The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Paris Prime, But...

EDeN153

Regardless of the functional design of Paris Prime as a compound bow or a bow with shield on it, I fully support it either way.  Except...it needs to be redone.

Truth is I think it's ugly to and will not farm it.  Don't get me wrong, I love most Prime items.  Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Ember Prime, Glaive Prime all look especially great to me.  Paris Prime?  Sorry it's unattractive to say it politely.  it's the opposite of attractive to say it plainly.  I'm not trying to be mean but the mere fact that I refuse to play it and am overlooking it's stats due to it's design means the only way I could truthfully describe it's visual appearance from my perspective is as repulsive. 

Now, not all players feel this way and I'm sure a few enjoy it.  But I can't help but suppose that they are the "few".

Put some skins for it on the market and then i'll happily grind it out and buy a better skin for it because I loved the original Paris. 

Grineer are the one faction that I like to kill with a bow.  Corpus and infested are to small and move to fast for my taste.  Corpus especially have a tendency to move right when I almost have the crosshair on them, those little jerks.

BTW DrPandisimo or whoever drew that needs to work for DE.  

Yeah I know if anyone high up in DE is reading this they may be thinking:  "Kengiczar your not qualified to make that decision" but hey...just saying I'd buy that item ingame or at least the potatoe to put in it and actually use it supposing it had Paris Prime's stats.

They were certainly not a people for engineering satisfying weapons sounds, that's for sure. Only one I can tolerate is the Bronco Prime. Latron Prime is a literal pew pew rifle, Paris Prime sounds like hawking a loogie, Boar Prime sounds like a faulty sparkplug... the list goes on.

Boar Prime sounded like a normal shotgun a few weeks ago. It broke just before the update and despite an alleged tweak to the sound effect, it hasn't returned to normal yet.

the paris and dread look more "bow like"  but you have to know that the orokin were creative people,and so they created a bow that doesn't look like a modern bow(Dread and Paris)

The Orokin had a tendency to clad their weapons with golden ornaments. For some reason. 

If they were tactical military genius weapon manufacturers, why would they use a soft metal like gold? Or rather why would they use something that leaves off such a glow as soon as a light source hits it? Wouldn't assassination missions be more difficult if this was to happen on a sneaking mission? Besides why would they make the guns seem so uncomfortable?

Look at the Burston Prime, it has a long golden thingy on-top of it where you're supposed to aim down-sights. Paris-Prime and Dread both look like they carry a lot of unnecessary weight. Those big surfaces on the Paris, they serve a function? Same thing with the Latron Prime. Unless it fire's golf-balls, why is the barrel so goddamn huge? It doesn't seem like it fire's golf-balls, it seems like it fires regular bullets too small to be viewed by the eye, not to mention the gun is unnecessarily wide, adding even more unnecessary weight. 

Unless the Orokin were Snerking Noble Kings and Gentlemen who only wore their guns to the ball to show-off their status like noble's of old times, then I can clearly deduce they were completely drowned in idiocy when it comes to their weapon design, no matter how creative it is. 

This is if we are trying to go by any sort of Lore. If we're not, the weapons simply look awesome, and is a good incentive to get one. 

• 3 months later...

If a reskin of paris prime was going to happen, please make it a modern compound, complete with non-circular pulleys (which increase arrow speed irl), perfect flexing (the pulleys bend towards each other properly - go to an archery range and look), a nice long stabiliser, making bow roll downwards after shot due to weight imbalance, oh and fix the sound files. Once again, go to an archery range and listen to the high powered bows. Broadheads are a must. Also, make arrows travel at around 320 feet/sec, which is fairly accurate for faster bows.

Uh... it doesn't increase arrow speed, it vastly increases the maximum draw weight (which effects the arrow's speed) because of two primary factors:

1) The acceleration curve starts low and ends high- the opposite of non-complex bows, which start high and end low. This puts a much lower strain on the arrow itself due to a much smoother accelleration, making it much easier to not splinter the arrow with a higher draw weight.

2) The amount of force required to keep the bow at full pull is reduced, meaning that a human can not only manage to draw a higher draw weight to full (as you only have to overcome the full weight at the start, not constantly), but also that a human can hold at full draw for a much longer time due to a much lower amount of force required.

I helped homebrew Compound Bows for D&D 3.5 once. Did a *lot* of research on this matter haha

EDIT: Excuse me. Said something about complex bows, don't mind me.

Was confusing compound with composite and went to complex as what the "upgraded" term was supposed to be.

Not sure what was making me think compound vs complex... Might be my inner grammarian, since I've been doing a lot of writing recently.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Necro-ing this thread? Cool, I'll give ups to this again.

My main problem is the sound ("Where's my spitoon?"), and the overuse of gilded PVC pipe, not unlike the Burston Prime (which also looks terrible; I'm seeing patterns). With the mid-grip curving over the hand (instead of the thumb), it would be impossible to cradle an arrow and shoot accurately. If this thing was like a rail gun with a bow string, I would say "Ok, future bow. Fine." But that it doesn't have a complex design, but winds all over the place make it really hard to use, because I shouldn't be able to use it.

I love the Dread because it looks most like a bow (and is awesome). Any weird stuff on it can be waved off as techno-magic. Paris and Cernos also work (they're just not as good as my Dread). I want to use the Paris for the puncture damage, but can't bring myself to because it just doesn't look like it would ever work.

Jumping on board the "cyborg loogie sound is terrible" train. It's the single reason I don't use the Paris Prime, which is unfortunate because I can accept its looks, and its stats are certainly impressive. Ah well, eventually I'll get my Dread leveled and formaed and settle for that.

But really DE, that sound is AWFUL.

Edited by Jiufengbao

I personally like the Paris Prime.  It's got that bow thing going on and also looks part shield like so you can block S#&$ being shot or thrown at you.  Best of both worlds and it also does TONS OF DAMAGE!

No the Orthos Prime looks like crap.  Basically it's just the Bo staff with 2 small fish hooks on it.  Looks more like a fancy to catch the the fish in the koi ponds and gardens in the dojo then a weapon used to cut enemies into small pieces.

It looks atrocious. The Paris looks better in every way, it's got more customization in terms of colors, no one called it a 'toilet seat' when it first came out, etc. 

I don't even know what I would change with it, what would you do to it?

Ranting thread is pointless >.>

That's why I use Dread...