Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Messing With The Respawn, Stay Near The Terminal.

.Talia.

When i go to Kappa farm Oxium with randons, everytime i get groups that have no idea of how to play a mobile defense, they all go each way, denying the XP for the team, and also loosing the xp from kills made by other team mate since everyone is alone pressing 4 and wiping rooms far away scattering the loot and messing with the respawn.

No wonder when sometimes there is no spawn at all, and everyone is like zorencoptering around looking for someone to kill and there is no enemy, the spawn is already messed up.

Why can't you spam your AoE near the terminal? Why can't you play as a team and not to worry so much about the kills, but about the loot, that's the reason we are there.

This is how you Farm Oxium.

Yes it's really scary, how some players are desperate for kills.  Seriously...  A few kills here and there is a drop in the bucket later on.

It's better to play as a team and make friends in this game.

The Kappa, Kiste defense objective rooms need a rework...  They're seriously my least favorite missions right now and only a necessary evil for leveling my gear.

It's just terrible, man. I asked politely for my teammates to stay in the room. One dude didn't and just messed the spawn up. And when we got to defending the pod he was like, "Do I have to stay in the room for this one, too?" then I just gave up and stopped caring. People are awful.

ah so funny. People don't care thats why an when you shout in game to stay near x or whatever who wants to listen to some guy telling them what to do? I've never yet been in a mission where there was ever a problem beating it, people dying, or even getting mats even when people run off, its such an easy mission. So what if you have to walk around a bit after to find stuff, and the XP so you ro they might miss out on some, but its pretty hard to be that far away and not get any the place is so small. If you want people to all play some exact specific way thats what clans, friends, and recruitment is for, if you are pugging then you can't really complain, its what you should expect and be surprised if it doesn't happen. (I'm not for either side in this particularily, people do whatever and I just collect my resources. I have no problem running around and barely shooting if someone else wants to rush/aoe everything)

mb if they added option to play alone with more mobs or something it would be different.

solo missions dont have as much stuff to kill as in 4 ppl missions, and those "kill hungry " ppl just go and ruin other ppl game.

i gotta admit as a melee player, in these situations,  its really hard to have some fun when you just spend your time running around trying to kill something or do any kind of contribution. its not even cause of the exp, its simply cuz im sitting there just watching, wich is kinda boring...

From my experience.

Anybody Rank 5 and above....don't even bother asking

Below that politely explain to them the mechanics of MD

Once I see someone who is clearly experienced..I don't even try...I've been playing long enough to make this observation 

I usually end up doing the same. What I saw in this central room... Oh the horror...

People trying to kill Oxium Ospreys with low fire rate weapons, EVEN BOWS.

So many oxium got wasted and just vanished like that.

I can't let that happen, so when I go random and see people playing like heroes, I follow them so I'm sure I get my oxium...

Edited by matto

Been running Kappa by my lonesome or with one friend with a Volt or Mag.

Same amount of Oxium either way.

My only problem is the possibility of a Stalker or Harvester.

Not really confident that I can fight them.

Course the chances are a close to nil of seeing one so eh.

ah so funny. People don't care thats why an when you shout in game to stay near x or whatever who wants to listen to some guy telling them what to do? I've never yet been in a mission where there was ever a problem beating it, people dying, or even getting mats even when people run off, its such an easy mission. So what if you have to walk around a bit after to find stuff, and the XP so you ro they might miss out on some, but its pretty hard to be that far away and not get any the place is so small. If you want people to all play some exact specific way thats what clans, friends, and recruitment is for, if you are pugging then you can't really complain, its what you should expect and be surprised if it doesn't happen. (I'm not for either side in this particularily, people do whatever and I just collect my resources. I have no problem running around and barely shooting if someone else wants to rush/aoe everything)

The result, we end up getting 20, 30 max Oxium!! While if all squad members stay on the same room, you can get up to 60 - 70!!

So i waste 25 minutes of play time, to get one half or one third of what is the ideal amount of oxium.

Edited by RexSol

There's allot of psychology going on here.  Usually people just don't like being told what to do, even if you're right and especially if you're right.  This is a video game and fantasy, blah blah blah...

However, there's a way to get what you want.  I'm not going to say it works every time, but probably 3 out of 4 times I've said nicely, "hey do you guys mind killing closer to the terminal?  I've got some gear I'm leveling and would love to get a higher XP bonus from your kills..."  Rather than me demanding that the guys play how I want them to play, I'm asking for their help.

Most people will generally respond well to that, but if someone is being a jerk...  well  recently I've been leveling my weps using Loki (he's great for turning all enemies into target practice) and I find these jerks are great for practicing my switch teleports.  XD

When I have players running off not protecting the defense target, I tend to do the same. Not because I want all of the exp, but because I want the mission to fail and for the idiots running off to realize the error of their ways.

I'm highly doubtful any of them would be smart enough to get the point after several consecutive failures of Mobile Defense.

Edited by Trowicia