The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

We don't really need Typhus... if we could have some sort of armor skin for Rhino, like the proto armor is to Excal, and maybe also alternative helmet.

I don't think it's your place to call "We don't need Typhus" if you don't like it then use "I don't" instead. You don't speak for everyone. Also if you think we need more skins for different Warframes why don't you make a post or look for a post similar about that idea instead of not pitching it on other people's forum posts, it would be less rude if you do that.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Uhhhhh, no. Not even close. The two have nothing in common, with two completely different power sets and themes. Proto-Excal still has normal Excal's aesthetics, Typhus and Rhino look nothing alike.

You confuse me. What on earth do you mean?

Because some people like to find silly reasons on why Typhus should not be in the game.

Edited by RedSkittlez

We don't really need Typhus... if we could have some sort of armor skin for Rhino, like the proto armor is to Excal, and maybe also alternative helmet.

Typhus is totally different from rhino. Rhino is old news. Don't be rude and say "this doesn't belong or we don't need this frame. Would you like it if your idea is looked down upon? You're free to show your opinion but if it's not constructive with no reasoning, best keep your opinion to yourself.

Edited by Yungviet32

I don't think it's your place to call "We don't need Typhus" if you don't like it then use "I don't" instead. You don't speak for everyone. Also if you think we need more skins for different Warframes why don't you make a post or look for a post similar about that idea instead of not pitching it on other people's forum posts, it would be less rude if you do that.

Yeah, I guess I could have written it better. As much as I am excited about your idea, it not gonna happen as DE has already shot it down. And a skin may never be possible either because I can see now that won't do any justice to your idea. Sorry. I was in my own overexcited world for a solution.

I think it is either real sad or real funny how people somehow manage to miss the size of the thread and the workload represented by the many artpieces here, and serious thought put into not only the Lore, but powers and the reasons for those powers to exist.

Wow that was a long sentance.

Yeah, I guess I could have written it better. As much as I am excited about your idea, it not gonna happen as DE has already shot it down. And a skin may never be possible either because I can see now that won't do any justice to your idea. Sorry. I was in my own overexcited world for a solution.

So you are in fact trying to help?

Then please share this information that Typhus has been "shot down".

Where did you hear or see that?

wait when did DE shoot down typhus? Source or it didn't happen. Edited by Senketsu_

as a creator should you ignore this type of verbal scuffles. dont wind up him

Not trying to wind him up, just trying to get confirmations. If at any point DE stated that typhus will not be put into the game, I would at least like to know. Otherwise I have to note this as their opinion.

As a statement in general, I take offense to when people state their opinion as the entire community. You are entitled to state your own personal opinion and I will respect that, however when you "speak for the community" you take on a weight that maybe you didn't expect. I rather that people only speak for themselves on it. It's incredibly rude to shove your opinion into everyone else's faces. On top of that, fabricating lies to justify your opinion is disgusting and should be discouraged. So please, for the sake of this thread, do not "speak" for the community. Please don't say "we" don't want this! or "we" don't like that! You don't like it. Speak for yourself.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Really? Because DE has done the exact opposite. They have featured Typhus three times on livestreams and each time they have been very enthusiastic about him and said how well done he was and how much they like him. They have also acknowledged him as a fan favorite frame. There has never been a time where they outright shot him down or said that he didn't fit into their vision of Warframe.

Really? Because DE has done the exact opposite. They have featured Typhus three times on livestreams and each time they have been very enthusiastic about him and said how well done he was and how much they like him. They have also acknowledged him as a fan favorite frame. There has never been a time where they outright shot him down or said that he didn't fit into their vision of Warframe.

Perhaps, but then the biological manner of the frame most certainly doesn't fit, we "occupy" frames and this one went on the assumption (or so it seemed to me at least) we had some kind of cryobank and we assumed control of unique tenno... This doesn't technically discount this concept, but how do you go about trying fix that lore wise for this frame?

I certainly like it but based on what we know right now it doesn't quite fit, I feel it needs to make sense... Or as much sense as you can get for a game about super space ninjas of awesome anyway.

Edited by Exanthous

Perhaps, but then the biological manner of the frame most certainly doesn't fit, we "occupy" frames and this one went on the assumption (or so it seemed to me at least) we had some kind of cryobank and we assumed control of unique tenno... This doesn't technically discount this concept, but how do you go about trying fix that lore wise for this frame?

I certainly like it but based on what we know right now it doesn't quite fit, I feel it needs to make sense... Or as much sense as you can get for a game about super space ninjas of awesome anyway.

Let me give it a shot.

Typhus is a warframe. Tenno pilot the warframes, and learn to master their powers.

Typhus is special in the sense that infused into the warframe is a mutalisk parasite. The parasite establishes a Bond with the Tenno as it pilots it.

It grants the wearer the ability to steal from the enemy, but at the price of weakening the Tenno, I assume the parasite steals life from the pilot, like a true symbiot.

Nothing really that strange is going on. The original Typhus is the Origin story, just like all frames once had a original wearer.

Fair enough?

Let me give it a shot.

Typhus is a warframe. Tenno pilot the warframes, and learn to master their powers.

Typhus is special in the sense that infused into the warframe is a mutalisk parasite. The parasite establishes a Bond with the Tenno as it pilots it.

It grants the wearer the ability to steal from the enemy, but at the price of weakening the Tenno, I assume the parasite steals life from the pilot, like a true symbiot.

Nothing really that strange is going on. The original Typhus is the Origin story, just like all frames once had a original wearer.

Fair enough?

FINALLY

DE changed Zephyr's GENDER, thats right GENDER. I highly doubt they would have a problem changing Typhus's lore IF they didn't already like what is written. Also, I highly doubt DE would have a problem with Typhus's lore anyway.

Typhus is totally different from rhino. Rhino is old news. Don't be rude and say "this doesn't belong or we don't need this frame. Would you like it if your idea is looked down upon? You're free to show your opinion but if it's not constructive with no reasoning, best keep your opinion to yourself.

"Rino is old news."

Q_Q HOW DARE YOU SIR!