Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Grinlok Clan-Tech?

Kamal965

No, I don't care about the timewall. I care about lore consistency.

The Grinlok is in the chem labs; labs focused on chemically-powered weaponry. i.e: Ignis.

... The Grinlok uses bullets. What gives, DE?

No, Chem lab isn't chemically-powered weaponry. It's Grineer weaponry.

No, I don't care about the timewall. I care about lore consistency.

The Grinlok is in the chem labs; labs focused on chemically-powered weaponry. i.e: Ignis.

... The Grinlok uses bullets. What gives, DE?

I have a perfect answer..... and so do they VVVVVV

If memory serves chem lab=greneer tech and Grinlok=greneer tech.

Because people were moaning about the Grineer Lab being devoid of weapons.

Well, powder is made of chemicals. And bullets use powder.

If memory serves chem lab=greneer tech and Grinlok=greneer tech.

No, Chem lab isn't chemically-powered weaponry. It's Grineer weaponry.

I have a perfect answer..... and so do they VVVVVV

Because the chem labs are grineer weaponry, and they've had basically nothing until U12. It's been the worst lab in terms of content.

I won't argue. I'll give you picture proof:

6U6xR.jpg

(also, some clan emblem swag right there)

It's the CHEMICAL lab. It just so happens that Grineer weaponry are the ones most fit to be chemically-focused.

And gunpowder? Really? I understand a joke, but that's pathetic. Slap in the Karak, Grakata, Hind, Seer and everything else in there since it uses gunpowder.

I won't argue. I'll give you picture proof:

6U6xR.jpg

(also, some clan emblem swag right there)

It's the CHEMICAL lab. It just so happens that Grineer weaponry are the ones most fit to be chemically-focused.

And gunpowder? Really? I understand a joke, but that's pathetic. Slap in the Karak, Grakata, Hind, Seer and everything else in there since it uses gunpowder.

The issue there is, they are really branded as common pool market gear. So they cant really remove it without upsetting even more people. It would make it by far more complex than needed. Also with that mentality you might as well move all market gear into the clans.

No real reason to be upset considering that once more weapons come out, future ones are going to the market again. This cycle will continue again once more after that hit clan tech too.

I just hope this isn't the "new rule."  We've had the four most recent weapons go in the labs, and two of them really have no place there.  I mean, Dual Cestra?  Really?  Why is that something that needs to go in a research lab?  And as people are pointing out, the Grinlok is hardly something that needs "chemical" research.

My problem with it is that it's not fair to newer players, and some people don't like joining clans.  Hell, if I hadn't made my own clan and researched everything myself, I'd still probably just be sewing over how I didn't get access to so many weapons.

The issue there is, they are really branded as common pool market gear. So they cant really remove it without upsetting even more people. It would make it by far more complex than needed. Also with that mentality you might as well move all market gear into the clans.

No real reason to be upset considering that once more weapons come out, future ones are going to the market again. This cycle will continue again once more after that hit clan tech too.

That's exactly it, though. I want consistency and logic. What differentiates the Latron from the Grimlok? Damage values and accuracy? So why isn't the Latron in the labs too?

Special weapons should go into their respective labs, and regular weapons should go into the regular market. That's all I ask.

Clans have no reason to exist other then Events.

Putting Weapons on Market for plat, BP for credit.

People grind the BP instead of buying with plat.

What do you do?

Make getting the BP harder.

Clans exist as an excuse to make obtaining Weapons harder.

Game is on a freefall now?

Edited by KONAir