Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Electric Damage Should Chain Without Status Procs.

mynameisd

+1 to this. specially for synapse, considering its purely electrical without other elemental mods and the short range, i think the electric chains should be considered. it would also be balanced if every time the electric jumps it reduces damage by 10% per jump.

Oh, and here was me thinking you were actually going yo give a reason it should instead of just some totally trolly S#&$.

Agreed. Any reason as to why this would be a good idea, from a gameplay perspective?

I say 100% no to this, at least in the proc system's current state. It's unnecessary, blatantly overpowered, and... well, unnecessary.

Why not add a new type of weapon that does this? The synapse is a logical weapon to do this, but it would receive alot of complaints for being changed. But before you suggest this, keep in frame how broken this gun would be, given the current mods available at the moment. Would you really want a chained Electric/viral automatic rifle?

I don't think they're going to consider that, without any serious thought

Why not add a new type of weapon that does this? The synapse is a logical weapon to do this, but it would receive alot of complaints for being changed. But before you suggest this, keep in frame how broken this gun would be, given the current mods available at the moment. Would you really want a chained Electric/viral automatic rifle?

I don't think they're going to consider that, without any serious thought

At the moment, Tysis and Grakata are your go-to weapons for all your Status-related needs.

At the moment, Tysis and Grakata are your go-to weapons for all your Status-related needs.

The problem with these babies is that even if you got the right mods, you're not going to see that many electrical procs,I've tried different combos with grakata and volt shield, the result is barely noticeable, something like ~5-10 procs out of a magazine, not exactly the flurry of thunder and lightning i was hoping for :3

Edited by mynameisd

I always thought Electric procs were SUPPOSED to chain. Isn't it called Chain Lightning?

Other then a stun, what does the Electric proc do?

-Jin

Extra damage is more or less what it ends up being. It doesn't appear to chain like the name implies. It just kind of gives you and extra X amount of electric damage.

The thread's suggestion would make everyone's gun stun constantly making the game easy with a weapon like synapse. Along with that it would also deal a bit of extra damage whenever the effect proc'd. All elements would be OP if they always proc'd on fast firing weapons like soma, grakata, ect.

Extra damage is more or less what it ends up being. It doesn't appear to chain like the name implies. It just kind of gives you and extra X amount of electric damage.

The thread's suggestion would make everyone's gun stun constantly making the game easy with a weapon like synapse. Along with that it would also deal a bit of extra damage whenever the effect proc'd. All elements would be OP if they always proc'd on fast firing weapons like soma, grakata, ect.

Ohh, I gotcha. So it's a small stun, and dmg.

But doesn't Burn do that already?

I think Electric should be its own thing.

I think it should chain, like that name implies, but not do a dmg proc.

Like a small Paralysis?

-Jin

Ohh, I gotcha. So it's a small stun, and dmg.

But doesn't Burn do that already?

I think Electric should be its own thing.

I think it should chain, like that name implies, but not do a dmg proc.

Like a small Paralysis?

-Jin

Fire is a DOT while electricity gives you the the bonus damage all in one go. If you could proc electricity enough it would actually give a sizable dps boost comparted to fire which does similiar amounts over time, but it takes a good 15 seconds to do it. This of course assumes that the targets resistance is a nonissue