Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Background Story, Same Old Missions

yeomanry

Warframe is now labled as the new Co-Op Halo after the Halo series ended.

Tennos are nothing but mercenaries reworking their way on the Sol System by:

Sabotage Missions

Raid Missions

Rescue Missions

Capture Missions

Spy Missions

Assassination Missions

In just Three EXACT same Places, namely; The Grineer Stronghold, The Corpus Vessels and the Infected Ships.

Though the Tennos are the Futuristic Space Ninjas, they kept the Silence between Social Interaction.

Neigh, they just Crouch on the cryopods and await for Missions enlisted by their Respective Lotuses without any information about their History

Warframe needs to be improvised and reworked where Players Interact and show off their Skills through Training Sessions, PVP or an Open World (A respective Stronghold where Tennos should possibly meet)

*Not to be rude, but I grew tired doing the same Shhh*

Anyhow, congratulations to the Warframe Crew who succeeded launching the Open Beta.

We actually hope for a New Atmosphere!

Cheers!

Edited by yeomanry

Wha do you expect? Its out of CB for a week or so and you want the story? This is a beta. To test the game mechanics, find bugs, add new features. Not to give you the full story...

And everything else you mentioned is on the list^^

Beta isn't an excuse now. Open beta is made to make testing better AND to bring more players to the game. But if the game lacks backstory, people who want to find it will quit after a few hours of playing. Also it's very sad that PvP isn't planned... Without PvP there still not enough PvE content to play...

Edited by nano5hell

Am I the only one here who grew tired of running the exact same missions and the exact same hostiles? T.T

No offense, but it makes the game boring...

It seems you dont get that this is a beta. Something to kill bugs, test game mechanics and stuff. Not to tell the whole story -.-

More content will follow but you expect it to be here right now -.-

Whoa whoa WHOA!!! Stop right there, cowboy! Whoever said Warframe was "Co-Op Halo"??? We don't want none of that! Plus there's that new trilogy with Halo right? Halo can be the new Halo.

Beta isn't an excuse now. Open beta is made to make testing better AND to bring more players to the game. But if the game lacks backstory, people who want to find it will quit after a few hours of playing. Also it's very sad that PvP isn't planned... Without PvP there still not enough PvE content to play...

This game is aimed more at the older-school fps players I would imagine. Think Quake 3, Unreal Tournament and such. No linear story required, just a plausible and interesting setting, with light stories peppered throughout via flavor texts and enemy encounters.

But I do agree that more lore would be a huge draw for the game, and that's why they're coming out with a lot of lore and story in update 8! (or so they say)

Whoa whoa WHOA!!! Stop right there, cowboy! Whoever said Warframe was "Co-Op Halo"??? We don't want none of that! Plus there's that new trilogy with Halo right? Halo can be the new Halo.

This game is aimed more at the older-school fps players I would imagine. Think Quake 3, Unreal Tournament and such. No linear story required, just a plausible and interesting setting, with light stories peppered throughout via flavor texts and enemy encounters.

But I do agree that more lore would be a huge draw for the game, and that's why they're coming out with a lot of lore and story in update 8! (or so they say)

Wait where you here about that? I'm trying to keep up with what the devs are doing.

Anyway, I agree that there Isn't enough content in the game. I mean WHO wouldn't more content? Space ninjas? I think not!

Edited by adaroe

Wait where you here about that? I'm trying to keep up with what the devs are doing.

Anyway, I agree that there Isn't enough content in the game. I mean WHO wouldn't more content? Space ninjas? I think not!

More content? You got update 7 a week ago and still want more now? Are you serious -.-

Tennos are nothing but mercenaries reworking their way on the Sol System by:

Sabotage Missions

Raid Missions

Rescue Missions

Capture Missions

Spy Missions

Assassination Missions

In just Three EXACT same Places, namely; The Grineer Stronghold, The Corpus Vessels and the Infected Ships.

Though the Tennos are the Futuristic Space Ninjas, they kept the Silence between Social Interaction.

Neigh, they just Crouch on the cryopods and await for Missions enlisted by their Respective Lotuses without any information about their History

Warframe needs to be improvised and reworked where Players Interact and show off their Skills through Training Sessions, PVP or an Open World (A respective Stronghold where Tennos should possibly meet)

*Not to be rude, but I grew tired doing the same Shhh*

Anyhow, congratulations to the Warframe Crew who succeeded launching the Open Beta.

We actually hope for a New Atmosphere!

Cheers!

This is why i feel like the Open Beta came at the wrong time. Posts like these are pretty much useless right now. They need to hear about the bugs and problem they right now have, not posts like this.

No disrespect. But i just feel it needed more fixing before going open beta.

Yeah I think they talked about during the Q&A session before U7. It's on their youtube channel. They said they have a lot of lore and story to flesh out, but they won't make the cut/weren't intended for U7. So U8 would probably be the "lore patch" while U7 revamped the mod system.

Yeah I think they talked about during the Q&A session before U7. It's on their youtube channel. They said they have a lot of lore and story to flesh out, but they won't make the cut/weren't intended for U7. So U8 would probably be the "lore patch" while U7 revamped the mod system.

Steve already said that update 8 is going to be focused on expanding the clan systems primarily, with everything else behind it.

More content? You got update 7 a week ago and still want more now? Are you serious -.-

I'm sorry, but mechanics aren't content. And this game shouldin't have left closed beta without more of a fleshed out single player experience, tutorial, and this crazy U7 system tuned.

Not when they're open to selling plat.

I mean, call me crazy..but I think i'd like my game to be fleshed out and done, for the most part (you know, beta?) before I asked anyone to purchase it, or resources to use towards it.

And by done I mean feature complete.

