Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancients - From The Scariest To The Weakest

Fomiru

So I'm not really sure when this was implemented, i think after U11.  After Toxic Ancients used to die, they would leave behind a poison cloud, and if you stood in it, you took poison damage.

This is now absent.  Back when I started playing, seeing a Toxic Ancient was a frightening thing.  "Oh gosh, not the ones that shoot freaking poison everywhere".  Because it slowly drained health, and it killed a lot of players who only used shield mods and not health mods.  Attacking a toxic ancient at melee range was practically suicide at higher levels.

Then... They removed it.  One of the biggest threats in the infestation now toast, infact seeing a toxic ancient these days, i'm not even sure what they do.  Disruptors and Healers are still working as intended, but Toxic's are just heavier units that deal more damage, no unique mechanics, and that really isn't very exciting.

I propose that they bring this back, because it was really cool and it added an element of desperation if you killed one in an area you had to move through.  Sure it was more of a hindering mechanic that had negative effects on the player, but at the same time it was completely avoidable.

Just my thoughts.

the main point is to avoid hugging or getting close to toxic ancients and normally in high lvls even rhino's iron skin won't last long so pretty much they did the right thing to put their toxics on the right place ( well either way, you will end up hugging him once he comes running at ya ).

I do remember one of the problems being that if they died on the pod it was game over, i think you can make enemies completely resist damage types with the damage model, so making the cryopod have a unique value in that regard would be a good idea.

What? They ARE the scariest enemy in infested faction. It's bad enough that they can kill players/sentinels just by touching them in addition to being able to inflict toxic status. Leaving a poison cloud after death would be an overkill and an annoyance.

Those of us who have been here longer (no offense) are quite familiar with leftover toxic clouds. The recent removal kind of removed some of their challenge for some of us.

Or maybe it's just me.

Those of us who have been here longer (no offense) are quite familiar with leftover toxic clouds. The recent removal kind of removed some of their challenge for some of us.

Or maybe it's just me.

i would agree, damage 2.0 broke most stun based enemies and the only ones fixed were rollers, go figure

same goes for runners and toxic crawlers, both of which were broken by damage 2.0, at least toxic crawlers should retain the death poison cloud, and runners need thier explosion stun returned

the infested need some sort of change because the only unit even close to sometimes being a threat is disruptors, and that is only in very rare cases. infested were always gun fodder but at least you had to pick your targets wisely, now its just "shoot closest"

Um...  -1

Higher-level toxic ancients will easily one-shot you with their poison clouds if you even think about getting a little bit close to them.  They're plenty dangerous if you don't have the right tactics.  Before, they were just OP.