Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music You Guys Listen To?

BrotherIcarus

+1 for Evanescence. 

Um... 

Oh dear... I listen to a wide variety of music while playing. 

Most of the times I am playing a continuous album of Deadmau5 while laughing at how the pillars of Ember's world on fire sync with the music.. Let's see... I also listen to Evanescence, Falling in Reverse, Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold, Crown the Empire, Eyes Set to Kill, Senses Fail, Silverstein... (ready for a jump?) Katy Perry, Lady Gaga...

But that's just English music. I also tend to listen to soundtracks from RPGs or other games while playing. OR music by Japanese artists like Angela Aki or Utada Hikaru, Gackt, Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas, etc. 

ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC FOR EVER

Check those great labels like Monstercat, Vital, UKF and so on.

They've been providing me with awesome stuff for years :D

I like them because of those 60+ minutes mixtapes that are perfect for Warframe grinding.

I listen to: M U S I C

to quote myself

"I also enjoy any kind of Music (from Classic to jazz to Electronic stuff and rock, don't forget about the metal, and the especially the epic metal... ok there are too many generes that i listen to, just hang with the first part of my sentence, any kind of music)"

I personally can't stand most of the nu metal I come across, so I tend to stay away from it. Same notion goes for a majority of country music I run into, and I'm not even gonna get started on the abomination that is pop music.

As for what I actually do listen to, I'll just list some of the artists.

Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, Architect, DJ Shadow, Michael McCann, RJD2, Slayer, HUVA Network, Solar Fields, Rammstein, Annihilator, Amon Tobin, Colour Haze, Dead Confederate, Devin Townsend, Dio, Electric Wizard, God Is An Astronaut, This Will Destroy You, Long Distance Calling, Megadeth, Mogwai, Oneohtrix Point Never, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Souvenir's Young America, Styx, Tool,   and a bunch of other random stuff, largely including jazz and classical. 

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Lately I've been grooving into "2025" by Until The Ribbon Breaks, The new Passenger album "All the little lights", Janelle Monae and various jazz artists. If you're looking for Youtube talent, I'd suggest looking up YourEnigma. He's got some great classical, jazz and even some of that electronic stuff.

Uuummm...

System of a Down

Spellblast

Disturbed

Gamma Ray

As I Lay Dying

Arch Enemy

Bal-Sagoth

Children of Bodom

Dragonforce

Haggard

Heaven Shall Burn

Himsa

Havok

Horda

Rhapsody

Slayer

Sonata Arctica

Rob Zombie

White Zombie

And so on. :D

Electronic: deadmau5, E Nomine, she, Skrillex (more or less sparingly), zircon, Blue Stahli, Celldweller, Pendulum, etc.

Rock/Metal: Pretty much anything from System of a Down to Nirvana to Muse to Spin Doctors.  Also some Santana when I'm feeling up for it.

Obscure Crap: One-Eyed Doll, Voltaire, Stemage, Shoe, The Protomen.  Some others.  And an embarrassing amount of movie and video game soundtracks and scores.

My favorite stuff, though?  Foo Fighters and Dream Theater.

EDIT: Oh God, almost forgot Daft Punk up there.  Whew.

Edited by DLVargas

Bands:

Metallica
Balmorhea

Creed

whitesnake

Guns and roses

Blacksbbath 

Genesis

Evanescence

Pink Floyd

Ravenface

Skillet 

Saturnus

steelheart

Swallow The Sun

Staind

Hinder

Uaral

W.A.S.P

Epica

Aerosmith 

Ghost B.C

Bullet For My Valentine

Breaking Benjamin

Deathstars

Hammock

Her Name Is Calla

Megadeth

My Dying Bride

Queen

ZZ top

Jefferson Airplane

Manowar

Opeth 

Three Days Grace

The Sorrow 

System Of A Down

Slayer

Novembers Doom

Disturbed

Draconian

Five Finger Death Punch

3rd And The Mortal

Singers/Guitarists :

Slash

Jimi Hendrix 

Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Steve Vai

duane allman

eric clapton

Janis Joplin

bb KING

eddie van halen 

Dio

Carlos Santana

Bruce Springsteen

jimmy page

david gilmour

thats what i remember now .. i dont know if i forget any .. but i listen to ROCK and METAL !\m/