Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Limit The Movement In Md Missions!

drMightyPotato

That still doesn't address gimping spawn rates and therefore resource drops.

It doesn't but ive more or less given up on trying to give decent answers to people that either don't read or refuse to post something constructive and instead focus on posting mindless combination of words that are supposed to create a sentence. 

Yeah it's real stupid for people to walk into a mobile defense mission with the intentions of not defending anything and trying to show off.

Sigh...

The Kappa/Kiste mobile defense maps need to be reworked.  I used to play this map all the time to level weapons, but now it's my least favorite map in the entire game, not because of the mission, but because of some players that frequent them.

The Europa Baal map is much better for leveling gear.  While there are still idiots that run off alone to kill, it's less likely to occur.

Edited by sushidubya

Yeah it's real stupid for people to walk into a mobile defense mission with the intentions of not defending anything and trying to show off.

Sigh...

The Kappa/Kiste mobile defense maps need to be reworked.  I used to play this map all the time to level weapons, but now it's my least favorite map in the entire game, not because of the mission, but because of some players that frequent them.

The Europa Baal map is much better for leveling gear.  While there are still idiots that run off alone to kill, it's less likely to occur.

There is one big problem with map reworks.

Look at Io, map is perfectly laid out for getting xp. If you stand near the pod, no matter where you teammates kill the mobs, you will get xp. But then again, that brought other problems. Spawncamping idiots will be brainless and still try to hoard those "everimportant kills". While doing that they will go into spawn zones ( through those doors ) and mobs wont spawn.

Imo, only solution for the spawncamping issue is:

If you play with party you will get xp boost based on how many of your teammates are in your 20 m radius. If you are too farm from the group, you will get mediocre xp ( half what you get by killing with weapon or frame ). Every teammate that is near you should add 100 % of xp on your base value. Also too prevent AFKing, if you are nonresponsive for more than a minute, you will not get any xp.

Best defense I've found against door hero players is to do the highest level mob defense missions I can.. although with grineer domination of the system there are precious few corpus m. defense.

On higher level missions those lone heroes are often taken down multiple times, no res for them.

But I would like to see some measure taken to help prevent that playstyle all together.

I was not aware of the exp range until recently, before which it made perfect sense to be a doorway hero as I thought I was protecting my team and the objective. Hell half of my games are full of people who rush to the end and dont want to wait for you to open a few containers and gather resources, and instead opt for killing every enemy on the map before the other 3 players can get anywhere near them.

I am also guilty of spamming 4 with a souped up banshee on full stretch which is HUGE AOE, but at least now I do it with my team and they get the exp.

I did the nightmare alert which was mobile defense.

Want to get people to stay at obj? REMOVE SHIELDS

They want to go solo? They'll die and not get ressed. 

To be honest, when I'm doing nightmare missions with friends and I'm Loki, I tend to stay as far away from my teammates if it's a no-shield debuff. it's actually safer for me. I'd assume Ash players would be the same way.