The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void Assassination - The Orokin Central Security Maintenance Mainframe

Morec0

Orokin C.S.M.M. (Central Security Maintenance Mainframe)

The Orokin C.S.M.M. is the source and controlling mainframe behind the Orokin Towers' Neural Sensor.  Speaking with a smooth feminine voice, its sole purpose is to keep the Orokin Tower clear of all potential threats. Even in the absence of its creators, it continues to fulfill its purpose.  For the Tenno to have full access to the Towers, this computer must be demolished. 

The Orokin C.S.M.M. is completely stationary, set into a tower stretching from the floor to the ceiling in the center of its room and will not move from its location – relying on build in defenses and traps in its room to defend itself.  The tower itself does not take damage but the armored core in the center (which is either protected by an outer metal layer, extremely durable energy shield, or inner metal layer) does, and will be the target of any Tenno looking to secure the tower.  It has four different phases to its battle, each activating after the requirements to end it have been met:

Phase 1:

During phase one the C.S.M.M. activates laser weapons built into its pillar.  These beams are continuous and trace along the ground as they follow you, leaving paths for a short while which deal damage if you cross over them.  These can be destroyed.  Once 1/3rd of its health has been dealt in damage to the core to destroy the outer layer, it will activate its energy shield and Phase 2 will begin.

Phase 2:

Phase 2 consists of a 1-minute time-trail, in which you just survive the laser traps that the C.S.M.M. activates.  These traps line the ceiling and walls of the room, and can be destroyed like any other traps.  After 1-minute has ended the traps will deactivate and Phase 3 will begin.  During this time an indestructible energy shield will protect the exposed core of the C.S.M.M., and the laser weapons will be stored back into the machine

Phase 3:

Phase 3 starts with the C.S.M.M. lowering the secondary metal shield and activating the plasma rockets built into the pillar, and any laser weapons that were destroyed in Phase 1 will return – again, both of these can be destroyed.  Just like in the first phase, the goal is to destroy the casing to the core.

Phase 4:

The final real phase of the fight, starting once the C.S.M.M. has lost 2/3rds of its health: once the casing is destroyed the C.S.M.M. will reactivate the energy shield, any laser traps that weren’t destroyed, and unleash flying Drones to try and finish you off.  Coolant tanks will also appear in the corners of the room, and each must be destroyed by players to proceed to the final part: in which the shield will deactivate permanently and the health of the core will drain at a steady rate, with the players able to attack it to help it move along.  All standing traps, turrets, and drones will remain active.

When its health reaches zero, it will explode and victory will be achieved – all remaining enemies dying immediately and not respawning over any period of time.

Lotus Quotes:

As long as the security in this tower is active, our operatives will be in constant danger.  Destroy the central security mainframe.

The Orokin relied on their traps and security machines to protect their holdings, and that protection remains active in their absence.  Today we remove it.

The central security system is likely to be located in the center of this tower.  Find it and demolish it.

Orokin C.S.M.M. Quotes:

Pre-Battle:

Intruders detected; Neural Sentry defenses deployed.

Lifeform classification “Tenno” not permitted in this sector.

You do not possess proper clearance: please leave and return with authorized personnel.

Hostilities on Orokin Tower grounds will be disciplined harshly

During Battle:

Cease hostilities or be exterminated.

All threats to Orokin security will be removed.

Additional neural sentries engaged.

All breaches to Orokin Tower security must be corrected.

All hostilities will be met with appropriate measures.

Boss Introduction/Phase One Begin:

Drop your weapons and submit to Orokin custody; any further hostilities will provoke a terminal response.

Phase One End/Phase Two Begin:

External casing damaged.  Emergency shielding online.  Level one emergency defenses online.

Phase Two End/Phase Three Begin:

Internal casing engaged.  Highest level defensive protocol engaged.

Phase Three End/Phase Four Begin:

Internal casing at 50% durability, diverting all power to emergency shielding.

Coolant Tanks Destroyed:

Warning! Warning! Internal heat levels reaching critical temperatures! Mainframe destruction imminent!

Defeated:

Central Security Maintenance Mainframe going offline…

Leave Comments of what you think!

Edited by Morec0

Is it just me or does this sound exactly like the last fight of armored core 3? not that I would mind seeing this in warframe.

Wouldn't know, never played it (not even sure I've heard of it - SOUNDS familiar, but I could be confusing myself).

I like it ! 

And my valentine Wyrm too, even if she will die often because of so much lasers é___è

That fact crossed my mind, but I felt it was a worthy sacrifice to make the fight interesting.

Either way, it's better than my first idea: originally I thought about having the floor start to open up underneath the players, and they had to run to avoid falling into a pit of lasers - changed it because if you #*($%%@ up then it's an instant game over with no chance of returning.

While I do admit that it would be good, I would've favored some kind of boss akin to Ornstein and Smough. lol

Then again, the Void is tiered, so I think we can still organize it:

T1 assassination:

T2 assassination:

T3 assassination: Orokin C.S.M.M.

I know nothing of Dark Souls so I can't really comment much on that (I'm watching a video now, though, so I'll maybe get back to you on it), but in terms of dual-bosses we DO have Alad V and Zanuka. The idea behind this was to put in an boss that fit nicely into the feel that the Orokin Towers have, and, in my mind at least, having just a super-powered corrupted guy would be... lazy. The idea of attacking the tower itself, though, in order to fully take it instead of just running and gunning while looking for scraps (even though it wouldn't have a single impact on the gameplay) that's something I found a bit more interesting.

EDIT: Okay, I think I see what you're talking about with that boss fight. I like it. I've got another boss concept I'm going to be working on, so I'll definitely taking this idea into consideration. (of course, it wont be able to include a cinematic 'cause that would just eat up too much time).

Edited by Morec0

I very much like this idea.

I just hope that if it was implemented, DE wouldn't place a large grind wall to get the key to the assassination.

To me: getting keys for this'll be no different than getting any other Void mission run.

This is really neat. Quick question, though: With the recent nerf to the Void lasers, how much damage will the laser thingers do? Will they insta-kill like they used to, or do more reasonable amounts of damage? I feel like this should be a really hard boss.

Didn't know they'd nerfed them... But definitely reasonable amounts of damage: I picture this being a freakin' Gridlock of the things, so to them them be insta-kill would just be $&*^ish.

Niiiiiice !

I would just add a fifth phase : a giant samurai-robot comes out of the pillar plugged with various cables and try to take care of the very bad tenno. "sucker punch" style.

When the boss is killed, a "game calculated" cutscene starts where the giant samurai-robot is beheaded. Because F*** yeah !  

Niiiiiice !

I would just add a fifth phase : a giant samurai-robot comes out of the pillar plugged with various cables and try to take care of the very bad tenno. "sucker punch" style.

When the boss is killed, a "game calculated" cutscene starts where the giant samurai-robot is beheaded. Because F*** yeah !  

Sounds like it would make a cooler Warframe than a boss.

As usual well done Morec0

I've posted like... 4 ideas in total. What "as usual" are you referring to?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...