Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Where Are You Going With This? (Clantech Weapons In The Market)

DJ_Redwire

You open, complaining about being labelled, then your second paragraph you do the same thing regarding folks who want to spend money, according to you "joe moneybags" does not know the value of his money, yet you do. I would suggest you work on the chip on your shoulder and stop calling that kettle black

There is no exclusivity in computer gaming, it is an illusion, one that exists solely in the gamer’s imagination, an illusion fostered by game designers to put bums on seats. I could waste my time and explain why you feel the need for reward having spent time in game but you would probably see it as insulting. Your efforts are worth no more than anyone else's, any notion of achievement is purely imaginary with no merit at all. This is not a competitive game with real world rewards, all any of us do when playing warframe is waste our free time shooting the S#&$ with likeminded gamers having a laugh, if you believe it to be anything else you are kidding yourself.

Enjoy playing the game your way and leave others and their opinions to enjoy it theirs, buy items or grind as you wish; X or Y, neither has more merit than the other.

Lord himself has descended from heaven with a shout.

Be a little bit more clear with your post. I know now what the post is about, but... I just don't agree with what you're trying to say. 

Imagine a bunch of Ogrises or Acrids. It would ruin the balance of all weapons, let alone the game itself. 

I'm not saying all weapons are OP. It's just those two specifically

I don't know the reason why either. But I'm pretty glad that they decided to start with these Update 12 weapons, and not before. 

I agree completely. Clan tech should stay in clan. If they start making new clan tech available outside of the clan then what's the point of having a clan in the first place? If they're going to release it for plat than honestly why not just make it obtainable outside of clan? I thought the whole point of the clan research was to have gear only available if you were in said clan. I understand the argument of "You can farm through clan but buy plat if you want to spend the money" but that goes back to the OPs "Then why not make others available?". Is DE trying to make less and less use of the clan? I know plenty of people who outright buys new items with plat because they have the money and may or may not have the time needed to farm them. 

I feel at the very least if they make clan tech available through market then either make it so you don't have to research it or you only need to research it. 

Waaah

It's only available in the Market, not enough Clan tech!!

Waaah

It's only available in Clan tech how will solo players get it?

WAAAAAH

It's in both! this is bullsh*t!!!

Some things are best left mysterious and confusing, the motives behind the Warframe community is one of them.

Be a little bit more clear with your post. I know now what the post is about, but... I just don't agree with what you're trying to say. 

Imagine a bunch of Ogrises or Acrids. It would ruin the balance of all weapons, let alone the game itself. 

I'm not saying all weapons are OP. It's just those two specifically

I don't know the reason why either. But I'm pretty glad that they decided to start with these Update 12 weapons, and not before. 

This isn't really related to what I'm trying to get across, so I apologize if you're having trouble understanding the point I'm trying to make. I will put my response to it in a spoiler so signify that it's not directly related to the topic.

I would agree with you if that wasn't already the case. I can't remember the last time I entered a random game and haven't seen at least one Synapse or Ignis or Supra or what have you running around. And along with that - clan-tech has never only ever consisted of weapons that are only OP tier and above. Plenty of them are subpar at best. And then there's the Soma sitting there in the market. Not clan-tech yet easily one of the strongest weapons in the game. Clan-tech is already easily available for almost everyone, so it shouldn't matter which clan-tech is and isn't in the market, right?

Waaah

It's only available in the Market, not enough Clan tech!!

Waaah

It's only available in Clan tech how will solo players get it?

WAAAAAH

It's in both! this is bullsh*t!!!

Some things are best left mysterious and confusing, the motives behind the Warframe community is one of them.

You're vastly over generalizing what I said to the point of being incorrect. There's nothing wrong with having clan-tech in the market and in the dojo. But there is a problem with just having a specific list of items that are. If all of the clan-tech was in the market, I would've never brought this mess up.

You're vastly over generalizing what I said to the point of being incorrect. There's nothing wrong with having clan-tech in the market and in the dojo. But there is a problem with just having a specific list of items that are. If all of the clan-tech was in the market, I would've never brought this mess up.

It's more an Observation of Current events, rather than an Over Generalization.

People got iffy when it was all market, no Clan tech, they then moved stuff to clan tech and got iffy that there was too much clan tech and not enough market, NOW, people are getting iffy because it's in both.

There is NO satisfying these people. 

:/

People got iffy when it was all market, no Clan tech, they then moved stuff to clan tech and got iffy that there was too much clan tech and not enough market, NOW, people are getting iffy because it's in both.

