The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Only Around 2 Death Animations For Enemies?

Rettycombine

Currently the only death animations i can see when i shot lancers to death is that they either fall back, or fall forward, there is no ragdoll physics anymore, and killing an entire conga line of butchers only to have them all fall backwards in the exact same way looks really bad.

it depends on what kind of damage kills them.

if the puncture kills them, they stand for a second, then faceplant.

if impact kills them, they fall backwards.

if slash kills them, they are cut in half and ragdoll.

im not sure what kill animations the elemental damage has.

it depends on what kind of damage kills them.

if the puncture kills them, they stand for a second, then faceplant.

if impact kills them, they fall backwards.

if slash kills them, they are cut in half and ragdoll.

im not sure what kill animations the elemental damage has.

I think elemental death animations are just the regular death animations but the enemies sometimes get the effect of the element.

• 3 months later...

We need some!

Almost every Corpus guy I shot during 5 invasion runs, staggered back and raised his arms before slumping down.

There are too few death animations being used too often, and not enough ragdolls on death.

I can appreciate there may be performance overheads with too many ragdolls, but at the moment it seems that 8/10 kills result in a scripted animation.

It is even funny at times to shoot a few enemies with punch-through and watch the synchronised deaths!

More ragdolls please, and more varied death animations :)

Yes, i totaly agree, wrote a post about it like a month ago, it would be awesome to blast enemies away with shotguns again, or remove their head at 10000 miles per minute after being shot with a sniper, just makes playing a thousad times more enjoyble epic and fun to play

The flux rifle and weapons with lots of slash damage give quite a nice variety of deaths. Like, I shot a corpus crewman and it cut his body in half and flung the top half across the map. 

Another time I shot one in the head and his brain popped out like a toaster.

Yup, love the Flux for that reason :)

I was using a Hind with Magnetic & Toxin when I noticed it, almost every dude died the same.

Perhaps when there is no dominant base damage type they all use a default animation?

Edited by Egg_Chen

It all depends on how much power the physical stat has, if slash has enough power then it will dismember everything (that can be dismembered) and puncture will remove some limbs too if it is high enough.

Enemies that die due to low damage, usually just play the animation or flop.

Edited by Aciaj613