Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I do understand it is a bit like the rhino ult but thats not the only AoE ult, for example embers world on fire, wait no thats a horrid comparison, ah I know reckoning, it would seem a bit more like reckoning, reckoning essentially is the same as the rhino stomp only more initial damage done, the enemy disabled for a shorter time, and the additional chance of getting health out of it, a buffed cataclysm would be more akin to that, and would go along with the idea of a parasite frame as this is, it also plays along with making typhus the ideal solo frame that myself and I am sure a handful of others got looking at his abilities. However even if the 4th ability is changed it might be better if isn't the proposed new idea as that is pretty much a different take on boiling blood just different process of doing it, would rather see an ability like another frames (because those happen all the time snowglobe-worldonfire hallowed ground-fireblast stomp-reckoning etc.) than seeing to abilities that are virtually the same in one frame.

Eh'... that's true enough I suppose... But like the OP says; this is still a work in progress.

Right now it seems Red is taking a wee break for a little bit, but when we get back into working on the Typhus concept I'll bring up your concerns. To be honest, I prefer Cataclysm myself... Maybe we can work in some kind of hybrid power that combines elements from both powers.

Now that I think on it though, Typhus doesn't have much in the way of an area denial power, a la' Ember or Oberon. But I kinda like it like that, it emphasizes Typhus as a more aggressive 'Frame.

Just a thought but if you want something that suits Typhus as I've seen him while keeping elements of both cataclysm and the new ult why not do like Teqnologyque said and make a hybrid.

Example:
Typhus creates a katana of void energy and stabs himself. This would comprise the casting time for the ability while his health was drained. He then plunges the katana into the ground or something similar. This makes a "pool" of biological material form around him that heals allies over time. He then retracts the katana with a slash that sends out a more precise version of the current cataclysm in the direction the player is aiming. Each enemy killed by this gives him a small portion of his health back dependent of power strength.

It is possible to hybridize these two power concepts but I guess we'll have to wait for Red to return. He knows the frame best after all.

Eh'... that's true enough I suppose... But like the OP says; this is still a work in progress.

Right now it seems Red is taking a wee break for a little bit, but when we get back into working on the Typhus concept I'll bring up your concerns. To be honest, I prefer Cataclysm myself... Maybe we can work in some kind of hybrid power that combines elements from both powers.

Now that I think on it though, Typhus doesn't have much in the way of an area denial power, a la' Ember or Oberon. But I kinda like it like that, it emphasizes Typhus as a more aggressive 'Frame.

All I know is with typhus is I hope he ends up in the game and he may be the only frame I purchase with plat, and I will spam the hell out of devour and cataclysm as both would fit how I play, oberon being my prime I mostly use reckoning and renewal, reckoning because it quickly dispatches large groups of enemies which is great if argo gets a bit much, and renewal to give myself a quick bit of health when I need it, I can see myself doing the same with typhus only devour is my healing and cataclysm is my crowd control. But I still see typhus as the ideal solo frame as he dishes out monumental damage with his abilities and is able to heal himself with the first alone. But all in all hope he is included in the game and hope DE learned from some of the back lash about the changes to the zephyr design (honestly both the original fn concept and the game one look fantastic but still there was that back lash and people were wanting that look specifically, and I cant imagine typhus looking any different than this would loose so much appeal really)

edit:

I agree about typhus being an aggressive frame, after all it fits the parasite idea, some parasites do cause their hosts to become more aggressive when it comes to hunting prey, and I see the frame itself doing that to the tenno as it feeds off not only the tenno but the enemies they encounter, so yeah with that in mind it makes sense that all of typhus' abilities are very aggresive and offense also that his one healing ability only heals himself, it would make no sense if he could benefit others like that.

Edited by Melos-mevim

The things to do list:

2) Look back on abilities and maybe change number 4 to make it "less simple".

Note: If people like this ability enough I'll keep it. If I do change it, perhaps something like Typhus forms a Katana of void energy and plunges it into his chest, causing energy blades to embed into surrounding enemies and pump them full of Viral damage at the cost of some of Typhus' health or something like this↓

Kakumeiki-Valvrave-Harakiri.pngtumblr_mnn37fJI4N1r6syygo1_500.gif

Want, do want, please, do this, I want massive energy sword please.

Okay, this concept is badass. I want to see him in game now, but I also have a question for RedSkittlez. About what would you say the base stats for Typhus are? Personally, I guess about 125 health and shields, 80 armor, and 100 energy when unranked based on what's currently shown for the concept thus far. And about how fast do you think Typhus would be?

5) Slightly change up the armour, and bring back a few old concepts for helmets.

Samurai Typhus

warframe___samurai_typhus_by_redskittlez

Typhus' theme song.

ya know I had a Warframe concept that was inspired from the elegance of a Japanese style dancer. A frame that kind of fit in the lines of Ash in the ways of a stealthy assassin. but a different kind of assassin one that used charm and hiding in plain sight to get to her target and kill, instead of the traditional "Shadow" stealth, but more of useing orokin tech to "blend" in with the crowd. and I think that she could fit with Typhus's cosmetic samurai style.

bro and sis maybe? :3

Edited by Senketsu_

ya know I had a Warframe concept that was inspired from the elegance of a Japanese style dancer. A frame that kind of fit in the lines of Ash in the ways of a stealthy assassin. but a different kind of assassin one that used charm and hiding in plain sight to get to her target and kill, instead of the traditional "Shadow" stealth, but more of useing orokin tech to "blend" in with the crowd. and I think that she could fit with Typhus's cosmetic samurai style.

bro and sis maybe? :3

That, sounds cool. Would be interesting seeing a family style bond between a being like typhus and another tenno beyond the typical "brother/sister in battle" mentality. Also, concerning the helmet change I'll be honest; perhaps save that style of helm for typhus prime. It looks amazing but I feel that the current helmet style with the partially exposed skull fits him a bit more visually then the samurai helm but with the prime you could always make it like the helmet is a show of rank as a prime. *shrug* Just a thought.

Edited by Aden