"These people" are often different people. When changes happen, some are satisfied and some aren't.

Personally, I agree with DJ_Redwire; when it comes to something like plat, clan tech should be an all or nothing deal.

Alright I understand what you're getting at now. It's hard to please everybody.

but the OP really has a point. why not make all of clan tech available in marked not just a few? that is the topic of discussion here. my guess is maybe they are in a testing phase and will eventually make it all available it makes no real sense to have just a few but in the end i'm sure it's not in the top priorities for DE atm and let's face it for any company paying customers matter most and it they want to pay for stuff i would let them.

p.s. i haven't slept in over 24h so i apologise if i'm rambling

Edited by ol0.8io

Wait when in the past was clan tech ever in the market? I think the point here is that the 2 new weapons are available in the market yet cannot be acquired via game-play only besides clan. What makes those special? They haven't done it before. You couldn't buy the Flux rifle with plat for instance. Why are they doing this now? And if they're going to continue to then why not just release all clan tech on the market. It's not a matter of if it's a good or bad idea to have clan tech available for plat as much as it is a why not release all other tech for plat?

Most of the previous Clan-Tech are Mastery Rank locked if I remember correctly. This is probably why some are not in the market. Personally I don't see what the big deal is having some clan exclusive items. They do encourage you ti join a clan.

First off only a few, at least the old ones, are mastery locked. Second you must have forgotten that Rhino and the Hek both require mastery of a certain level and were available on the market.

Warframe is played by a large amount of people, some more able then others. I myself craft everything, I own almost every frame and have crafted them all, all my weapons built from scratch, I own almost every prime and I did it all by building. Some people have this kind of time, myself included. However some people must work for a living, some have to earn their money. We players who grind through the dirt for what we have work hard for it, and the people that pay, they also work hard for it, not in game but in real life. Yes there are some people out there who just throw money at a game from their parents credit card, but there are also people who earn their money. Effort on both sides, some in game, some IRL. Someone very close to me taught me that, she works for what she has IRL and spends money to get stuff in warframe because she doesn't have the vast amount of free time that I do. We are both rank 11, we both own almost every frame, yet we do things in two very different ways.

one thing comes to mind does anyone remember devs saying in a devstream that weapons are placed in market or clan research by RNG? i think it was a couple of streams ago while talking about the valkyr update i will try to look for it

later ed: here you go

Edited by ol0.8io

It's not even all that different from other weapons available on the market. I don't like that it's not mechanically unique, but it's clan tech. Shouldn't clan tech be powerful and unique? It's just another hitscan rifle. Could have just as well been in the market. I'm not paying money for it. My clan will research it, get it the free way, but I feel as if they're just putting out these bland weapons too frequently and I have a hard time caring for them. Hell, I haven't even had the time to finish leveling my other weapons, and more stuff comes out?

I think there should be a minimum time between Tenno Reinforcements of two weeks.

Edited by Vaskadar

It's not even all that different from other weapons available on the market. I don't like that it's not mechanically unique, but it's clan tech. Shouldn't clan tech be powerful and unique? It's just another hitscan rifle. Could have just as well been in the market. I'm not paying money for it. My clan will research it, get it the free way, but I feel as if they're just putting out these bland weapons too frequently and I have a hard time caring for them. Hell, I haven't even had the time to finish leveling my other weapons, and more stuff comes out?

I think there should be a minimum time between Tenno Reinforcements of two weeks.

i beg to differ. there is not one weapon that even comes close to it for comparison. no other bolt action rifle afaik in warframe yet (or maybe if you count the vectis but that is a sniper and stats are totally different). you are calling a weapon bland without even trying it first. did you even watch the same video i did? please realize that not all weapons can be soma, some of them will be less desirable for the majority of players. also most players are excited by new things in the game and i for one welcome tenno reinforcements on a weekly basis thank you DE

Edited by ol0.8io

Then some people would start crying for more content. One Tenno Reinforcements per week is fine as it is. And one week is enough to get at least a few weapons to Rank 30.

Seriously, I still don't understand what part of this development makes DE unethical or unreasonable. The complaints here are community snobbishness, plain and simple.

There's a sort of stigma against purchasing things that other players have to "work" for. Personally, I'd say it's somewhere between self-bias and the fundamental attribution error, with a dash of that lovely mindset that believes money and making money is evil.

There is, admittedly, a fine line between 'pay for convenience' and 'pay to win', and it's a line that must be judged on a per-game basis. Warframe, to date, still seems to wander on the right side, despite what many like to think.

Edited by SilentCynic