The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One-Shot Stalker With Avalanche

Vargras

While it's nice that his damage potential has increased, the fact still remains that the main purpose people played him for is now decimated.

What if Trinity could stun the Stalker for 10 seconds with EV, but her Blessing didn't refill shields, didn't provide invulnerability, and only healed the team for 20%?  Just because she can easily handle the Stalker now doesn't mean she wouldn't be suffering from the nerf.

To my knowledge you arn't supposed to be able to hit stalker with abilities, with this in mind I would say no.

You can, actually, but he ignores any crowd control.

While it's nice that his damage potential has increased, the fact still remains that the main purpose people played him for is now decimated.

What if Trinity could stun the Stalker for 10 seconds with EV, but her Blessing didn't refill shields, didn't provide invulnerability, and only healed the team for 20%?  Just because she can easily handle the Stalker now doesn't mean she wouldn't be suffering from the nerf.

Drop Snowglobe on defense point. Run around, murder things, pick up energy orbs, run back and drop another globe, repeat. He's actually free to roam around now (because he HAS to), rather than being stuck babysitting the objective.

Edited by Vargras

I've never had any other ult one-shot him.

well if the below is true, then okay,but avalanche does the same damage as any other ult

1000 damage? 

To my knowledge you arn't supposed to be able to hit stalker with abilities, with this in mind I would say no.

frost is now anti stalker? wow

Drop Snowglobe on defense point. Run around, murder things, pick up energy orbs, run back and drop another globe, repeat. He's actually free to roam around now (because he HAS to), rather than being stuck babysitting the objective.

You aren't "free" to roam around.  You're forced.  Pre-U12:  Drop Globe, run around, murder things, pick up energy orbs, run back and drop another globe.

Post-U12:  Drop Globe, run aro-, run back, drop another globe since the first lasted 3 seconds instead of 30, run arou-, ****, drop anoth-, out of energy, no globe, no time, objective destroyed.

The point is that the ability no longer has any actual function in it's current form in most cases.  I know DE are thinking of ways to improve it, but in it's current state, is pointless.

still says 1000 on wiki which is pretty much average

The wiki is wrong about a great many things. It still isn't completely up-to-date.

You aren't "free" to roam around.  You're forced.  Pre-U12:  Drop Globe, run around, murder things, pick up energy orbs, run back and drop another globe.

Post-U12:  Drop Globe, run aro-, run back, drop another globe since the first lasted 3 seconds instead of 30, run arou-, ****, drop anoth-, out of energy, no globe, no time, objective destroyed.

The point is that the ability no longer has any actual function in it's current form in most cases.  I know DE are thinking of ways to improve it, but in it's current state, is pointless.

Despite your opinion on Snowglobe, you still can't deny that the changes have been for the better. Freeze, Ice Wave, and Avalanche are actually viable skills now, and Frost is no longer a one-trick pony confined to defense and mobile defense missions.

Oh cool, the ex-defensive frame can one-shot a miniboss.

Yeah, that doesn't make me cringe just typing that.  Not at all.

Underlined for pun.

Though Frost is tanky (just like Rhino), I'm fairly certain that Frost was meant to be the more caster-oriented tank of the two, whereas Rhino is the more physical one. The boost to his caster abilities was much needed.

He popped up, did a Slash Dash (which missed), then fell over dead. All from a single Avalanche, and with nothing boosting it except for a max rank Focus mod.

Man, Frost sure is terrible now, right?

Nope, is very stronger. Then, Frost need a new nerf?

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

Despite your opinion on Snowglobe, you still can't deny that the changes have been for the better. Freeze, Ice Wave, and Avalanche are actually viable skills now, and Frost is no longer a one-trick pony confined to defense and mobile defense missions.

I agree with that.  The faster animations and higher damage is definitely nice.  I'm loving all of the Frost changes, but without an effective Snowglobe, I'm going to have a hard time finding a reason to use him when I have several other damage-based frames that can handle the situation more effectively.

At least all of the other changes will make him more useful to fresher players that pick him up for the first time, and find him to be a decent damage dealer.

The wiki is wrong about a great many things. It still isn't completely up-to-date.

eh, snowglobe got up to dated so i assumed avalanche was

well its great frost has abuncha subpar tricks rather than 1 good trick...

i never found myself in a situation where that was ONLY 1 guy in front of me and i needed him temporarily incapacitated

ice wave i heard complaints about it being too narrow

avalanche is again imo subpar ult

its range is lower than that of other ults (15meters really?), but to my understanding it comes with abit of CC which still isnt very good compared to CC ults of OTHER frames

Frost is in that situation wher he is outdone by just about everyone, hes kinda like oberon now

eh, snowglobe got up to dated so i assumed avalanche was

well its great frost has abuncha subpar tricks rather than 1 good trick...

i never found myself in a situation where that was ONLY 1 guy in front of me and i needed him temporarily incapacitated

ice wave i heard complaints about it being too narrow

avalanche is again imo subpar ult

its range is lower than that of other ults (15meters really?), but to my understanding it comes with abit of CC which still isnt very good compared to CC ults of OTHER frames

Frost is in that situation wher he is outdone by just about everyone, hes kinda like oberon now