Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Where Are You Going With This? (Clantech Weapons In The Market)

DJ_Redwire

I dont like it to much tho I am against clan tech in the market especialy for how long it is to get zephry it means so all the feed back they get is biased without anyone who actualy worked super hard for that warframe's mats weighing in if it was worth it or not and what needs to be changed

recently iv been shot down by teammates saying zephry is fun and should nto be changed all of them having bought it with no work

My friend bought me it because I love flight and I just cant stand how its exactly the same as excalibure when it comes to "flight" or dashing

I already owned excalibure just for this why give me the same thing again "it plays diffrently" they yell at me you are right it cant actualy do alot of damage with that dash and its annoyingly floaty with invicibility wich they are slowly cutting out of other frames she has frost snow globe invincability jsut for herself wooh how long is that gona last before it gets changed

everyone has yelled at me saying she is fine tho they dont have any way to judge if it is fine for how much effort you must grind to get the parts and time you must wait only its fine because i spent some spare plats on it and DE wont get any other feedback till clan tech gates are open and people rush the build or wait all 4 days for her to build so all the feedback she has so far is onesided and that will happen to most if not all weapons and future content like this

TL:DR or to messy of a wrighter

the feed back will lean to oneside and have less people talking about it who know first hand especialy for a new mechanic unless its utterly broken like divebomb (and from what I have seen the hardly talked about tornado throwing items everywhere desyncing them from host and clients into the celing where noone else can get them)

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

You know, I'm getting really tired in general of being labeled for having an opinion. This is about the fourth thread I've read that has the overwhelming majority calling any dissenters "whiners," "snobs," or "self-entitled." You're chalking these words up to an entire population of people who feel a certain way about many negative trends WF has. This isn't a community; it's a freaking zoo.

The bottom line is that there is no reward in gameplay, so I'd like to feel like I earned my items, but joe moneybags over here can drop 800 plat on the What Stalker pack because he doesn't know the value of a dollar, thus invalidating my efforts. If I work at gathering resources, patiently building a dojo with my friends, and finally building a blueprint in my foundry, I'd like to feel some sense of exclusivity. I worked for my item. You (the royal you, I mean) swiped a credit card.

Hate to break it to you, but being labeled for having opinions is precisely the way the real world works. You prioritize changing the status quo? You're called a liberal. You want to keep the status quo the same? You're called a conservative. You believe Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior? You're categorized under one of any number of Christian denominations. Unfortunately for you and me both, we're going to get slapped with a lot of labels we're not particularly fond of. It's up to us and the decisions we make whether or not those labels are accurate or not, too.

Joe Moneybags doesn't know the value of a dollar? Who the hell are you to be able to say that? I'll start off by saying that I have not once purchased a weapon or Warframe for platinum, so do me a favor and drop the pretentiousness. If Mr. Moneybags spends ten hours a day lifting fifty pound bags of dog food out of a truck to earn his dollars, can you really say that he doesn't know what they're worth? Who are you to judge whether he spends them on video games, booze, or books? The value of a purchase is entirely subject to the opinion of the purchaser. Money isn't something that is obtained without an investment of effort at some point in time. You put in your time "earning" in-game content by playing Warframe. Joe Moneybags puts in his time by working a job. How are you any better than him because of that? Or how is he any better than you, for that matter?

But DiabolusUrsus, hold up a second! What about all those stupid kids who are spending their parents' money without having worked a day in their lives? They obviously don't know the value of a dollar!

Hm. You have a small point there. People like that (kids or not) probably don't have the same sort of understanding of value that people who work for their money do. However, that's actually irrelevant. Why? Well, when you strip away all the rhetorical bullS#&$ that goes into that sort of reasoning, what your argument actually boils down to is simplistic, infantile jealousy. Those people have it easy. They get what they want without even lifting a finger. You obviously don't have that, so in order to distinguish yourself from them you conceive the flaccid and arbitrary idea that somehow you are better than them. Buying things in a game is cheap. It's worthless. There's no effort. It's quick and easy. How despicable. You, on the other hand, you know what it means to earn something. You work hard. You make the effort of grinding those resources. You wait those three days. Now that, that's earning something. By playing a game. Right.

Except... last time I checked, making a point out of distinguishing yourself from another person or group of people out of disdain or contempt was a defining characteristic of being a snob. Saying that people who purchase their weapons and Warframes for platinum somehow "invalidate" the time you spent "earning" yours (I'm sorry, did I miss the part where their purchases somehow removed your items from your inventory?) is like saying the gay couple down the street being married somehow makes your own marriage mean less. That's whining. You weren't able to (or chose not to) buy that one Clan Tech weapon off of the market, so nobody else should be able to? That's being self-entitled. Sorry, but your actions and opinions in this instance make the labels I applied to you earlier rather accurate.

