Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venus Is Cold!? (Mindfuck)

Doughalo2

Well if the CO2 rich atmosphere were to be stripped away, the dark side would likely get to around the same temperature as the dark side of Mercury, which is around -220 Celcius (-364 Fahrenheit).

The thick CO2 atmosphere creates an intense greenhouse effect, raising the temperature up to 462 Celcius (864 Fahrenheit) on the dark side of the planet.

Well if the CO2 rich atmosphere were to be stripped away, the dark side would likely get to around the same temperature as the dark side of Mercury, which is around -220 Celcius (-364 Fahrenheit).

It is kinda hard to be the dark side of Venus when we are fighting in sunlight, though :<

How do we know we're in sunlight when we don't have eyes?

Oh how that eyeless thing irks me.. Just 'cause Salad 5 said it, doesn't make it true.. unless you think the grineer are actually canines?

I know you were just joking, but every time someone says it I die a little inside.

Edited by Ronon2222

Two options. 

1) Terraforming. Basically the atmosphere of Venus has been thinned out by either massive machines sucking it up. Or by moar dakka and simply blasting the atmosphere away. Best way to do it really is to find a way to disrupt Venus' magnetic field, and let the sun with it's solar flares do the rest and blast the atmosphere into space. Or create your own localized flares (because those things are pretty difficult to predict) to do the same thing. 

2) Biomes. Bascically you create a sealed off system (by energy shields and the like) and thus create a settlement on the surface. Venus is still venus. Hot, and with pressure so high it's crush you into a dimple. This idea also supports the Corpus outposts on small planetoids that in reality couldn't hold an atmosphere, let alone keep a jumping tenno on the ground. So an artifitial gravity world with a shielding system keeping a localized atmosphere. And since it's corpus they keep the system working in a cost-cuts mode and thus, the places are really, really cold. Heat is expensive ya know. 

In my opinion the grineer shipyards tileset would fit perfectly with venus. I mean lets assume the Orokin thinned the atmosphere, but it's still closer to the sun and with all the toxic acid rain and the like that's been a stable of that rock's atmosphere I'd hardly see anything but a semi-toxic wasteland in any other case. And since it's one of the closest worlds to the Grineer capital, Earth, it just makes sense to have that as a shipyard. 

The bigges issue I have is why the HELL did DE give Mars' tileset to phobos. If anything Phobos would fit with Corpus better (easier, thus cheaper for transit purposes) The current Arid tileset SCREAMS Mars: Red sands, large canyons, eroding remnants of an ancient colony that also support the idea of planetary terraforming. Phobos's total surface area is LESS then that of Denver, or so the wiki says. it's a giant boulder in space. 

Edited by Lakais