Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepy/horror Themed Planet And Missions

Instinction

"I'm getting strange interfer... I can't... it's heading... get out of there..." -Lotus

EMP (or other space magic) emitting miniboss for Infested. No powers, just guns. No gimmick powers for you or this enemy.

THANK YOU.

Someone who actually contributes instead of just shooting down an idea.

Why with the rest of you does it have to be" NOPE. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. IMPOSSIBLE. YOU'RE PLAYING THE WRONG GAME."

Seriously if it's that unrealistic, give your own interpretation of the topic that could be implemented then.

I'm trying to add to the game for it's betterment, not try and change it into a different one.

Frickin a', you would swear I was Hitler or something.

One idea you I would like to toss out could be that maybe you have it pop up as a very rare alert mission titled ????? and either have it contain one of 3 situation

1) you found what was apparently a abbandoned ship but in reality have it turn out to be a area where the stalker has laid a cunning trap and used an unkown device to nullify your warframes targeting capabilites and shields. Now you must flee from lets say a lvl 80 stalker who is hell bent of finally taking your head meanwhile the lotus is trying to get in contact with you and in the process restore your warframes shields and systems. during this time have the lotus's message will be staticy and unclear but as time goes on they get clearer till you get a message that all systems are restored and then you need to quickly shoot a computer or hack a terminal to make a door slam shut just to have the lotus say"get to extraction quickly that won't hold him back for long" then have a  3 minute timmer appear where you need to get to the extraction point before the stalker breaks through and comes after you.

2) have a situation where you land on a asteroid faciity that is a hidden corpus research lab and your then must free a group of captive tenno that have just been detected by the lotus. However; unkown to you and the lotus these tenno have been mutilated, brainwashed and experimented on by the corpus and must now be put to rest before they are released or turned into something far worse than Alad V's Zanuka project.

3)You discover that a beacon you were detecting belongs to a high ranking and influential grineer target that you must take out (randomly selected from the grinneer bosses), but not only that you must collect some valuable intell throughout the ship and rescure an important tenno spy that has been captures only to have him turn out to be a traitor you must take out then you have to sabatoge the ship while it is on high alert while fighting your way through an elite grineer force hellbent of taking you down.

i guess all 3 have a similar setup to them but im just thinking of some ideas here.

NOW as for something can work: (put my previous post up because I kept getting ninja'd)

Take that broken Lotus transmission, insert Stalker transmission (mentioning how this time he's serious), and combine with parts of Daskrieg's first idea. Instead of "dying" and disappearing like he normally does, this time Stalker simply respawns slightly ahead of you (to account for the player moving), and continues chasing you. This time, the timer is for the ship blowing up or something, there's no staying and fighting, it's time to get the hell out of there. Throw in a few obstacles, perhaps and fake out extraction (the pods won't work, or Stalker disables those pods), and you have some tension right there.

For style points, Stalker could even have various "badass" disappearing animations (involving smoke bombs of course). For this chase, Stalker could stick to his melee weapon instead of gunning down Tenno (which would just be random and unfair). As for his level, perhaps he could scale to the level of the player's gear? (to remain an actual threat, instead of the Tenno just casually jogging to extraction occasionally gunning down Stalker every few rooms)

EDIT: Or you could script in segments of the Stalker shooting from a good position (maybe with his old modified braton). If the players kill him there, he does his usual disappear thing and comes back later in the level

Edited by KaikelX

I agree that the Infested aren't very intimidating. I was more scared of Halo's Flood. Perhaps if they mutated like John Carpenter's The Thing and caused brutal damage like something out of Dead Space then that would raise the fear factor for sure. As they stand... too mild and somewhat cartoony. Sorry DE... that's just the way it is.

"I'm getting strange interfer... I can't... it's heading... get out of there..." -Lotus

EMP (or other space magic) emitting miniboss for Infested. No powers, just guns. No gimmick powers for you or this enemy.

Still dies in seconds from all the Somas and Pentas.

One idea you I would like to toss out could be that maybe you have it pop up as a very rare alert mission titled ????? and either have it contain one of 3 situation

1) you found what was apparently a abbandoned ship but in reality have it turn out to be a area where the stalker has laid a cunning trap and used an unkown device to nullify your warframes targeting capabilites and shields. Now you must flee from lets say a lvl 80 stalker who is hell bent of finally taking your head meanwhile the lotus is trying to get in contact with you and in the process restore your warframes shields and systems. during this time have the lotus's message will be staticy and unclear but as time goes on they get clearer till you get a message that all systems are restored and then you need to quickly shoot a computer or hack a terminal to make a door slam shut just to have the lotus say"get to extraction quickly that won't hold him back for long" then have a  3 minute timmer appear where you need to get to the extraction point before the stalker breaks through and comes after you.

