Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Proc Is Pretty Useless Late Game

Aktriaz

At late game, Corrosive is used mainly against Infested Ancients, as it looses it's effectiveness against Grineer (Elite Lancers as primary enemies, with all the bosses also using Alloy armor), and Ancients have no armor to be proc'd, and all armored Corpus units have Proto-Shields (making Corrosive a bad choice), rendering the proc only effective against Grineer, without the damage type being very effective as well, being as most Grineer units use Alloy at late game. (And the proc would be pretty useful against those heavy units...)

My idea for a solution would be to either change what the proc does, or make Corrosive good against Alloy. (Not as good as Radiation, of course... just usable.)

Under that idea, of sub 30.. Why are you focusing on status which is not common when the target normally died in a second. The proc, iirc removed 5000 armor from the target, how is that not usable anyways? Infested and Grineer don't have shields, so should magnetic be reworked?

High wave farming.

Enemies 30+ minimum basically.

'High wave farming' Something that DE said they will not balance for?

Sorry, I was referring to when Normal Lancer stop spawning, and Elite Lancers take their place at level 15 (guess it would be mid-game then :P)

If you are playing grineer only missions "mid to late game" just switch to radiation, its way more effective then corrosive (damage wise). 

If you are playing grineer only missions "mid to late game" just switch to radiation, its way more effective then corrosive (damage wise). 

Exactly. And for Infested you use Corrosive for Ancients, right? The Corrosive proc reduces armor, therefore it SHOULD be effective versus armor rather than infested, who have no armor. This is not about me wanting to use Corrosive. You fail to see the point of this thread.

I'd argue it's not quite as useless as Magnetic's proc.

Magnetic's proc is good against shields and so is it's damage type, while this is not the case with Corrosive. I'm arguing the illogicality of the effectiveness of Corrosive's proc with it's popular usage. Against Infested...

Cept in the void. Its great there.

Touche.

Oh, I thought you were just arguing about the proc.  What's so lackluster about the damage type itself?  Seems to have huge bonuses to two relevant enemy types, and only suffers against shields.  What's wrong with that?

And does Magnetic's proc actually do anything?  For most enemies, they won't get a chance to restore their shields (Hek will, I guess, but only because of the ridiculous speed his shields regenerate), so they won't ever get a chance to experience the reduced maximum.  An immediate proc of magnetic damage might reduce a percentage of shields enough that it would be effective extra damage?  Maybe (can someone confirm this?)?  But otherwise it doesn't do much.

Even if Corrosive's proc is weak/not especially noticeable, at least it's something as opposed to effectively nothing.

Edit: Oh, apparently Magnetic procs reduce shields by a staggering 75%, which is admittedly a lot, but again, shields don't last long on anything except basically Anti-Moas (who have significantly more shields than actual health), so more often than not you won't see the proc doing anything at all.

Edited by Cursor

Oh, I thought you were just arguing about the proc.  What's so lackluster about the damage type itself?  Seems to have huge bonuses to two relevant enemy types, and only suffers against shields.  What's wrong with that?

it permanently removes 25% of the current armor(alloy and ferrite). u call that useless? holy...

I'm referring to it's proc in relation to it's damage's effectiveness. Proc reduces armor therefore, it should be effective against armor (like how magnetic is effective against all shields, like it's proc). And 25% does not make that much of a difference on a Heavy Unit. Go ahead, test your DPS on a Heavy Gunner, then a Napalm or Bombard with a Corrosive + proc build. 500 base Alloy armor says Radiation or gtfo.

I'm referring to it's proc in relation to it's damage's effectiveness. Proc reduces armor therefore, it should be effective against armor (like how magnetic is effective against all shields, like it's proc). And 25% does not make that much of a difference on a Heavy Unit. Go ahead, test your DPS on a Heavy Gunner, then a Napalm or Bombard with a Corrosive + proc build. 500 base Alloy armor says Radiation or gtfo.

so use radiation on alloy, what's the problem? corrossive is strong against heavy gunners(ferrite). if the effect proc a few times, it makes other damage type strong against heavily armored units.

Frankly I agree, corrosive should get some benefit to alloy beyond it's ability to strip away a chunk of it. I also feel like it's proc effect could be a little stronger, especially when compared with Viral and Magnetic (most enemies have more shield than health) which will take huge chunks out of enemies.

Frankly I agree, corrosive should get some benefit to alloy beyond it's ability to strip away a chunk of it. I also feel like it's proc effect could be a little stronger, especially when compared with Viral and Magnetic (most enemies have more shield than health) which will take huge chunks out of enemies.

You are actually the first person to see what I'm getting at. I agree completely.

