Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De: Akmagnus

Vanhline

your youtube video even says it has twice the puncture power so why are you taking it away? 

(this maybe be a pun at have two of them, but still)

also, if your going to keep it at the standard base damage then you need to give it back its 20% crit and 200% crit damage, there is no reason to be nurfing the base stats to make a dual ver, its like the whole duel kama episode all over again. 

EDITED

my over assessment:

when a weapon is given a dual version it normally receives twice the fire rate,

not on the magnus though,

on top of the nurf right out the gate, they lowered the crit rate of the weapon, so even though it has the same base damage it AVERAGE strike damage per shot will be lower.

also in terms of fire rate, this is a semi-auto weapon, not a full auto wep, so any fire rate over 9 rounds per second in completely wasted when clicking by hand. so if you want to take advantage of the 13.28 rate of fire you get after equipping lethal torrent(a required mod for any pistol) your wasting the the whole attack speed bonus you get UNLESS your using a macro to achieve consistent full rate of fire speeds. this in its self tells us that the weapon is inherently, at its core, broken.

i think the fallowing needs to take place for this weapon:

the fire rate increase needs to be removed entirely as it is wasted on this weapon. in place of fire rate the base attack damage should be un-nurfed back to its 88 base damage amount. 

twice the base damage in place of twice the base fire rate has the same effect as base value damage. however, this allows you to mod the weapon with greater synergy and not have to rely on a macro from third party software like your Logitech drivers to be able to fire at full speed consistently. this would also make the weapon more ammo efficient. 

also i think the crit stats on the weapon need to be un-nurfed back to the original crit stats of the regular weapon. however, if you actually listen to me and use the idea listed above then it would allow the weapons damage to scale more appropriately and would likely preform fine even with the nurfed crit stats.

something needs to be done, me and countless others have been looking forward to the release of this weapon ever since we played with the one handed version and this half hearted release of the akmagnus is a spit to the face of every one of us who have been counting the days. as i said before, i have not been this disappointed since the whole dual kama episode where you guys released the weapon many of us were waiting for and just gave it the exact same stats as ots original counterpart....the reason i bring that up now is it was never addressed, our cries were ignored. so this this does not give me hope for this gun ive waited for.....

Edited by Vanhline

I think taking away the accuracy was acceptable, but taking away some crit chance and crit damage makes it so you have a whole different gun in your hands in affect. Basically, you're not holding the Magnus, you're holding 2 different guns which are weaker than the Magnus. Take away some fire rate, so it's not 2x the single. Maybe make the FR 1.5x faster than the single, but keep the crit chance and crit damage...

DE needs to refund everyone that paid 220 Plat for these under the assumption that they did 88 damage only to have the damage halved. If they don't that's just scummy.

Yes, yes it is scummy. Sneaky evil dishonest screw over your faithful users, scummy.

my over assessment:

when a weapon is given a dual version it normally receives twice the fire rate,

not on the magnus though,

on top of the nurf right out the gate, they lowered the crit rate of the weapon, so even though it has the same base damage it AVERAGE strike damage per shot will be lower.

also in terms of fire rate, this is a semi-auto weapon, not a full auto wep, so any fire rate over 9 rounds per second in completely wasted when clicking by hand. so if you want to take advantage of the 13.28 rate of fire you get after equipping lethal torrent(a required mod for any pistol) your wasting the the whole attack speed bonus you get UNLESS your using a macro to achieve consistent full rate of fire speeds. this in its self tells us that the weapon is inherently, at its core, broken.

i think the fallowing needs to take place for this weapon:

the fire rate increase needs to be removed entirely as it is wasted on this weapon. in place of fire rate the base attack damage should be un-nurfed back to its 88 base damage amount. 

twice the base damage in place of twice the base fire rate has the same effect as base value damage. however, this allows you to mod the weapon with greater synergy and not have to rely on a macro from third party software like your Logitech drivers to be able to fire at full speed consistently. this would also make the weapon more ammo efficient. 

also i think the crit stats on the weapon need to be un-nurfed back to the original crit stats of the regular weapon. however, if you actually listen to me and use the idea listed above then it would allow the weapons damage to scale more appropriately and would likely preform fine even with the nurfed crit stats.

something needs to be done, me and countless others have been looking forward to the release of this weapon ever since we played with the one handed version and this half hearted release of the akmagnus is a spit to the face of every one of us who have been counting the days. as i said before, i have not been this disappointed since the whole dual kama episode where you guys released the weapon many of us were waiting for and just gave it the exact same stats as ots original counterpart....the reason i bring that up now is it was never addressed, our cries were ignored. so this this does not give me hope for this gun ive waited for.....

