The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Perhaps, but then the biological manner of the frame most certainly doesn't fit, we "occupy" frames and this one went on the assumption (or so it seemed to me at least) we had some kind of cryobank and we assumed control of unique tenno... This doesn't technically discount this concept, but how do you go about trying fix that lore wise for this frame?

I certainly like it but based on what we know right now it doesn't quite fit, I feel it needs to make sense... Or as much sense as you can get for a game about super space ninjas of awesome anyway.

Damn you and your lore! We have freaking magic space ninjas that can be "male" or "female" depending on what frame they choose.

If you have not read the backstory of what typhus was then you are missing out. READ AND BE ENLIGHTENED.

Let me give it a shot.

Typhus is a warframe. Tenno pilot the warframes, and learn to master their powers.

Typhus is special in the sense that infused into the warframe is a mutalisk parasite. The parasite establishes a Bond with the Tenno as it pilots it.

It grants the wearer the ability to steal from the enemy, but at the price of weakening the Tenno, I assume the parasite steals life from the pilot, like a true symbiot.

Nothing really that strange is going on. The original Typhus is the Origin story, just like all frames once had a original wearer.

Fair enough?

Exactly!

I say sauce for sure.

The question is how much they will change it, a concept is just that, a base made for reference and main features.

Look at Mesa and Limbo, pretty defined geometry and parts. I am simply trying to create in 3D what Redskittlez dreamt up.

I'm very sure it will be very different, maby in a colorpalette that will shock us. Maby make him more high tech. Maby more infested looking. Maby going full on traditional Samurai.

All I know is I will complete him, then see what we got.

I just hope that it don't end up like Zephyr, between the original version and the ingame one there's a world of difference

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o1_1280.png

250px-ZephyrNewLook.png

I just hope that it don't end up like Zephyr, between the original version and the ingame one there's a world of difference

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o1_1280.png

250px-ZephyrNewLook.png

Aww, I like the newer Zephyr look! I think DE's rendition is awesome. But I feel like part of the issue with DE creating Typhus is just...he's TOO awesome. The popular frame choices are a little lopsided as it is, with Typhus it'd be pretty much all Typhus, he's unrealistically powerful-looking where there's always a kind of balance to the aesthetic of the frames, most if not all looking interesting and incredibly capable but not over-the-top. Typhus is just too much, he looks far too strong for the inherent aesthetic balance, and his powers also would reflect this. He'd more likely be a boss. But if he did become a playable frame, his look would be toned down by a lot.

Aww, I like the newer Zephyr look! I think DE's rendition is awesome. But I feel like part of the issue with DE creating Typhus is just...he's TOO awesome. The popular frame choices are a little lopsided as it is, with Typhus it'd be pretty much all Typhus, he's unrealistically powerful-looking where there's always a kind of balance to the aesthetic of the frames, most if not all looking interesting and incredibly capable but not over-the-top. Typhus is just too much, he looks far too strong for the inherent aesthetic balance, and his powers also would reflect this. He'd more likely be a boss. But if he did become a playable frame, his look would be toned down by a lot.

I understand, it just pains me everytime i see an awesome concept in the forums because i know that they won't make it into the game like they are.

the thing is. Mynki decides it all. the concept artists, at least Roger, dont like to take from player concepts all too well because there wouldnt be much originality and creativity coming out on their end. also they prefer to keep the warframes elegant yet alien to an extent. they like it to mirror the aesthetic appeal of the Orokin culture. it was a golden age, a technological renaissance, imlemented into the function and aesthetic of the warframes. though im not too positive about Mesa.......

the diversity shows how broad their culture was. now on the developmental side, Mynki likes it this way; an elegance that's rather alien compared to reality. each frame has a bit of this, the newer ones may be a bit too familiar, but they still have a sort of alien elegance. with this in mind, there were two reasons why they changed the look of Zephyr entirely, 1) the original concept didnt strike them as elegantly alien, 2) the designers(confirmed by Roger) prefer to keep to their own concepts, which is what they're paid for.

