Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...paths

Ohmlink

Steve hinted at these in the latest livestream, he named three: Warrior, Guardian, Channeling (Mage?.) So what does this mean for Warframe? It could possibly be the ability to differenciate your single warframe from everyone elses with possible special effects to powers or stats depending on what you choose.

So rather than just simply increasing damage/stats how about some ideas for effects. Here's mine: Channeling Volt's overload no longer breaks electronics and can be used on subsequent casts.

Edited by Ohmlink

It means you get a unique "super saiyan" form you can use once per match. This form will have powers and passive abilities depending on which one you selected and how you picked traits for it (the higher your mastery, the more traits you can pick). That is what I got from the livestream. 

It means you get a unique "super saiyan" form you can use once per match. This form will have powers and passive abilities depending on which one you selected and how you picked traits for it (the higher your mastery, the more traits you can pick). That is what I got from the livestream. 

Yeah, although that's always subject to change. Having a Tenno Roid Rage mode would be useful, especially for boss fights. I kind of picture it working like this:

You equip a lens for a specific type, Warrior Lens like they mentioned and level it up. And then you have a new tab listing all the perks and you check off which ones you want, up to your Mastery Level in number. Leveling up different lens adds another list to this menu so you can mix and match, or just adds its unlocked perks to the list.

Still, I think I like the idea of passive stat and performance tweaks that are always on...more than I like the idea of roid raging. Boss fights are the only thing I can really imagine that you can count on using it for. In the grand scheme of most missions, 30 to 45 seconds is nothing. I get what they're going for (when I first heard focus I thought "oh god, here comes the bullet time nooooooooooooo."), the whole Ninja-focus-be-awesome-for-a-short-period-of-time, but once a match means they'll have to tune boss fights for Warframes all activating focus at the same time so they don't just get obliterated.

Alternatively, I'd suggest a bar that just charges very slowly over time, replenished and increased by nothing (to start anyways.) Say a 15 minute recharge time on it. That'd let people in Survival missions that are going the distance to enjoy the benefits more than once.

Edited by Nenjin

A Devil Trigger form is fine, but the path system could be used for so much more, since the most popular matches are over 20 minutes long. The passive power tweaks could add more ability variaty compared to what mods give us now. I'd rather they not give us 20 different perks that are hidden behind a form that can only be used once in a while.

As with almost everything in Warframe, any perks that let you finish content faster than before will become the only viable choices. Damage, Speed, Efficiency.

They'd have to rework enemy concepts across the board and give them special abilities that stop people from steamrolling every enemy type with dozens of thousands of damage per second.

See those newly added hero units. They never force players to change their playstyle or prepare for them in the slightest. One shot, one kill, whether its a level 20 lancer or a level 30 leader unit.

Not once per match.

It would be on a cooldown for about an hour after use. (Design Council.)

I prefer the term "Avatar State"

But yeah basically what he said.