Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Notification When Time Is About To Run Out

Gizun

So I played the recent heat sword alert mission and after I destroyed the reactor I went on to kill stuff and have a jolly good time when "MISSION FAILED"...oh right this has a time limit. So I think that there should be SOME kind of a vocal notification when time is about to run out.

Yup, this sounds like a good idea.  We'll look into it.

I think Lotus being more responsive over all would be great. In addition to the excellent idea already posted, how about things like "Keep going Tenno, you are almost to the extraction point" when you are at least going in the right direction and on the right level.

Little things like that maybe?

I never minded Lotus audio alerts so long as they were useful and intelligent. Worse thing is after completing an extermination mission, to hear her say "Enemies spotted" or some other thing after she's already said: "other than you, there are no other life forms detected."

I think Lotus being more responsive over all would be great. In addition to the excellent idea already posted, how about things like "Keep going Tenno, you are almost to the extraction point" when you are at least going in the right direction and on the right level.

Little things like that maybe?

I never minded Lotus audio alerts so long as they were useful and intelligent. Worse thing is after completing an extermination mission, to hear her say "Enemies spotted" or some other thing after she's already said: "other than you, there are no other life forms detected."

Now see I like that.. her just saying lines like keep going. Or You are closing in... even if it's just one liners, it sounds like she is really guiding you. Hell even a "you are going the wrong way!" Would be nice if your like two maps over >.>

Now see I like that.. her just saying lines like keep going. Or You are closing in... even if it's just one liners, it sounds like she is really guiding you. Hell even a "you are going the wrong way!" Would be nice if your like two maps over >.>

Her saying "You're going the wrong way" would sooo help especially with the changes to the mini map. I can't figure out which way I'm supposed to be going with the change to the HUD icon for extraction.

the going the wrong way might get annoying when you're just exploring though.

Imagine vault runs with the lotus crying in your ear to get to extraction -.-

Getting the waypoints to snap to the end of the tile would be more practical

(or just use the entire rotating map because despite being impractical it is fun to see your teammates running around on the minimap in the next tile )

you mean like how Survival, Lotus tells you how much air you have kinda thing~

sounds about right. she could just say " 10 second till ships gonna @#$! blow! abandon ship Tenno~!"

Only problem with that is if you're at ten seconds you're probably gonna fail anyway. A notification you're going to fail your mission would likely just annoy people (no offense).

If she's going to let people know about the time limit, it should be once you destroy the reactor

"The ship will not be able to sustain itself with the reactor core destroyed. Extract before the ship is destroyed" or something similar.

Then she needs to remind the player when you've got maybe two minutes left.

"Readings are showing the ship's systems are in critical condition. It will not be long before the ship explodes."

So I played the recent heat sword alert mission and after I destroyed the reactor I went on to kill stuff and have a jolly good time when "MISSION FAILED"...oh right this has a time limit. So I think that there should be SOME kind of a vocal notification when time is about to run out.

Doesn't help that with the default UI scale, the "Time: xx:xx" clips outside of the viewing area or at least it does at 1360x768 and the "Ship Integrity Compromised" message is written in that really stinking thin letter font that you've been using everywhere and is EASILY missed in the heat of combat.

There needs to be a level-wide Metroid Style Alarms playing to add to the whole "HURRY!" idea. If the ship integrity has been compromised, shouldn't warning klaxons be going off left and right to advise people to get to the life pods?

OR, build the Alarm into the BGM itself, example:

It would be pretty hard to miss the fact you better get the *bleep* out of dodge NOW with something like that being played in the background.

Edited by Xylia

Doesn't help that with the default UI scale, the "Time: xx:xx" clips outside of the viewing area or at least it does at 1360x768 and the "Ship Integrity Compromised" message is written in that really stinking thin letter font that you've been using everywhere and is EASILY missed in the heat of combat.

There needs to be a level-wide Metroid Style Alarms playing to add to the whole "HURRY!" idea. If the ship integrity has been compromised, shouldn't warning klaxons be going off left and right to advise people to get to the life pods?

OR, build the Alarm into the BGM itself, example:

It would be pretty hard to miss the fact you better get the *bleep* out of dodge NOW with something like that being played in the background.

Yeah, that kind of change in music would be really helpful. Even if Lotus doesn't say anything, music similar with alarms and bells and explosions would help move people along.