Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pssst De (Why Nerf The Lato?)

NoPainNoSwol

Wasn't Aklato's fire rate nerfed long ago because of mad Akbolto kids who forgot that their guns ignored armour anyway? +1 to this as well

Yep. Even with armor ignore gone, there still isn't a reason for that nerf.

Because all these weapons are semi-auto, a higher ROF helps mitigate the semi-auto ROF bug a little.

This brand new nerf to the starter pistols makes about as much sense as giving the MK-1 Braton primarily slash damage, considering the first enemies you meet are weak to puncture.

Actually slashing makes sense.

Grineer at Mercury have so little armor AND hp that slashing will come up on top.

The only time when armor gets better and puncture starts taking over is from level 20 on wards.

so new players will use plat to buy a better weapon

There would be no need to buy a better weapon if the starter/new weapons weren't god-awful. If a player likes the strength of his Aklatos, he should be able to keep it and use it, not have it nerfed in half and being forced to upgrade.

Why... 

For reals, why? I managed to mastery up the Aklato and I was wondering why they were so terribad, while I remembered the lato being a beast, relatively speaking. 

Honestly I don't get the idea behind the "trash tier" starter weapons. Each weapon should be viable. Different in a way but viable. My biggest gripe is with the skana. As a poster weapon and "For Tenno, it is a foundation for their fighting style and a pillar for their culture" makes it sound like a pretty big deal! You'd expect the "pillar of Tenno Culture" to hit like a brick made of depleted uranium fired into your face at 0.01% light speed (you'd probably level a city with it) 

I was't personally advocating a nerf to either weapon, just stating that it'd make far more sense if DE threw a nerf at something considered to be extremely powerful than the starting weapons.

Na it was more of a joke, because everyone tends to say it should get nerfed. 

What im trying to say is, DE should really concentrate on all really bad weapons first and only nerf a powerful weapon, if there really is no other way. But nerfing a good weapon wont fix bad ones.

I mean they nerfed already bad weapons.. I mean Strun nerf? What? Why?

Na it was more of a joke, because everyone tends to say it should get nerfed. 

What im trying to say is, DE should really concentrate on all really bad weapons first and only nerf a powerful weapon, if there really is no other way. But nerfing a good weapon wont fix bad ones.

I mean they nerfed already bad weapons.. I mean Strun nerf? What? Why?

It wont fix bad ones, but nerfing an overpowered weapon will fix that one weapon and thats still progress.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its also easy to do give it a charge mechanic :U

Jking thos shoudl be removed because they suck and arnt any fun.

Nerf its fire rate and reload speed to slower then the Lex, because then like the Lex just the lethel torrent mod will bring it up to shooting as fast as you can aim. Make sure it has a painfuly long reload like the old snipertron to make up for that amazing damage so you have to use the stunning speed mod if you want to go around spraying your bullets iresponcibly.

With great power comes great responcibility. ;aim wisely;

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Its to push players to invest in platinum.

Which would be fine if they they went on to offer a selection of one time starter packs at a decent price (which they dont do on PS4 and are too expensive on PC).

£15 quid should get you a choice of any two primaries and secondaries on the market, and any two Warframes from the get go all with with reactors and catalysts.

That way you can experience the game to its fullest and are likely to invest further.

Giving players worthless trash to start off with doesn't create any appeal to either carry on or invest money, you have to hook the players and entice them in.