Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leader Variety Idea

SammersM

I'm liking the leaders addition, it throws a nice bit of extra flavour into the enemy ranks!

I had a thought though. All of the old bosses that are being remade, were originally(usually) a bigger, tougher regular enemy with a few additions to their arsenal. Hek was a Trooper(we know he's being remade), Sargas was a heavy gunner and Kela is a Bombard or something. I forget, I haven't fought her in a while.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to possibly bring back these old bosses as Leader types? Maybe even give them cool names that reference the old bosses. More variety can only be a good thing and recycling a bit of old boss code as new leader types would seem like less effort than implementing all of the new effects, so I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Eh, I'm not to big on the new leaders. They don't interact with the rest of their factions mobs in any meaning full way, it's like they were just shoe-horned for varieties sake rather then filling a niche that the faction needed.

Edit: Though I am up to the idea of making them better but really they need a niche that isn't just being the big tough guy.

Edited by EclecticDragon

I think the Leaders should be what Lotus warns us about, instead of Heavy Grineer. And they should really stand out and be considered something of a mini Boss. As it is now I have a hard time making them out in a crowd and that kind of defeats the purpose.