Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

No, i believe the last WarFrame added was female, that means the next one will be male, i believe...

And that next frame would be the water/cthulhu/dagon/davy jones frame who is more than likely coming out tomorrow.. Thus, making the next frame a female, with the possibility of that being Typhus.

Awesome! Though reading the first few sentences, I thought this was going to be sort of some kind of zombie infection kind of thing but ah well. Have you guys also noticed that most of the warframes have almost nothing to do with been 'ninja'-y anymore?

This is so awesome!  I could like.. like..

*Licks*

*▽*

But... but the tentacles... and the space STD's! That would be much worse than the Phage!

WORTH.

We totally need female Typhus in a schoolgirl costume getting molested by tentacles now...

bunk-the-wire.gif

Edited by RedSkittlez

Has to admit, wasn't nessisarily sold on the idea of making it go full Samurai, but ya pulled it off rather well for both gender options.

Still kinda prefer the mandible look myself though but still, doesn't hurt to have several variations :p

Well... I didn't really change much. I just changed the helmet up a little bit, what with the removing the mandibles and adding the segmented neck-guard, and shortened the Tasset to make it more sensible for Parkour.

umm i like the samurai, but the the old typhus is better, i suggest you make a samurai skin/helmet, but dont let the samurai be the actual warframe in the game

I appreciate your concern, but I feel that as the original creator of the Typhus concept that I reserve the right to change or modify the design how I see fit.

Well... I didn't really change much. I just changed the helmet up a little bit, what with the removing the mandibles and adding the segmented neck-guard, and shortened the Tasset to make it more sensible for Parkour.

I appreciate your concern, but I feel that as the original creator of the Typhus concept that I reserve the right to change or modify the design how I see fit.

Didn't nessisarily say you didn't have the option.

Also didn't say it was a bad design either. Blame my head being into creepy crawlies a tad more then samurai more than anything, though either way it's less how it looks and more how it plays that I was always invested in ^^;

This is so awesome!  I could like.. like..

*Licks*

*▽*

But... but the tentacles... and the space STD's! That would be much worse than the Phage!

WORTH.

We totally need female Typhus in a schoolgirl costume getting molested by tentacles now...

well...

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

I do enjoy the samurai, look however I think it be better reserved for a different frame, that being said however, I do think all of those who are skeptic of the new typhus look should wait to see a more detailed image of the new look, it is little more than a sketch at the current moment and I do hope that it will be detailed and colored soon, at that point we can then decide to boo or cheer. I would think I would cheer as one of my favorite things about this frame is his proposed abilities, the 1st and the 4th being the ones I like in particular and would spam on solo runs.

Good luck with the design redskittlez lord of all oberons and founder of tenno spice co.

Samurai, hmm? I like it, suggestion is to use for Typhus Prime, or as a new frame.

Both looks are great, and we are one samurai short.

I allways say this, but can the two merge into one design?

Great art as allways. :)

I really like the new helmet designs with the 'samurai' stylings. The 'elder' & 'ganic (?)' are pretty unique & the leech one looks badass too.

If a helm showing the mandibles/without the samurai neck guards, like in the older art,was an option that would add more variety for other aesthetic tastes to, so I think that would be the coolest if it were an in game frame.

Neat that we will soon have that sheathed samurai sword look soon after the melee update too! :)

Edited by autarchist

I wish to make you all aware of the fact of how Typhus was created, I used several reference images from multiple media from different websites: http://pop-verse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/47ronin-samurai.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Samurai.jpg http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/193/4/6/Samurai_by_Akeiron.jpg

And if you view the timeline: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-samurai-31032014/?p=2318277

You can see how I changed and altered the design, slowly turning it into a full samurai combined with insect features.

Early on Typhus already had a samurai style helmet, then I changed it for a while to suit my tastes at the time, but now that I’ve revamped the design; I find I like the Samurai style helmet more. I find it funny how everyone only then considered him samurai while his whole armor was already based off of a samurai.

You may dislike it and you are entitled to your opinion however I wish to make you fully aware of what he always had been and what he has always been based off.

Also to those attempting to discredit it with comments like: "Samurai don't fit in this universe"

I wish to point out to you that this game often gets reference to as Space ninjas, even though it holds more warrior appearance like Warframes such as Rhino and Frost.

Next to that Ninjas are Japanese as were Samurai, I know this comparison was often made however it remains a fact to be aware of.

In ancient times the term Samurai means to serve, a very fitting term, given the position and situation the Tenno are in. In this universe, as they would serve to uphold the balance, the ninja's also serve for they view upholding the same idea of balance as their contractor (and possibly the lotus as their contractor for the Tenno). Let me be very clear, when I explain how the ninja are assassins rather than real heroes or up-keepers of some balance. Even more so in feudal Japan. Quite often samurai and ninjas would wind up working together, why? Because they served the same master in the end and depending on the era it was usually their shogun.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or angry at anyone, I'm just letting people know what Typhus is.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I wish to make you all aware of the fact of how Typhus was created, I used several reference images from multiple media from different websites: http://pop-verse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/47ronin-samurai.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Samurai.jpg http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/193/4/6/Samurai_by_Akeiron.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Samurai.jpg

And if you view the timeline: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-type-update-samurai-31032014/?p=2318277

You can see how I changed and altered the design, slowly turning it into a full samurai combined with insect features.

Early on Typhus already had a samurai style helmet, then I changed it for a while to suit my tastes at the time, but now that I’ve revamped the design; I find I like the Samurai style helmet more. I find it funny how everyone only then considered him samurai while his whole armor was already based off of a samurai.

You may dislike it and you are entitled to your opinion however I wish to make you fully aware of what he always had been and what he has always been based off.

Also to those attempting to discredit it with comments like: "Samurai don't fit in this universe"

I wish to point out to you that this game often gets reference to as Space ninjas, even though it holds more warrior appearance like Warframes such as Rhino and Frost.

Next to that Ninjas are Japanese as were Samurai, I know this comparison was often made however it remains a fact to be aware of.

In ancient times the term Samurai means to serve, a very fitting term, given the position and situation the Tenno are in. In this universe, as they would serve to uphold the balance, the ninja's also serve for they view upholding the same idea of balance as their contractor (and possibly the lotus as their contractor for the Tenno). Let me be very clear, when I explain how the ninja are assassins rather than real heroes or up-keepers of some balance. Even more so in feudal Japan. Quite often samurai and ninjas would wind up working together, why? Because they served the same master in the end and depending on the era it was usually their shogun.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or angry at anyone, I'm just letting people know what Typhus is.

well said sir. I love the Samurai style better.