Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Flux Rifle

Psychosist

According to other threads and http://dpsframe.com the Flux Rifle currently rivals the Braton rifle in terms of damage output (both sustained and burst DPS). This isn't right.

I love my Flux Rifle, I really do. It's my most used weapon according to my ingame profile, and it's still able to carry me through Ceres pretty easily, but it literally doesn't carry its own weight. I've put five Forma on it and it's really only as good as a 25,000 Credit Assault Rifle.

Braton:

18 DMG per shot

8.8 RoF

=

158.4 Base DPS

Flux Rifle:

14 DMG per shot

10.0 RoF

=

140 Base DPS

See this? This isn't right. Our laser rifle is a Mastery 6 Clantech weapon (5 Fieldron and a Forma, oh boy), and it's barely holding up to the average rifle. Don't even get me started on the new Continous damage mechanic, because that lowers the Flux's rate of fire even further.

~~~~~~

Another point I would like to make is the Flux Rifle's current capped range. Back in DMG1.0 it was a necessary balance, as the Flux Rifle had 200 base DPS and Serrated Blade damage, which I'll get to later. The Braton, being a bullet Rifle, has infinite range. The Flux Rifle, being Continuous, caps out at 25m. This hard cap is no longer needed, because even without it, the Flux Rifle would still be inferior to the Braton. Cap needs a second look. With the current shoddy damage, even removing the cap entirely would be a futile effort to save the weapon.

~~~~~~

Prior to the new damage system, our Flux had Serrated Blade damage. Let's recap what this type was:

• one of the four "armor ignore" damage types; the others being Poison, Physics Impact, and Armor Piercing

• dealt +300% to Light Infested

• Unlike Physics Impact, this damage type dealt full damage to Seekers, Commanders, and Rollers

• Unlike Armor Piercing, this damage type did not do 50% to Light Infested

Now with the new model, Flux's damage turned into mostly Slash (hey, just like Melee, and we all know how crappy melee is, right?) which is many stages weaker than Serrated Blade.

• Deals +25% to Flesh, Cloned Flesh, and +50% to Infested Flesh

• Has bleed DoT if procs

• Crap on Armor and Robots, yay

I mean not only did you nerf Flux's damage by a 30% margin (200 DPS to 140), but the new damage type for Flux just sucks. Yeah, I can go kill some Infested, but how often do we see those dudes anymore? Corpus are facing the 2014 Greedy Milk Holocaust as I write this, so the starmap is pretty much just heavily armored Grineer. Changing the damage to Heat would be an acceptable move, as you still damage Fleshy surfaces but only lose to Proto Shields (still better than losing out to Armor, which is all across the game).

~~~~~~

TL;DR

• Change damage type to Heat for better coverage, and only losing out on Proto Shield

• Buff damage back to 200/s to out DPS Braton

• Increase hard cap range (or even remove it entirely?) to challenge the "better" rifles (Soma, Karak, Bratons, etc).

Edited by Psychosist

Absolutely agree with Psychosist. It is not logical what is happening with weapons technology clan.

It is unheard of for a rifle technology clan, Tier 6, having the power of a Braton 25,000 credits.

Edited by Awazx

well dmg is the only matter here for flux rifle since its one of the old favourite clantech weapon with acrid too during dmg 1.0 for us players, so yeah looking at the difference of braton and flux.......it would be nice to re-consider giving some love for flux rifle again.

I just thought about the same thing and searched it up and BAM. Perfect thread found ^^

The Flux Rifle should do at least additionally heat damage, because a high-energy laser heats up the material on impact. It's only logical :D
And it's obviously a corpus weapon build against Infested. (with this buff it would be useable again, against Infested)

Same for range... It's not a little laserpointer (even they have more than 25m range -> 1500m)... Synapse or Ignis range makes sense, but for the Flux rifle there is really no reasonable explanation.

This 2 points HAVE to be buffed. There is no way around ;)

It would also be nice to buff damage like Psychosist showed.

New weapon Phage now does 330 DPS and Flux does roughly 160. Still barely as effective as the Braton, but hey, you still got that awesome Slash damage and that 25m range!

Welp there's still that 25% status chance. Meh.

Edited by Psychosist