Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Kill Stalker?

(PSN)A_Cry_For_Death

Question

I keep getting targeted by Stalker, which is awesome, but I can never kill him. I'm always in a party of four, so it's not that... I'm using level 30 Rhino (not potatoed), so I spam Iron Skin when he shows up, but it doesn't seem to help very much (he goes through it and my shield in less than a half a second). I'm using my shade, but for some reason, he still attacks me when I'm cloaked. I don't know if he has been buffed to ignore the cloak, or if this is a bug.

Any tips on how to kill him? Does he fall under a particular faction for Damage 2.0? (What damage type should I use against him?) Any particular weapons?

I'm don't have every resource, and for warframes, I'm pretty limited to just Rhino at the moment. (I still need systems for Frost.)

22 answers to this question

It's been a long time since I've last seen Stalkie, but back then when I was still farming the bugger for his gear I used Loki with Invis. I don't know if he sees through invisibility now.

Don't try using ironskin on him because he will just "Dispel" it, meaning he will flash a bright light, and boom, there goes your ironskin, its just a waste on energy on him. And warframe powers don't work on him, the only way to actually defeat him is to keep moving, and never stop, will trying to jump and shoot as much as possible, because for some reason his aim is worse when your'e in mid-air.

I hope this helps.

It's been a long time since I've last seen Stalkie, but back then when I was still farming the bugger for his gear I used Loki with Invis. I don't know if he sees through invisibility now.

He will just dispel it now.

Here are the things that won't work.

- Iron skin

- Trinity's link

- Loki's invis

- Trinity's blessing

- Excalibur's radial blind

- Ash's smoke bomb

- And nova's antimatter drop

Edited by sp4rtan148

He was gimstick for quite a while but dont worry they did reverted him too old strong but not cheat state in resent update.

Other than that, bring some fast fire rate gun, or gun that can blast him in few powerfull shoots.

He scales with you gear and conclave rating, and he has basicly all warframe powers and dispell power that can strip you iron skin or 97% of other warframe powers.

He is immune too stuns, cc, proc effects (fixed in resent updates) o and he is in secret  love with  Lotus :D

Edited by SALE94

He has a skill called Dispel now, which can basically get rid of any buff on you, including Iron Skin, Invisibility, Blessing, etc. most WF powers don't work on him, and his bow, if it hits you and procs bleed, can damage you through your shields and kill you. The only way to beat Stalker is with a good weapon, and being faster and more agile than him, you can't tank him, that's for sure.

A rule of thumb is to let your team mates handle him while you run around like a headless chicken but that is if they are competent enough to shoot him. You can still beat him on your own provided you keep moving and shoot him and preferably at longer ranges given that he uses a bow instead of a machine gun. *Shudders at the thought of a Stalker with Soma* Keep an ear out for the distinct slash dash sound and evade it as it means he has closed the distance towards you and like I said that is a bad thing given that you need to stay at range.

He will just dispel it now.

Here are the things that won't work.

- Iron skin

- Trinity's link

- Loki's invis

- Trinity's blessing

- Excalibur's radial blind

- Ash's smoke bomb

- And nova's antimatter drop

Good to know, thanks. They must have really lowered his spawn chance to 0.01% or something because since it's been months since I last saw him. In any case, I rarely run Loki anymore... do you know if Nova's MP works on him?

I keep getting targeted by Stalker, which is awesome, but I can never kill him. I'm always in a party of four, so it's not that... I'm using level 30 Rhino (not potatoed), so I spam Iron Skin when he shows up, but it doesn't seem to help very much (he goes through it and my shield in less than a half a second). I'm using my shade, but for some reason, he still attacks me when I'm cloaked. I don't know if he has been buffed to ignore the cloak, or if this is a bug.

Any tips on how to kill him? Does he fall under a particular faction for Damage 2.0? (What damage type should I use against him?) Any particular weapons?

I'm don't have every resource, and for warframes, I'm pretty limited to just Rhino at the moment. (I still need systems for Frost.)

Warframe Abilities don't affect him. He has an ability expel and therefore negates the effects of most abilities. He also hits like a Truck and has an ability set made to destroy his opposition. However, with good gear and weaponry and simply staying away form him is is a cakewalk. Too many times have I stumbled upon him and then asked my team, was that stalker? And them to reply, yeah he just died.

Good to know, thanks. They must have really lowered his spawn chance to 0.01% or something because since it's been months since I last saw him. In any case, I rarely run Loki anymore... do you know if Nova's MP works on him?

MP's never worked on him.

What you want is a very powerful weapon, preferably with a focus on shield damage. Powers are generally worthless.

Penta would probably be good, but watch out for his pull/teleport ability because you'll down yourself if he uses it while you're flinging grenades everywhere.

The wiki seems to suggest that shotguns and shock damage work well. Is that confirmed?

Shock damage is neither better nor worse than any other damage vs him.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

MP's never worked on him.

What you want is a very powerful weapon, preferably with a focus on shield damage. Powers are generally worthless.

Penta would probably be good, but watch out for his pull/teleport ability because you'll down yourself if he uses it while you're flinging grenades everywhere.

Shock damage is neither better nor worse than any other damage vs him.

The Wiki states the Stalker is equipped with Proto Shields and Alloy armor. If this is true, would a puncture+magnetic+toxin combo be good?

Stalker, as many have said, is effectively immune to powers.

Best tactics are to stay mobile, and carry a BIG gun. If you have a team, you run around (If you are his target) while they actually shoot him.

Also, watch out for his absorb - just like Nyx's. I've seen so many newer players nuked by that because they don't realise what it is.

( he floats in the air, a shimmering orb around him. all damage you throw at it will be reflected in a blast, but MULTIPLIED).

Stalker has:

Protoshielding- vulnerable to magnetics & impact, resistant to heat, puncture & corrosion

Alloy Armour- Vulnerable to puncture, cold & RADIATION, but resistant to slash, electric & magnetic

Health- Vulnerable to Toxin & Viral

As such, a good element combo would be the same for corpus - magnetics & toxin

And a final point - keep the hell out of melee range. you won't be able to react fast enough to anything he does that close.

Yeah, if you can build a weapon using say, Magnetic, Puncture/Impact & Toxin/Viral, you should be able to hurt him reasonably well.

Also, remember each element has it's own little special effects:

- Toxin will outright bypass shields, always.

- Magnetic, when 'proccing' will drain a huge amount of shields instantly.

- Viral, when proccing, will wipe a huge chunk of health off temporarily.

If you have the magnetic, then you can focus on getting a puncture weapon instead of impact. Corpus plasma weapons do this well, as do a number of other weapons. Shotguns, if you catch him as he spawns, can deal a huge amount of damage before he really gets going. I myself have found a ranked and modded sobek to be quite effective at close range. Mid range, most rifles can do well if modded right. Just always keep mobile.

Sounds like I should use a good corpus build? And yeah, I'd love to have the despair! >.<

me personally, suggest staying just out of melee range and keep moving, rolling or sliding side to side, as stated above watch out for his absorb, I also try and get in a nice open area when I know he is coming so I dont lose sight of him! 

Oh yes, stand on a crate and be immune to dash...

Oh wait.

He has a bow, so can shoot you.

He also has PULL, like mag, so can just yank you off and then play golf with your body using his scythe.

I do believe he also has a teleport. Just saying.

Stay MOBILE.

Edit, Wiki currently lists his abilities as follows:

Slashdash

Teleport

Shuriken

Absorb

Dispel

so he can pin you to the wall with shuriken, or teleport to you and then 'slice n dice'.

Edited by NyghttheClassy