Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

warframe____wip_by_redskittlez_da-d7hzd3

Here's some more WIP's of his Armour.

The armor, I love both. But I come to see that I love the second one even better. it has more of a ninja style. But then again, with the cloth, from what I can see in the current sketch, the torso kinda of fades away from parasitic/viral theme, and ends up being more of a samurai.. From looks I would go with the second one, and for theme I would go for the first one. Though It's just my opinion :)

Edited by Halphyos

This is very detailed stuff.  I really like the samurai aesthetic to it.  The drapery around the back may be an issue tech wise unless DE implements Apex cloth that they were talking about before.  We just haven't seen any syandanas that acts like a cape so far. 

I don't understand why people are trying to change your art style.  You should just keep doing what you do.  I see the same comments with Volkovyi's entry to the corpus enemy design.  People say it's so far removed from the corpus aesthetic, although with careful inspection it actually has components made up from existing moas.  The same thing's been happening with designs of Hydroid and Zephyr, people are quick to say that they are too busy design wise and contradicts the design aesthetics established by the earlier frames.  I don't look at it as inconsistency in design.  I just look at it for what it truly is, a different design.

Whats really interesting about the recent art, is the siluette is insectoid from afar, like a grashopper with antennas.

When zooming in the armour become clear and the samurai replaces the insect. I like it alot.

O.o DUDE THIS IS EPIC!!!!! I WOULD TOTALY BUY THIS WITH PLAT!!!!!! FORGET +1!!!! +10!!!!!!!! +100!!!!!!!! THEY COULD PUT THIS AS THE FRAME YOU GET FOR BEATING J3GOLEM 2.0!!!!!! PLS DE!!!! PLS PUT THIS IN!!!!!

Not sure if you're still taking power suggestions but why not.

Natural Selection

Typhus is a parasite and all parasites will adapt to more easily survive given their current environment. Food supply, in this case Typhus's enemies, is a key factor in determining this development. When active Typhus will adapt his warframe based on the qualities of the faction he has killed the most of that mission. When in these adapted forms he will do extra damage to the faction that influenced his adaptation and gain a massive stat increase, the greatest of which will depend on the faction influencing his new form. This ability can be toggled on and off.

Typhus is a parasite and they are known to adapt quickly to most environments. Just seemed to fit.

warframe___typhus_and_his_incubus_set___

Here is a front, side and back view of Typhus in his Repose armor alongside his Incubus Set that was inspired by Vlad the Impaler.

Now why call it the Incubus set not the Vlad set?

I am going with the meaning to "drain life" both Vampire and Incubi are well known for this.

Well, as some know of Vladimir inscribing himself in Latin documents as Wladislaus Dragwlya.
"Is a diminutive of the epithet Dracul carried by his father Vlad II, who in 1431 was inducted as a member of the Order of the Dragon, a chivalric order founded by Sigismund of Hungary in 1408. Dracul is the Romanian definite form, the -ul being the suffixal definite article (deriving from Latin ille). The noun drac "dragon" itself continues Latin draco."

Thus, Dracula literally means "Son of the Dragon" but in Modern Romanian, the word drac later adopted the meaning of "devil"
This has led to misinterpretations of Vlad's epithet as "son of the devil" later leading to his vampiric mythology.

Incubi are known for being demons that are like Dracula, they kill by draining the life of the victim. The word Incubus translates in Latin as "to lay with", and in olden times they were portrayed as partially reptile or dragon-like with males bearing reptilian horns, wings and tails.

*Edit: I'm not basing it off of a dragon, I'm basing it off of devils. Although I mention "dragon" in my post, it is not the source of inspiration for this version of Typhus. The reason I mentioned dragons is because it factors into Dracula's mythos and name, but Dracula's name also draws from the meaning of Devil. In this respect I'm considering it more as "Son of the Devil" rather than "Son of the Dragon".

Just because it has horns doesn't make it a dragon.

Edited by RedSkittlez

warframe___typhus_and_his_incubus_set___

I came across it while I was researching the incubus set for Typhus and his Incubus set.

Here is a front, side and back view of Typhus in his Repose armor alongside his Incubus Set that was inspired by vlad the Impaler.

Now why call it incubus?

I am going with the meaning to "drain life" both Vampire and Incubi are well known for this.

Well, as some know of Vladimir inscribing himself in Latin documents as Wladislaus Dragwlya.

Is a diminutive of the epithet Dracul carried by his father Vlad II, who in 1431 was inducted as a member of the Order of the Dragon, a chivalric order founded by Sigismund of Hungary in 1408. Dracul is the Romanian definite form, the -ul being the suffixal definite article (deriving from Latin ille). The noun drac "dragon" itself continues Latin draco.

Thus, Dracula literally means "Son of the Dragon" but in Modern Romanian, the word drac later adopted the meaning of "devil"

This has led to misinterpretations of Vlad's epithet as "son of the devil" later leading to his vampiric mythology.

Incubi are known for being demons that like the dracula, kill by draining the life of the victim.

The word Incubus translates in Latin as "to lay with" in olden times they were easily protrayed as partially Draconic or reptile-like yet Euphoric males bearing horns, wings and tail of a dragon.

While this is awesome, you may have just started a new flame war with the supporters of the Dragon warframe due to to the draconic features and such.

Edited by DrazeA

While this is awesome, you may have just started a new flame war with the supporters of the Dragon warframe due to to the draconic features and such.

Hold on here.

He seems more like a demon knight rather than a dragon 

Lets look at this Incubus for example below

20121230164444!Incubus_demon_by_shoker91

Edited by Vilanova

Although demons and dragons tend to have similarities in their imagery like horns, tails and wings, this design is based more on demonic imagery, such as incubi.

Just because it has horns doesn't make it a dragon. Like goats and bulls. Demons and devils' imagery were originally based off of goats.

In Typhus's case I'm drawing inspiration from the myth of Dracula (and the actual history of Vlad the Impaler); although the name Dracula carries connotations of dragons, this is where the relationship between Typhus and dragons ends.

Cool. I feel Typhus is becoming more solidified as a frame. I know this is a concept and a wip Red, and you might have tons of ideas, but to me this is beginning to really feel like it´s production ready now :).

Very cool.

As for the dragon vs demon theme, there really are so many ways both can look and be used that it matters very little when all is said and done.