not the thread to discuss this afk issue again.

and alot of people get call afk'ers for small things.....but we are talking about a community and game that has been warped beyond its original vision

and alot of people get call afk'ers for small things.....but we are talking about a community and game that has been warped beyond its original vision

people stay at the spawn for the whole round and it is small things? afk whole 5 waves and can manage to collect loot before the fifth wave end and able to choose stay or not? I dont want to start the argue of the defination of afk here but just want to point out that no matter what reason casue the player afk, this doesnt change the fact that he afk and get the rewards from the other player who spent effort to finish the game.

Like we said before, if you have something else to do and cannot finish the game. Please CLOSE the game or ABORT the mission. If you dont spend the efford to finish the game with the other player than you are not deserve to get the rewards. Simple is that.

alot of people dont know to chat in game....remember, there is alot to the game people dont know about.

Wait, isn't what the options screen is for? They know the chat exists, people use it all the time, if you don't know how then you obviously can't click a set of gears on the Star Chart's UI. I think the fact you neglect this shows some amazing ignorance to an obvious solution to a point you stress and almost focus upon.

Also, a heads up is key, and while I do not agree with his spelling, Exorcist is correct. I always help where I can, if I have to go to a life surprise I'll wait till after the Mobile Defense is over/DC so that someone else can have the things I would've won for no reason. We all have moments of things we have to do, some just abuse the fact.

Also: "dont" doesn't exist, in fact it's "don't".

Edited by un1337ninj4

well when someone needs help with something i get up and help them. 10 minutes later ***holes like you start their crap.

Your response makes no sense, what are you trying to say? Specifically confusing is the 10 minutes later deal. My response for what i can figure is as follows: When someone needs help at my house I take the 3 seconds to exit the missions. From my perspective you're the ***hole for expecting everyone to carry you cause you weren't polite enough to leave when you had something to do. I behave in 100% accordance with what I would expect from others.

Edited by NevanChambers

I dont like people joining a mission and leeching of others just because they are to lazy to play but i dont mind someone going AFK if they have something to do quickly. But if it takes 20 min+ at least have the decency to leave the mission because at that point you have become a leech. Of course these matters can also take longer than one would believe and if that happens you can argue with yourself if your guilty or not.

Edited by Septin

Sometimes endurance wins them over.

Or napalms. Napalms work too.

10 minutes? Really? You get up and leave your PC for 10 minutes and don't consider that leeching?

In any defence mission you can clear a wave in under a minute, easily. That's 10-15 waves in defence of you not doing anything.

Similar case for survival. 10 minutes of you not grabbing life support or otherwise contributing.

Any other mission can be completed in 2 - 10 minutes.

Edited by ChasePanic

For the last few weeks I've been playing, in EVERY played mission with random people there are always 1-2 AFK players. Most of them don't even bother to collect anything, they just need +1 on Invasion. That's kinda strange, that I enter co-op game and in result I play solo with few warframe-statues.

Lol. I've gone afk before, but that was because I had to move to a different room because I got kicked out. And when I move (It takes like 30 sec) I come back and everyone is GONE. I mean, 30 seconds ain't that bad, but I see how people hate afk's.