Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture Mod Bug?

Samael-RockFist

Are the puncture mods bugged?

I've picked up a shotgun and pistol puncture mod and it's base effect is 0.1 puncture.

Is it supposed to be that low? and if yes why is it that after i leveled it up to rank 2 the numbers didn't even move :(

Please help :)

Thanks for your attention :D

A bunch of people have stated that puncture doest seem to be very useful. It's not on the top of my wanted list either. I've eaten all mine for other mods. Someone suggested that the .1 is in meters, which isnt really far enough to do much of anything. even if it does level by .1 per level, thats just over half a meter. You'd have to max it in order to MAYBE see some use out of it. It's going to need some rework if they expect people to use it.

Puncture as it stands right now is just staggeringly bad. Right now, puncture mods get 0.1 every other level. I suspect it's actually 0.05 per level, and the game just rounds up. At that rate, it'd have a max of 0.35 meters. 0.35 meters is just over a foot, which means at best it's only ever good for killing Grineer shield dudes and stuff hiding behind thin cover. It's also a rare mod, meaning it's not cheap to level up, and it's got a base cost of 10 points (15 at max level), meaning it's not cheap to slot, either.

If DE gave them a bit of a buff (say, 0.5 per level, to a max of 3m), I think they'd be in a much better place, but right now I'd stay far, far away from puncture mods.

Edited by Helter

0.1 meter penetrates the shield Grineer's shield and Corpus headgear, as well as Corpus levels have a lotof thin cover. Puncture is helpful, but I wouldn't reccomend it for an unpotatoed weapon.

Edited by Orphy