Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low-Damage Weapons

Sarathiel

Hi.

I've started this topic because i think that all weapons (also warframes) should have similiar stats!

I'd love to play more meele weapons, but these are too weak for higher lvls.

Same with the all old weapons like braton, paris, lato, aklato, etc.

They're are useless now 0ntJCX9.gif

So, all weapons should be too good for early game, and too bad for end game?

Hell no.

Braton, Lato, Skana are starter weapons. They are here to let you get stronger ones.

It's called progression, you know?

All weapons should be good so far.

Maybe you misunderstood my post, you know?

Hi.

I've started this topic because i think that all weapons (also warframes) should have similiar stats!

I'd love to play more meele weapons, but these are too weak for higher lvls.

Same with the all old weapons like braton, paris, lato, aklato, etc.

They're are useless now 0ntJCX9.gif

483ef0911f5e27073a015b45aee7a288b9c8d3bf

most of the weapons are too similiar already what they need is to be more unique so we actually have a reason to use them.

There have been quite a number of topics already up explaining how bad the starter weapons are. They can use a buff or tweaking in their damage. ie. their slash, puncture, and impact damage to be more balance out so they would perform "better" for a newbie.

Braton, Lato, Skana are starter weapons. They are here to let you get stronger ones.

Also if they must suck because they are starter weapons does that mean Loki, Excalibur, and Mag needs a nerf, because they are starter frames. So they player can progress to a new, and "better" frame? 

More back on topic, it's not just starter weapons the OP is talking about I agree that bows in general are lacking. They work fine when there are a few enemies, but when there is a horde charging you a bow isn't the best weapon to be using at that time, especially in def missions.

Edited by Rafarix

• 2 weeks later...

Skana needs a serious buff. Why? Open the damn codex and read. Skana is a pretty big deal. I'll help ya out.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Skana

The last part is important: "For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar for their culture." That makes it sound like a pretty big deal. I mean if it's the foundation of their fighting style, why is it so bad? Skana really should be better. Higher crit damage and/or damage. Faster attack/charge speeds. HITS MORE THEN ONE TARGET? 

Well, can't resist an urge to annoy devs with pleade to buff Gorgon. :)

I freaking LOVE this gun! I love it's sound, it's kick, it's FEEL and most of all it's LOOKS. I dropped 6 formas into this thing. I've been waiting for this gun from very start. All I ask is accuracy of Soma and Soma's reload time. Pretty please?

Edited by phetaduck

Hey, my MK1 is just as good as that 6 rifle, why should I even bother to get it?

Oh, the event reward is a new shotgun? Oh, it takes roughly two hours to do it. Meh, why bother, it's just going to have the same performance as my Strun.

Clan tech? those thing cost too much time and material, why bother even contributing to research it.

Edited by Innosin

Innosin, people get bored. And as soon as anyone learns of Master ranks, weapons drop left, right and center. Ok. Clan tech weapons are a bit of a sore spot since they should be "better" But there is NO REASON that the base weapons should be THIS bad. 

Low level weapons are meant for low level missions. Their damage is actually more than adequate for the job. New players generally feel that the starter weapons are far worse than it actually is because they do not have the mods to maximize the potential yet, nor are these weapons usually potatoed.

Tiered weapon system is better because you would periodically have the excitement of being able to upgrade to a marginally better weapon. There is a sense of progression and a goal to be achieved. Players are less likely to feel bored since there is something to look forward to which is a whole lot better than changing weapon when u got bored of your current one, cause you know... some players wont change what works (just take a look at player profiles, a fair bit has the same combo of most used WF and weapon, the Rhino and Strun Wraith respectively).

BTW, Angius is right. if all weapons are equally good and are balanced to perform well at midgame, then the early content would be cakewalk and the end game would be impossible. Unless you mean all weapons are equally good AND equally good across the game. Then that's just silly...

However, that said... I do support weapon gameplay diversity instead of just buffing weapon stats and slapping on a different skin. Penta, Drakgoon, Phage, Ignis, Stug, Ballistica are fair examples of diversed weapon gameplay.

So, all weapons should be too good for early game, and too bad for end game?

Hell no.

Weapons could be good for early game, and still good for end game.

It's called scaling, you know?