Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept Drawing

VoidPunch

This is really good. Though I know this wouldn't fit in the game, I prefer a more clothy look, you know like he was covered in torn robes or something like he is straight out of the desert, to go with his power theme. Not knocking your concept because it is splendid, it's just the Samurai Look + Earth power thing isn't really meshing for some reason. And he does look like Rhino build wise, I think a robe look with a build similar to Frost ( since he is bigger than most but smaller than Rhino) would be awesome. But all in all it's a great concept, I think it's great that this community has such a creative fan base.

This is really good. Though I know this wouldn't fit in the game, I prefer a more clothy look, you know like he was covered in torn robes or something like he is straight out of the desert, to go with his power theme. Not knocking your concept because it is splendid, it's just the Samurai Look + Earth power thing isn't really meshing for some reason. And he does look like Rhino build wise, I think a robe look with a build similar to Frost ( since he is bigger than most but smaller than Rhino) would be awesome. But all in all it's a great concept, I think it's great that this community has such a creative fan base.

I agree with him not looking like an earth frame, he was not designed with that in mind. Everyone suggested that so I went with it. I will probably be doing alternate themes as well, some that fit his look more.

The torn cloth idea would be really cool. Make we can have a visual item, like syandanas, similar to the arid grineer. They have torn clothe parts that I would love to put on many frames, this one would be no exception.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really don't like the idea of having an earth-themed frame. It's rather unoriginal. Frankly, the logic here is Bulky + Brown = Rocks. Sure, it might be effective as a frame, but I think we can do better creatively. I think he looks more snake-themed than earth. If this is the case, we could keep Sandstorm and Dig, whilst still retaining much more originality.

Decided to try my hands at doing a Warframe concept finally. I like playing as tank and heavy frames and decided to design one. I tried to make it look like it would fit into Warframe as close as possible, gave him more of a samurai feel though. Anyways, here it is. I might post stats, powers, theme, etc later. For now though, it's just the drawing.

Feel free to post your own ideas or suggestions on a theme, powers, etc. and as always feedback is appreciated. :)

110gktz.jpg

I see a lot of posts about it looking like or should be an earth themed frame, I'll go from there and see what I can do.

Name: Sutekh (placeholder, please feel free to give suggestions on a name)

Theme: Earth

Powers:

Some ideas for an Earth themed power set, more should come later, feel free to post your own ideas. I will do visuals/diagrams soon.

Quicksand - Creates a pit(s) of quicksand that stops and traps any enemy(s) that walk into the pit. 

Earthquake - causes the ground to shake and rupture damaging and knocking down enemies in range.

Rock Wall - brings up a wall of rock in front of the warframe, acting as a shield. Then thrusts it out forward after a certain duration pushing and/or damaging enemies.

Dig - selects a target, then sinks below the ground and reemerges under the enemies breaking through the ground in an upwards thrust attack, possibly an upper cut as he breaks through the ground.

— Sandstorm - summons a pillar/tunnel of sand around the warframe for a short period (that acts like snowglobe or turbulence) then thrusts it outward in all directions damaging and/or pushing back enemies hit by the sands. [ illustration is coming, hard to describe in words]

Sand Blast - blasts a cone of sand at enemies blinding those hit. 

I like what you said about it looking Samurai. Maybe one of the Earthen abilities reflect that? Something like: Earth Spliter= Delevier an arcing blow from a jagged stone grafted onto Frame's arm

Just spitballing, but you get the idea

maybe we have an actual tank warframe, I would like him to take the paladin place of oberon, it seems oberon is more of a druid

Edit = I can totally see dig working out amazingly, in my head I see it being like teleport on ash just go underground and then get your sword and stab through an enemy,  with the chance of a slash proc cause I don't think it should be a one hit kill

Edited by MrStrongSemps

I really don't like the idea of having an earth-themed frame. It's rather unoriginal. Frankly, the logic here is Bulky + Brown = Rocks. Sure, it might be effective as a frame, but I think we can do better creatively. I think he looks more snake-themed than earth. If this is the case, we could keep Sandstorm and Dig, whilst still retaining much more originality.

I believe you didn't read my post commenting about how this was not intended to be an earth themed frame at all. I just took suggestions from the comments and went with it. I actually just designed him with a general samurai-ish feel, he wasn't design with any real theme in mind. Personally if I were to do an earth frame it would look completely different. My actual intent on powers if I had to do them (and I have yet to post the powers and theme for it) would be a bruiser/fighter frame. Something along the lines of using energy to strengthen his physical strength rather then casting and manipulating elements. Something like grabbing enemies a hurling into others, knocking back enemies, knug fu type stuff maybe. Something more hand-to-hand combat oriented sounds cool (Valkyr's hand-to-hand Hysteria is very underwhelming atm)

maybe we have an actual tank warframe, I would like him to take the paladin place of oberon, it seems oberon is more of a druid

Edit = I can totally see dig working out amazingly, in my head I see it being like teleport on ash just go underground and then get your sword and stab through an enemy,  with the chance of a slash proc cause I don't think it should be a one hit kill

That dig power is actually one I would like to see one a frame, earth or not. Going off the comment I just made above this one, with the fighter theme, I would imagine, if using the same attack concept, selecting a target and having him run (maybe almost a teleport, faster then slash dash for sure though) insanely fast and upper cut the enemy into the air causing damage and rag dolling on fall. 

Anyways, thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So your saying for a earth frame to look "earthy" it needs to be Malphite?