Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Secondaries Crit Chances

Amistyrja

Hello. Please adjust the crit values of the Lex, Aklex, Magnus and Akmagnus weapons.

Buff Lex's crit chance to 20%, the same as Aklex(long overdue buff and please don't nerf Aklex's crit)

Buff Akmagnus's crit chance to 20%, the same as Magnus(they're the same gun, holding two shouldn't drop your crit rate).

Thanks.

AFTER HOTFIX 

Hello. Please adjust the crit values of Lex and Magnus to fit their dual-wield counterparts. Holding two guns doesn't cause a magical fusion of the two handguns' souls to create an aura that enhances critical scoring ability. 

Edited by Amistyrja

they wont because they want both ak and single to be on a equal footing.

They do? Weren't duals intended to be better than singles for some reason? The Aklex reloads pretty quickly compared to the Lex while having a higher status chance, the Akvasto has less recoil than the Vasto and Aklato has double damage of the Lato etc

Well to my knowledge they could keep it this way. Why? Because if you think about it, is it easier to shoot with one Desert Eagle accurately than with two Desert Eagles. What they should do to those pistols though is to buff their damage, they are very weak for guns with that functionality.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Well to my knowledge they could keep it this way. Why? Because if you think about it, is it easier to shoot with one Desert Eagle accurately or with two Desert Eagles.

Actually, the OP is also pointing out the difference in Lex/Aklex, in which the dual weapons actually have more crit chance than the singular.

they wont because they want both ak and single to be on a equal footing.

They definitely haven't shown that in the past, I believe I'll just have to assume you're assuming.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/169939-ak-vs-not-ak/

A fantastic post about the differences in dual wields and single wields there (in which case every single one is an upgrade, no matter how minor).

They do? Weren't duals intended to be better than singles for some reason? The Aklex reloads pretty quickly compared to the Lex while having a higher status chance, the Akvasto has less recoil than the Vasto and Aklato has double damage of the Lato etc

With the trend they set, these new twin pistols surprise me. Why would I want to sacrifice two Magnus for a downgrade? That is a lot of resources to flush down the toilet.

Well to my knowledge they could keep it this way. Why? Because if you think about it, is it easier to shoot with one Desert Eagle accurately or with two Desert Eagles. What they should do to those pistols though is to buff their damage, they are very weak for guns with that functionality.

Except we aren't humans. We are power armored void mutants and we can fire the Aklex no problem, despite being heavy magnums.

no i'm afraid it isn't. That doesn't apply to a heavy caliber pistol like the Lex, whose dual variant is a direct upgrade to the single variant.

Yes, there are some inconsistencies to all directions. I guess they made the stats balance rather than logical.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

AFTER HOTFIX 

Hello. Please adjust the crit values of Lex and Magnus to fit their dual-wield counterparts. Holding two guns doesn't cause a magical fusion of the two handguns' souls to create an aura that enhances critical scoring ability. 

Cause everything else in warframe follows the normal rules right? lol

You're right. Buffing the single wields to fit the dual-wields will make sense and that isn't allowed. Sorry please disregard this topic.

lol. I'm not against buffing the single versions. I'm just pointing out that a lot of things in warframe operate under some "interesting" rules...