2) have a situation where you land on a asteroid faciity that is a hidden corpus research lab and your then must free a group of captive tenno that have just been detected by the lotus. However; unkown to you and the lotus these tenno have been mutilated, brainwashed and experimented on by the corpus and must now be put to rest before they are released or turned into something far worse than Alad V's Zanuka project.

3)You discover that a beacon you were detecting belongs to a high ranking and influential grineer target that you must take out (randomly selected from the grinneer bosses), but not only that you must collect some valuable intell throughout the ship and rescure an important tenno spy that has been captures only to have him turn out to be a traitor you must take out then you have to sabatoge the ship while it is on high alert while fighting your way through an elite grineer force hellbent of taking you down.

i guess all 3 have a similar setup to them but im just thinking of some ideas here.

I love this.

The whole "???" Alert system would make it that much more enjoyable because you don't know what you might run into when you go into it, so there's really no way to prepare a loadout specifically for it because you have no idea what you might run into.

Plus all these scenarios sound so intense! Like that first one where you're really pushing yourself to survive and at any moment you could be killed, with your teammates unable to revive you as your squad is picked apart one by one.

Or the third scenario where that npc may or may not actually betray you and you have to be wary for any moment it might turn around and gank you.

Well thought ideas mate!

NOW as for something can work: (put my previous post up because I kept getting ninja'd)

Take that broken Lotus transmission, insert Stalker transmission (mentioning how this time he's serious), and combine with parts of Daskrieg's first idea. Instead of "dying" and disappearing like he normally does, this time Stalker simply respawns slightly ahead of you (to account for the player moving), and continues chasing you. This time, the timer is for the ship blowing up or something, there's no staying and fighting, it's time to get the hell out of there. Throw in a few obstacles, perhaps and fake out extraction (the pods won't work, or Stalker disables those pods), and you have some tension right there.

For style points, Stalker could even have various "badass" disappearing animations (involving smoke bombs of course). For this chase, Stalker could stick to his melee weapon instead of gunning down Tenno (which would just be random and unfair). As for his level, perhaps he could scale to the level of the player's gear? (to remain an actual threat, instead of the Tenno just casually jogging to extraction occasionally gunning down Stalker every few rooms)

I agree that the Infested aren't very intimidating. I was more scared of Halo's Flood. Perhaps if they mutated like John Carpenter's The Thing and caused brutal damage like something out of Dead Space then that would raise the fear factor for sure. As they stand... too mild and somewhat cartoony. Sorry DE... that's just the way it is.

YES, yes to all of this!!

These are the type of things I'm talking about that would be awesome!

This would add intensity to the game and that panicy feeling of, " I need to get the hell out of here asap or I am going to be left behind and die."

And then "Oh snap, these pods are disabled, WHEREDOWEGOWHEREDOWEGOWHEREDOWEGO?!?"

Maybe even disable waypoints to make it that much more confusing. Obviously not make it so big of a map to where the mission is impossible to finish, but add dead ends everywhere so you run down a corridor, "OH NO WRONG WAY, WE HAVE TO TURN BACK BUT NOW STALKER-ESQUE CREATURE HAS GAINED A LITTLE GROUND ON US AND WE MIGHT BE TOTALLY SCREWED."

This would be awesome!

This particular "alert" idea could also go very well with the upcoming "operations center" to the clan dojos.

Have missions which you can only enter through the dojo labeled "???" which would spawn one of these mission types, or something similar.

Hrm....That's an interesting counter point. What if there was another Alert mission which showcased how horrifying the Tenno are to normal combatants? It takes hordes of cloned supersoldiers/indoctrinated high-tech soldiers/killer experimental robots with magic powers to reliably stop us. Heck, they don't even stop us reliably.

Anyone got any ideas for missions that showcase just how terrifying we are to normal combatants?

Hrm....That's an interesting counter point. What if there was another Alert mission which showcased how horrifying the Tenno are to normal combatants? It takes hordes of cloned supersoldiers/indoctrinated high-tech soldiers/killer experimental robots with magic powers to reliably stop us. Heck, they don't even stop us reliably.

Anyone got any ideas for missions that showcase just how terrifying we are to normal combatants?

This could also be interesting, if you could design it to have that "creepy/instense" factor I am talking about.

We play as the Grineer.

Twin Queens: There's an insurgent force incoming. It's the Tenno.

We play as the Grineer.