And by beta I mean, break this feature complete game and help us dial in these values so we have a balanced experience before we open up the doors to paying customers.

Steve already said that update 8 is going to be focused on expanding the clan systems primarily, with everything else behind it.

Oh ic. Guess I was mistaken. Or confused.

Clan functions though... do people actually use those? I would think clans are just for doing runs and making friends/chatting. Maybe their vision (clan hq etc) is really something cool for clans.

I don't think PvP in warframe would be a good idea. The lore that we've been given wouldn't support it (The last of the tenno... fighting each other wait what?!?).

Not to mention the Warframe imbalance. E.g. Nyx mind controls you then shoots you to death..

I do agree though, the same old missions tend to get a bit tedious. Hopefully they make missions more team focused. Actually needing your group to accomplish the mission instead of the whole, run through level - kill anything in way.

I'm sorry, but mechanics aren't content. And this game shouldin't have left closed beta without more of a fleshed out single player experience, tutorial, and this crazy U7 system tuned.

So the new levels, warframes, enemies and weapons and sentinels arent content? *facepalm*

I do understand your point that this should not have gone out of CB but the devs arent the ones who make the decission in that case....

Edited by Venarge

So the new levels, warframes, enemies and weapons and sentinels arent content? *facepalm*

I do understand your point that this should not have gone out of CB but the devs arent the ones who make the decission in that case....

Thought most of that was previously implimented. So I stand corrected.

I'm hard on these guys, because of their lineage. I mean, S#&$ they worked on Unreal back in the day. Back before some of the people who are are playing this game were born, or had the dexerity to play a video game.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Roleplaying is the way to go!!! XD... Heh, just kiding, i just want to hear it coming from DE's mouth that they do plan to make an interactive story and world for us to play into them... Maybe something like Guild Wars, i dunno o.o'... Hell, maybe even a story like Old Republic had...

Edited by ReiganCross

If you want lore read a book.

Go to your local bookstore, and pick any random sci-fi book, It will have a MUCH better story than any video game.

If you get unlucky and pick a really crappy title, its theoretically possible that some Bioware games might have a better story. But aside from that, you'll be set.

I play games because I wanna have fun. I wanna blast aliens, explore and collect loot. I don't need a bunch of lore getting in my way.

If you want lore read a book.

Go to your local bookstore, and pick any random sci-fi book, It will have a MUCH better story than any video game.

If you get unlucky and pick a really crappy title, its theoretically possible that some Bioware games might have a better story. But aside from that, you'll be set.

I play games because I wanna have fun. I wanna blast aliens, explore and collect loot. I don't need a bunch of lore getting in my way.

There's no "getting in you way" with lore. It's not a single player game, so you won't have to deal with MGS-style 10-hour cutscenes. It'll just be ingame flavor texts and some missions that provide more background story... story you are free to ignore completely.

Let's not devolve into the "I don't care for it, so nobody else should care for it either" argument now.

I don't think PvP in warframe would be a good idea. The lore that we've been given wouldn't support it (The last of the tenno... fighting each other wait what?!?).

Not to mention the Warframe imbalance. E.g. Nyx mind controls you then shoots you to death..

I do agree though, the same old missions tend to get a bit tedious. Hopefully they make missions more team focused. Actually needing your group to accomplish the mission instead of the whole, run through level - kill anything in way.

Why wouldn't the tenno be training amongst themselves?

Sparring is a common form of training/practicing.

Abilities and mods, etc. Could all have specific versions for pvp.

There are plenty of ways they can and should do it. PVP doesn't have to mean taking your character and fighting other peoples characters. Maybe there are a set group of Warframes that you can choose from and set loadouts of equipment/mods.

The gameplay is strong enough that as long as they made some objective based gametypes for 2-8 people pvp could be a real blast.

Why wouldn't the tenno be training amongst themselves?

Sparring is a common form of training/practicing.

Abilities and mods, etc. Could all have specific versions for pvp.

There are plenty of ways they can and should do it. PVP doesn't have to mean taking your character and fighting other peoples characters. Maybe there are a set group of Warframes that you can choose from and set loadouts of equipment/mods.

The gameplay is strong enough that as long as they made some objective based gametypes for 2-8 people pvp could be a real blast.

I would actually like the training idea. Specific versions for pvp would be too much work to be true.

If they add clan stuff for update 8, I just hope they add a training pvp. This would give people something to do between new updates and most of these hilarious pvp threads would end.....

The clan thing I still will not understand why that is soo important in this game lol. Everybody is doing just fine in the game without it, so why you guys pushing it soo badly lol. Clans where made mostly for pvp typical games, where they would rage wars and see who the best of the best was. This game has nothing to do with that at all. And I think it was mentioned numerous amounts of times that the DE's and Warframe staff absolutely have no intentions on creating an open-enviroment pvp or pvp warzones impleminted into this game. Due to the fact of one the storyline and everything else to that nature wouldn't really grind into the pvp nature. Just as alot of people stated. Who would want to face the same faction "tenno" they would have to implement a whole new breed and create 2 opposite factions to enable pvp at all. And on top of that, have you even considered the resources it would take and the amounts of servers they would have to breed out just to enable pvp. Doing a pvp match on a host would not be that terrific at all. And the game would probably be 3x the data download just for the game itself, then you will have people complaining oh this power is just so OP in pvp or this weapon here is so powerful. Then the company ends up creating a specific pvp warframe that costs a fortune in real=life money and so on. Just this stuff you would have to consider. And sorry about the big post the website wont let me paragraph nothing anymore ("I just get 4 options in a forums post now, BOLD,ITALIC,UNDERLINE,CROSSTHROUGH") so that's why my posts seem like a big chunk now :P