DE needs to refund everyone that paid 220 Plat for these under the assumption that they did 88 damage only to have the damage halved. If they don't that's just scummy.

Yes, yes it is scummy. Sneaky evil dishonest screw over your faithful users, scummy.

Or maybe the man in charge is over-worked cramming for U12 and put a 2x modifier in the wrong spreadsheet.

Humans, you know.

Or maybe the man in charge is over-worked cramming for U12 and put a 2x modifier in the wrong spreadsheet.

Humans, you know.

that is possible and i wouldn't fault him for it, however the person you are quoting is still right. regardless of it potentially just being an honest mistake it lead to people buying the gun under false pretenses. 

Humans, you know.

Doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not. People paid money for a product and did not get what they thought they paid for. Just saying "it was a mistake, I'm only human" does not compensate for people who feel they were decieved, whether it was on purpose or not.

Edited by Brosagi

Doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not. People paid money for a product and did not get what they thought they paid for. Just saying "it was a mistake, I'm only human" does not compensate for people who feel they were decieved, whether it was on purpose or not.

Until a case arises where someone does not get a refund, I think we can both rest easy.

I agree with the topic poster, just like the Dual Kamas, by going to a double handed mode for these fine single hand weapons we're getting no upgrade, it doesn't even make any sense.  Would appreciate a fix for this when the folks at DE get the chance.  Honestly, there's no good reason to cut out the dmg like this, it would also be nice to see the Dual Kamas given realistic stats, they're laughable as it is with the lack of Melee dmg 2.0 to hinder them further.

~Tenno out

Until a case arises where someone does not get a refund, I think we can both rest easy.

i dont think that this is something we need to worry about, im sure everyone you makes a ticket on these grounds would see some kind of compensation. i personally didn't buy it, id rather build it then pay the plat even it was the way i want it to be. but, this has nothing to do with the point im trying to make.

this weapon could have been so much better then it is, that last second nurf after its deployment should have been thought through more. the damage should have stayed at 88 and the extra fire rate should have gone. it would have made this weapon far better then it is now wile staying within the common mathematical damage effects of making a weapon into a dual version, and to add icing to the cake they saw fit to lower its crit stats as well. it just feels that they wanted this to be just another mastery fodder weapon when it is something many of use were actually looking forward too.

Edited by Vanhline

This nerf move was S#&$ty ... unnecesary ... making it rank 6 would have been enough.

all the best pistols in the game have no or next to no mastery requirements so master rank 0 isnt even an excuse. 

Edited by Vanhline

I feel cheated just like everybody else what was the point of the preview, the video, and the codex tell me the same thing about double stopping power when it isn't. Please Buff this back to a decent state like:

Impact:40                   Crit: 2.0/25%

Puncture:20               Status: 30%

Slash:15

I feel like there is no point in the DE making anymore dual wielding weapons when they are either the same as playing with a single weapons or one and a half of two weapons.  

WHY MAKE DUAL WEAPONS THAT DONT HAVE DOUBLE ANYTHING!

your youtube video even says it has twice the puncture power so why are you taking it away? 

I'm just going to answer this. Keep in mind the dev team that works on weapons and stats and balances aren't the same folks that create the preview vids. No doubt there was some pretty big misunderstanding between the two groups, and thus Akmagnus got its "two times the power" label. Rebecca did the same thing, infact.

The double damage makes no sense.  There just isn't a physical reason why holding two of the same weapon, one in each hand would increase the damage of either of them.  They should have double the fire rate of the single handed variant.

No. Something reasonable like not being good.

Ah, yes, of course people will want dual weapons if they suck.  Of course.