Edited by Actriaz

So basically another I don't want to think thread. Just use a high puncture weapon and laugh about armor. Corrosion is always useful do to its effect, if you think reducing armor is not good enough I'm not sure what to tell you.

The reason it doesn't get a bonus to Alloy is because the devs decided they didn't want every weapon to be using corrosive all the time. So now just use Radiation if you plan on fighting grineer past level 50.

So basically another I don't want to think thread. Just use a high puncture weapon and laugh about armor. Corrosion is always useful do to its effect, if you think reducing armor is not good enough I'm not sure what to tell you.

The reason it doesn't get a bonus to Alloy is because the devs decided they didn't want every weapon to be using corrosive all the time. So now just use Radiation if you plan on fighting grineer past level 50.

I just think it should be effective against all armor, the same way Magnetic is effective against all shields. Corrosive was made to be good against armor so it's absurd that it no longer stays effective (and -25% armor proc doesn't make that much of a difference. Damage that should be +40k is still reduced to under 10k after proc on Krill) . Grineer need their resistances toned down anyway... especially now since they're practically the only race.

Edited by Actriaz

it permanently removes 25% of the current armor(alloy and ferrite). u call that useless? holy...

the proc is permanently useless for highwave.

need math?

lim f(dmg reduction(armor)) as dmg reduction -> infinity = 1  (dmg reduction =100%)

lim f(armor(lvl)) as armor -> ininity = infinity 

so if you reduce infinite armor  by 25% you still have infinite armor which equals a dmg reduction of 100% so jeah useless for high wave /long survival whatever.

just my 2 cents...

the proc is permanently useless for highwave.

need math?

lim f(dmg reduction(armor)) as dmg reduction -> infinity = 1  (dmg reduction =100%)

lim f(armor(lvl)) as armor -> ininity = infinity 

so if you reduce infinite armor  by 25% you still have infinite armor which equals a dmg reduction of 100% so jeah useless for high wave /long survival whatever.

just my 2 cents...

judging by this, u got A on Calculus 101? jk

there is level cap in warframe, so do u realize "highwave" doesnt mean infinity armor? therefore -25% means a lot(though i agree u need more than 1 corrosive proc for really high level enemies). i suppose u r from clan EGT, u guys should have a lot of experience on highwave stuff, so plz dont make nonsense.

there is the thing, the real reason corrosive proc being not so important in high level, is the aura called corrosive projection. the way it stacks, can remove all armor at any level. but even then corrosive damage gets bonus 75% damage to those "ferrite armor" units. still not too bad.

Edited by Eric1738

-snip-

that's boring math :-/

i did that and a lot of other math stuff a long time ago for our wave 89 fail grineer defense. :p it was proven that 100 waves against grineer are easy even without a single corrosive projection aura. but that s an old topic ...

done with formulas from a sheet from someone of the DE staff.

e.g.

a lvl 600 bombard has ~ 400k armor   = dmg reduction of 99,90%

lvl 600 bombard with 25%armor reduction has ~ 300k armor = dmg reduction of 99.87%

=> close enough to infinity

=> if you can kill enemies with an dmg reduction close to infinity you can kill everything(with armor)! So i couldn't care less about caps somewhere below my calculations :-)

Edit: corrected some errors

Edited by Fraank-EGT-

that's boring math :-/

i did that and a lot of other math stuff a long time ago for our wave 89 fail grineer defense. :p it was proven that 100 waves against grineer are easy even without a single corrosive projection aura. but that s an old topic ...

done with formulas from a sheet from someone of the DE staff.

e.g.

a lvl 600 bombard has ~ 400k armor   = dmg reduction of 99,90%

lvl 600 bombard with 25%armor reduction has ~ 300k armor = dmg reduction of 99.87%

=> close enough to infinity

=> if you can kill enemies with an dmg reduction close to infinity you can kill everything(with armor)! So i couldn't care less about caps somewhere below my calculations :-)

Edit: corrected some errors

long time ago things is not relevent anymore. i am interested in the formula, can u show me that? the old one is not correct anymore. i doubt in damage 2.0 enemy still has that high armor.

long time ago things is not relevent anymore. i am interested in the formula, can u show me that? the old one is not correct anymore. i doubt in damage 2.0 enemy still has that high armor.

i m sorry i wasnt accurate enough. with "long ago" i mean the dmg2.0 formula.when dmg2.0 was introduced.

CurrentArmro(lvl) = base armor +base armor*0.1*(lvl- baseLvl)^1.4 with lvl >= baselvl

and dmgReduction(CurrentArmor)=(currentArmor*0.0035)/(currentArmor*0.0035+1) 

(I dont have a link) :/

meh btw. i haven't done high wave/ +1.5h survival for 1.5 or 2 month because it's simply boring.That's  why i m helping new players at the moment, answer some forum topics and waiting for end game.