Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

This is AMAZING, i Really hope DE uses this.

The only problem I would see happening is lore. This would mean that Tenno were humans. 

How so?

It's unlikely that parasitical lifeforms would be unique to life on Earth: As evolution has already proved, parasiticism is an extraordinarily efficient way of survivng. Not only can parasiticism mean that anywhere one lifeform exists, the other (parasite) is likely to do so as well, but parasitical relationships can also be mutual, meaning both species gain increased odds of survival from the relationship. So even if we assume that neither the Orokin nor the Tenno were of human descent, we can assume they were familiar with the notion of parasitical properties, at the least.

This would mean that the "inspiration" and execution of the Typhus strain could be carried out, regardless of who the Tenno actually are - and who the Orokin were.

If Tenno are human, it is merely a case of a new way for the Technocyte strain and the wearer to interact. I.e., more intrusive than previous strains, but not lethal or uncontrollable.

If Tenno aren't humans, the same reasoning could very well apply, since, as mentioned above, the notion of parasitical properties aren't unique, and thusly the strain itself was manufactured with those specific properties in mind, regardless of who the wearer actually is genetically.

If Tenno are the warframes - which is least likely, in my opinion - the same still applies.

In other words; it's not the wearer who determines the properties of the frame, it was the development of the frame that determined the abilities granted to the wearer.

All in all, the lack of lore is a double-edged sword.

With insufficient explanation of the who, what, where and how, the sky is essentially the limit - in regards to what manner of warframes have been developed. It does, of course, also mean that explaining it can get messy, when you try to incorporate the various warframe concepts into one mode of thought - but it can be done, and the resulting explanation also allows room for warframes such as Typhus.

But in all honesty, I have trouble seeing the lore-wise issues with Typhus people sometimes mention - with or without an all-encompassing explanation. :)

Edited by Santiak

This is AMAZING, i Really hope DE uses this.

The only problem I would see happening is lore. This would mean that Tenno were humans. 

As for tenno being humans we can kind of say they are. Orokin sending children into the void and them coming back with powers. And remember Orokin could very easily be advanced humans. But this isn't a lore thread so I'll stop here.

Still love the design Red and you never cease to amaze with the detail you put into this guy.

if warframe is cannon to Dark Sector, whitch we all can agree it is, Of course the Tenno are humans they have Human anatemy(sorry for spelling), Lol off topic but I wanted to through this out there, I think the word Orokin means, Original Kin(offspring)

This would mean that Tenno were humans. 

The game ties in with Dark Sector lore and the Tenno were humans yes. Though the official lore does not directly say it, when you piece together codex entries and other things, yes you can deduce that the Tenno were humans. The problem is the Tenno are already infected (with a technocyte strain). But it is possible to have two infections at the same time, but both to this extreme, and that is where I am uncertain.

Edited by Drunken_Child

It's an insect, ORIGINAL.

It haves his own concept and theme, ORIGINAL.

It doesn't evolve element powers, THANK GOD.

Is armor looks to much medieval, CHANGE IT A LITTLE.

Very good work here.

Thank you very much, but I'm not changing the armor.  It's based off of Samurai armor.  Here's the concept I used http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/160/d/2/samurai_armor_by_zbrush_hero-d5zhcmm.jpg

Looks like you read my leach warframe idea but still +10 you've made this into much more then I could ever have

With all due respect, first off, the two concepts, while more similar than most other comparisons, differ at the inspirational level; where Typhus stems from the parasitical/viral/insectoid aspects, yours seem to stem from the Leech, which would be two very different concepts visually, I feel.

Secondly - again, with all due respect, because I'm quite sure neither of you plagiarized the other - a quick look at the dates for each post, reveals that it is even less likely that either of you had shaped your ideas based on the others concept:

TYPHUS is a parasite/viral Warframe Concept. The Information is listed in a spoiler in the OP.

versus

leach is a infected battle mage

And keep in mind that this is the second iteration of the OPs concept, the previous version being called "Locust", which is even older than this thread. :)

Hope I'm not coming off as berating. Just trying to avoid the OP burning out even more, and prevent him having to deal with the constant stream of comparisons made by people who didn't bother to do anything but look at the pretty (granted, very pretty) pictures in the OP. Who knows, if people keep making unwarranted comparisons, OP might just burn out entirely and scrap the idea, and that'd mean never seeing the concept in-game.

Edited by Santiak

Excluding the sheer amount of awesome sauce you poured into this frame, ill look at it in a balance (fighting style) side.

From reading the powers this is a frame that primarily focuses on health manipulation, While this frame busts out some pretty high damaging (assumption) moves it is held back by it's sacrifices to its own health which i say is a perfect balance to keep this frame within a (hopefully) implemented concept.

Since this warframe is focused on sacrificing to get anything in return i think that if this would ever be implemented, to build it would act the same way as akimbo weapon blueprints where you sacrifice something to get something better.

Ergo, in order to use this warframe, you need to sacrifice another warframe (with the tenno) in order to craft it, as it seems the warframe and tenno are just one entity. 

It would make sense seeing that you need to give up void keys in order to go to infested derelicts.

All in all i love it!

And if you don't get your warframe in at least they will implement your weapon for that contest you did :D