Twin Queens: There's an insurgent force incoming. It's the Tenno.

That's leaving the original idea to a different idea. Which would be more like PvEP.

Like a defense mission with one side tenno. And the attacking faction has 4 other players randomly controlling grunts. When they die, they just get another random grunt. Like left for dead, randomly someone becomes the Tank aka Zanuka or similar and wrecks up the place.

That's leaving the original idea to a different idea. Which would be more like PvEP.

Like a defense mission with one side tenno. And the attacking faction has 4 other players randomly controlling grunts. When they die, they just get another random grunt. Like left for dead, randomly someone becomes the Tank aka Zanuka or similar and wrecks up the place.

One might respond that it would be massively unfair to the enemy faction players, but you could modify it with the following:

-Follows Conclave rating system, and uses it to determine enemy mob level. (No level 30 Nova nuking level 6 grineer)

-Persistent point system that stays after death, letting the player gradually take on stronger and stronger enemy mobs( working up to Napalms and such)

-Players are smart. Smart enough to focus fire on the objective....

Another idea that would be Mass Effect based would be having "corrupted Tenno."

Now before you scream "THAT'S THE STALKER!!" that's not what I mean.

In Mass Effect, there is a race called the Collectors, which is revealed to be a corrupted version of an ancient race called the Protheans.

In Warframe, we could have mobs of corrupted Tenno with similar weaponry or skills to our own, depending on the specific type of mob/corrupted Tenno. (i.e. leader, soldier, engineer, caster, etc.) that could be a rare spawn type that suddenly appears in some fashion reminiscent of the Stalker (in a poof of smoke, in a bolt on lightning/energy, in a swarm of nanospores, etc.) that we know immediately means to prepare the planet of Uranus for immediate invasion. This is slightly away from the creep factor, but could be totally creepy and intense if deployed in a cramped area of a space vessel that we Tenno just sabotaged and the countdown to explosion is underway and suddenly all the doors are sealed until said mob is defeated.

Or, during an assassination mission we think we have killed our target BUT suddenly a teammate takes a hit from behind that drains all of his shields and half his hp. What just happened?? THE REAL BOSS is invisible and is trying to assassinate US.

That would seriously be badass as hell.

Edited by Instinction

One might respond that it would be massively unfair to the enemy faction players, but you could modify it with the following:

-Follows Conclave rating system, and uses it to determine enemy mob level. (No level 30 Nova nuking level 6 grineer)

-Persistent point system that stays after death, letting the player gradually take on stronger and stronger enemy mobs( working up to Napalms and such)

My, oh my. We really are getting of topic, but good ideas are being spawned. haha.

My, oh my. We really are getting of topic, but good ideas are being spawned. haha.

stay-on-target.jpg

I feel that Dead Space creatures and Mass Effect 3 creatures aren't scary when you look at them. The Infested are just the same.

But there is one thing that seperates them.

Surprise.

Warframe Infested make too much sounds and don't surprise you, you kinda see them for at least 3 seconds before they reach you. And you usually one hit them.

Mass Effect has some surprises as they come out from all the weird places.

Now Dead Space, they have plenty of surprises. From below, from above, just about anywhere really. Dead Space usually involves tight spaces, which also makes it easier to surprise you.

I've once tried ODE solo with a Rank 15 Drakgoon and forced myself to not use any skills. It kinda made it scarier. Not Dead Space scary but it certainly gives more oomph to the current infested gameplay.

All in all, I feel that the Infested should involve more surprises, like popping around the corner, dropping down from the ceiling, smashing through a wall etc. Or they could ambush you. Like you see a lone Ancient walking around and suddenly bam Infested disco party.

I feel that Dead Space creatures and Mass Effect 3 creatures aren't scary when you look at them. The Infested are just the same.

But there is one thing that seperates them.

Surprise.

Warframe Infested make too much sounds and don't surprise you, you kinda see them for at least 3 seconds before they reach you. And you usually one hit them.

Mass Effect has some surprises as they come out from all the weird places.

Now Dead Space, they have plenty of surprises. From below, from above, just about anywhere really. Dead Space usually involves tight spaces, which also makes it easier to surprise you.

All in all, I feel that the Infested should involve more surprises, like popping around the corner, dropping down from the ceiling, smashing through a wall etc. Or they could ambush you. Like you see a lone Ancient walking around and suddenly bam Infested disco party.

Agreed. Infested should be much more unexpected. Also I think they should be more zombie-horde like in the sense that if you get trapped somehow or cornered, you are seriously effed, as you'd have this huge swarm surrounding you.