Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think U12 Content Is Just One Big Cash Grab?

WildcatAU

Seems like many people i have talked to think so, All the new content, is very hard to get and takes a long to make for new players and people who are very impatient, U12 seem to follow the old "Make everyone really bored so they buy everything" cliche more then previous updates. But im fine with it, does not bother me really.

Agree?, disagree?

Not sure if im breaking forum rules with this, its not a complaint, just looking for opinions.

Hence this is not affecting ME at all, In my opinion i think its a cash grab for OTHER people perhaps, Sorry for the confusion.

Note: You people need to calm down, cant believe how offended and aggressive people get when i ask for a opinion.. my goodness

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

in my honest opinion this seems to be the case, All the new content, is very hard to get and takes FOREVER to make, U12 seem to follow the old "Make everyone really bored so they buy everything" cliche.

Agree?, disagree?

Not sure if im breaking forum rules with this, its not a complaint, just looking for opinions.

Or you could just wait and learn how to be patient which is something everyone needs to learn how to do.

Well, think about it from a business perspective. They want to keep players playing as long as possible, so they create time sinks. They know people will be impatient, so they take advantage of that to sell the things that take a long time to get. Of course everything they do is to make money, how else will they make a living? 

in my honest opinion this seems to be the case, All the new content, is very hard to get and takes FOREVER to make, U12 seem to follow the old "Make everyone really bored so they buy everything" cliche.

Agree?, disagree?

I disagree. This update follows suit with every previous update; there is nothing particular about it in regards for forcing or enticing pay.

The crash grab occurs with massive grinding and limited-time offerings.

Best Regards,

they need a income so they're allowed in my book

and no its optional cause their not exclusive stuff

just grind and wait

be happy the stuff is clan tech which really require simple grind and waiting compare to when ember prime came..... feel sorry for the people that did over 100 caps and still don't have her

Well, the fact that they remove forma's (not the BP's...) from void rewards is kind of a cash grab move, now people are limited to 1 per day, unless you spend platinum. Which isn't a big deal for people who only play a few hours a week, but for most others it's a kick in a teeth. 

Wrong on so many levels.

Yes.

Primary demographic for buying guns to get them NOW NOW NOW is probably the established players who are low on weapons to level. I'm speculating that with the huge resource surplus many established players are holding, DE often loses a lot of income to people just buying BP's for creds and rushing them for plat to get their weapon instantly. Even with having to buy slot/catalyst they still reclaim less than half the plat than if the same person had bought the weapon directly.

Doing clan tech and plat-only market distribution took rushing off the table for a few days, and people had to buy full price or wait a long time. If I want to be optimistic I could call it market research. Something they're doing just because they've never done it and they want to see what patterns in behavior/spending emerge, but even in an optimistic mood that's just sugar coating a cash grab. :P

Edited by VKhaun

Or you could just wait and learn how to be patient which is something everyone needs to learn how to do.

How would you know if i was patient or not? Just because i think this game has alot of major cash grabs at times does not mean im impatient and unwilling to wait and grind.

How would you know if i was patient or not? Just because i think this game has alot of major cash grabs at times does not mean im impatient and unwilling to wait and grind.

The fact you are complaining about it taking forever, that shows you aren't patient enough.

Cash grabs don't exist in this game. You play it for free. You can get everything for free. No if ands or buts. You can give criticism as too things that take too long or take too many resources but nothing more. How often do you get something free in life?

So they can't make money because you need money or something? Look when you grow up you will see that people need money to live. You will understand the difference between trying to make a quick buck and making a living. This is already off topic considering this is a free to play game, that you don't have to pay a dime for.

I never said that, I said that U12 "SEEMS" to try and take advantage of the many people out there that have time restraints alot more then previous updates.  LOL Also if you read, you would have seen that i just wanted opinions and that i was not complaining, Hence meaning this whole idea is not affecting me. I just have an opinion about it. 

I was adding to your topic not directing it towards you. No need to get hostile.

Edited by Gravefire

"Make everyone really bored so they buy everything"

Honestly, I just come to Warframe to blow sh*t up, and to do so with varied and often imaginative weapons. If on the way I get resources to craft even more tools of mass distraction, that's even better.

The only real "cash grab" in my eyes is the slots deal... but then I paid what I thought the game was worth, and in return I got enough plat to buy them anyway, because in my eyes, F2P games are "pay what you think it's worth". Nothing's really free...

I never said that, I said that U12 "SEEMS" to try and take advantage of the many people out there that have time restraints alot more then previous updates.  LOL Also if you read, you would have seen that i just wanted opinions and that i was not complaining, Hence meaning this whole idea is not affecting me. I just have an opinion about it. 

Seems is a rather suggestive term that "this is my opinion but Im not going to say so". So you are telling me you have this opinion but you aren't affected by it at all? If this was the case you would have asked questions on the topic instead of stating an opinion on said topic. In fact you wouldn't have said anything at all.