Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think U12 Content Is Just One Big Cash Grab?

WildcatAU

Thread cleansed of derailment and personal attacks, any further posts of that nature will not be tolerated.

As for my take:

The terms "cash grab", "paywall" - these mean that there is no other way to acquire the new content other than paying for it with platinum, which is not the case. You can still get them all with a bit of patience, via the dojo labs. For the impatient, the option is there to get them instantly.

So no, I don't think it's a cash grab.

FINALLY!!!!!!!! someone with a decent, mature and Sensible opinion...thank you!

DW people there were many others to =D <3

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

Not a cash grab, but...

It's more incentivised to spend plat this time around.

Of course I was impatient and rushed the tenno lab for plat, breaking the oxium count for my clan by -228 when the hot fix rolled out... so still waiting for that fix...

All the members of my clan were sure to remind me that patience is a virtue... lol

Edited by Nihilum

Seems like many people i have talked to think so, All the new content, is very hard to get and takes a long to make for new players and people who are very impatient, U12 seem to follow the old "Make everyone really bored so they buy everything" cliche more then previous updates. But im fine with it, does not bother me really.

Agree?, disagree?

Not sure if im breaking forum rules with this, its not a complaint, just looking for opinions.

Hence this is not affecting ME at all, In my opinion i think its a cash grab for OTHER people perhaps, Sorry for the confusion.

I think it is. It gives me the feeling that they are just appealing to the masses (well not really, the appeal to the criers who are the most vocal ...but only a minority of the masses). Cry loud enough, they will nerf something. It's like they don't even play their own game at all anymore. Do they even Frost? Do they even know how Snowglobe actually works? They act as if it's a bloody Trinity Blessing.

If you're referring to the borked Void reward tables, they already fixed it:

"Void Reward Changes:

- Changes to Void Mission Rewards: Capture, Exterminate, and Mobile Defense missions no longer contain Resources/Cores as mission rewards, only Prime Parts, Forma, or a Key.
For Survival and Defense missions, staying at least 15 minutes/15 waves guarantees a Prime Part, Forma or a Key. Resources, Cores, or Credits are included in the cycling of mission rewards for Survival/Defense."

If you're referring to the borked Void reward tables, they already fixed it:

"Void Reward Changes:

- Changes to Void Mission Rewards: Capture, Exterminate, and Mobile Defense missions no longer contain Resources/Cores as mission rewards, only Prime Parts, Forma, or a Key.
For Survival and Defense missions, staying at least 15 minutes/15 waves guarantees a Prime Part, Forma or a Key. Resources, Cores, or Credits are included in the cycling of mission rewards for Survival/Defense."

lets see about that :p

thx for the information Tulzscha

Edited by Amm0n

Well, the fact that they remove forma's (not the BP's...) from void rewards is kind of a cash grab move, now people are limited to 1 per day, unless you spend platinum. Which isn't a big deal for people who only play a few hours a week, but for most others it's a kick in a teeth. 

Actually...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/?p=2029774#entry2029774

They still drop in void missions. (if anyone has already corrected this, my bad. Not feeling like reading this whole thread at the moment. I should be asleep.)

Why do people care so much about what others are spending money on?

Does it really affect you beyond "That guy has that weapon"?

Just strikes of jealousy really.

If the issue is that the new content is too hard to unlock, then that's the issue, I don't see how that's related to the cash shop.

of course it is 

but more importantly, whats wrong with that ?

we should be ok with these things, to support the game and allow it to progress

i love how if u dont want to get something right away with plat all you have to do is wait and get it anyways its fair imo

Nah, I disagree with that.

Clan research is useful again and I think the resources requirements are not so high, new things can be get quite shortly.

What I find bad in this U12 is that there's actually nothing to do, no goals, no new bosses, no Void entries....I mean, it's ok to wait like 3/4 days to get the new items if the update gives you something to do in the meanwhile.

As it is now, it looks to me like a huge wednesday Tenno Reinforcement.

But, on the other side, they've fixed a lot of bugs and I'm pretty sure we won't have to wait until U13 to see great additions, as for 11.5 I think there'll be interesting stuff between big updates...

DE doesn't seem like a money grubbing company. They have to make money somehow which is why plat exists, but they don't make you spend plat for EVERYTHING, unlike a few free to play games out there. I'm satisfied with what I have, and when I get a discount daily reward, I drop some money on platinum.