as far as i can tell, the abilities that the frames possess dont factor into how they are designed physically. they loved Zephyr enough to apply her abilities into the game. they lightly based the appearance on the original concept, but they carried on in the opposite direction. who knows how they'll consider Typhus. he is an armorclad frame unlike all others. the nature of his physiology is unlike any other frame as well. the frame itself is either a whole organism or an organized cluster of parasitic organisms. this idea is something never seen before, as well of the fact that his abilities are actually relative to the biology of the frame itself.

given how they prioritized releasing Zephyr into the game, we know that the abilities are the main selling point and that the appearance is lightly relevant. therefore, despite the fact that Typhus's samurai look fits, it wont completely factor into the final appearance that they'd go with. again two factors: alien elegance and originality. Mynki would probably tell the concept artists to come up with something lightly samurai but more akin to the nature of the frame. or not. it really depends on how they feel about the frame. if they do chose to drastically alter the appearance, which is likely, i at least hope that they maintain the idea of samurai in Typhus.

however given the release of Mesa, im doubt they even have to change a thing, because out of all the warframes, Mesa is the least warframe-like. so on that note, the chances of Typhus maintaining his appearance are higher.

Well, Deathshatter, I think you are right about the process mostly. I do however think sometimes they just sit in brainstorm and say,

"Hey guys, you know I really think a water frame would be cool. Like from the Deep sea. You know, like Jones in Pirates of the Carabean."

And just like that they made a big hulking frame complete with parrot and tentacles.

If they do Typhus Im pretty sure they will keep the samurai siluette, references and maby add a sentinel and sigill for good measure.

But they will focus on some part of the theme and make it their own. I think they care most about the conceptual powers than look, since balancing those are what the game is all about.

However. With the changed Alad and the mutalist storyline with it capable of using orokin technology, they just raised the bar for what is now possible.

If Typhus kept most of the look, he would still fit in just fine, especially when the magic of shading and animation stances come alive.

I am very exited to see what they do with Typhus, if that is indeed in the plans.

Well, Deathshatter, I think you are right about the process mostly. I do however think sometimes they just sit in brainstorm and say,

"Hey guys, you know I really think a water frame would be cool. Like from the Deep sea. You know, like Jones in Pirates of the Carabean."

And just like that they made a big hulking frame complete with parrot and tentacles.

If they do Typhus Im pretty sure they will keep the samurai siluette, references and maby add a sentinel and sigill for good measure.

But they will focus on some part of the theme and make it their own. I think they care most about the conceptual powers than look, since balancing those are what the game is all about.

However. With the changed Alad and the mutalist storyline with it capable of using orokin technology, they just raised the bar for what is now possible.

If Typhus kept most of the look, he would still fit in just fine, especially when the magic of shading and animation stances come alive.

I am very exited to see what they do with Typhus, if that is indeed in the plans.

*excited 

Sorry, that was just buggin' the crap outta me XD

warframe____wip_by_redskittlez_da-d7hzd3

Song:

A new weapon concept design, it's still a work in progress. But hey, if it gets in every Warframe can be like a Guyver.

I like. Would certainly have an interesting stance and play style from what I can say from this design. Any thoughts on move set yet?

I'm basing it off on 'Kali empty hand' fighting style:

Looks absolutely vicious. A good thing these guys know how to miss.

Very interesting, Im sure the animators would LOVE this style.

However, is the weapon an integrated part of the arm like Mesas pistols?

the moving parts remind me of a gundam/flying jet ...

and why i'm not surprised that the new syndada is clipping with the frame moving parts ...

I can't descide if it's gundam or a flying bug.

The bug feel havent been a thing since the first Gen frames, so maby that was intentional.

Looks absolutely vicious. A good thing these guys know how to miss.

Very interesting, Im sure the animators would LOVE this style.

However, is the weapon an integrated part of the arm like Mesas pistols?

no it looks like its an attachment on the arms like the venkas