I'm chalking these words up to an entire population of people who think and behave similarly to the way you do, because the glove does indeed fit. Anyone who thinks differently, behaves differently, or can even present a single valid and non-arbitrary reason as to why having game content available for purchase on the microtransaction market is harmful to Warframe can comfortably exempt his or herself from my criticism. At this point in time, that has yet to happen.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

I don't care, as long as I can get them for free.

Tons of longwinded posts in here, but this...This is the one I agree with totally.

It doesn't bother me -at all- that people with the money to spend can obtain weapons/warframes faster. Let them spend it - most of them probably deserve to reward themselves for having a job and income. Let's also keep in mind most of these people don't have alot of time to farm for materials/blueprints, thus when something new and shiny appears, they might look towards outright buying it. Then there's always the, well, obvious....DE needs to get paid.

Every single thing in this game sans cosmetics can be obtained for free, guys.Yes it takes longer, yes it takes more time (I want Zephyr so bad, but I'm refusing to outright buy her myself), but it's -free-, and if someone else buys the content...let them. They're helping pay for us to play this free game.

Now as for the real topic at hand - clan tech being added to the market - Once again I care not, myself. Not everyone wants to be in a clan, and not everyone has time to farm hundreds of muta samples and so on to craft these weapons. Seeing as this is a PvE game, I really, truly don't see the problem.

one thing comes to mind does anyone remember devs saying in a devstream that weapons are placed in market or clan research by RNG? i think it was a couple of streams ago while talking about the valkyr update i will try to look for it

later ed: here you go

this thread went offtrack exactly how the OP asked not to so i will repost this. the OP wanted to know why are certain clan tech in the market and not all of it? there is an answer in this devstream. take it with a grain of salt tho 

Quite the opposite. I love buying weapons with platinum; do it all the time. Why not have clan-tech in the market? Seems fine to me. Nowhere have I said that I am opposed to having clan-tech in the market - even though everyone seems to think I am. 

What I'm trying to hammer home is: why only some of them? No really, this is what I am truly asking. Why just a few? Don't stop reading now, this is important. 

The only sensible answer that I can come up with to the question is that they want to make immediate money off of these clan-tech items. But if that's the case, why are they just now doing it? Couldn't they have put new clan-tech items up for grabs in the market in the past? Something policy-wise has changed, and I simply would like to know why - because it may have implications as to future weapons and Warframes.

Might it be nothing? Sure, could be. But on the other hand this could be a step towards something that's not as simple or benign as we'd like. We've seen them do far more drastic things in the past, so it would be foolish to ignore possible symptoms of a much bigger problem on the horizon.

So, all the being said, a way for DE to prove that they're not doing exactly what a lot of angry people say their doing and 'pay walling' things would be for clan-tech equality. Seems odd to just have a select few in the market, no? Add them all in then. And if DE doesn't want to do that? Then that proves their only interested in selling a select group of weapons. Needless to say that smells funny to me.

I'd like to reply to this post because it brought up a thought I had while watching the newest dev livestream. You may be right. There seems to be some outside force that might be influencing DE to make radical changes to the game. I believe it may probably have to do with Sony and their PS4 ties. I mean they were given new developers and staff to help supervise their launch on the PS4. The newest Dev livestream brought about trendy modern day game concepts they'd like to see implemented(PvP, melee execution animations, free-roaming, and maybe more I can't really remember atm.), so maybe that's why? I just hope it's good stuff. I mean the new UI looks amazing.

Edited by SicSlaver

I don't understand why people are complaining. It's not like it's exclusive. So some people paid money to get the item ahead of time, so what. If you really want it that bad then fork up some of your actual money and get the gun. If you don't wanna pay for the gun then get it for free in the game by waiting a bit. Let the people who are willing to spend the money spend their money, it's not your money so why does it matter?

I read the whole thing and no it is not a pressing issue for most people, no it is not controversial to most people and no DE do not have to obey anyone's arbitrary laws of consistency.

This was clearly never about making clan weapons available in the market, but making market weapons available via clan tech as double fix for two problems!

First is that standard drops is just broken and needs a total rethink, you can not just keep adding BPs to the drop table making it more of an RNG fest than it already is, people were asking for rewards for effort in game like the mitre but not implemented that way and hopefully not be as gimped.

Second is that clan tech is totally under used, though my clan of 2 had opened a dojo we had never done any clantech research, we had no idea how much the costs would be and the selection of weapons was not that significant we always had new things to try that did not need the effort, but now due to DEs recent decisions we were spurred on to actually build stuff with the mound of resources we both had built up.

This is to me is clearly the intent of DE and i am more than fine with it, in fact i am grateful for the push as tbh it has not cost us much at all.

Edited by Kyphe

Hate to break it to you, but being labeled for having opinions is precisely the way the real world works. You prioritize changing the status quo? You're called a liberal. You want to keep the status quo the same? You're called a conservative. You believe Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior? You're categorized under one of any number of Christian denominations. Unfortunately for you and me both, we're going to get slapped with a lot of labels we're not particularly fond of. It's up to us and the decisions we make whether or not those labels are accurate or not, too.

Joe Moneybags doesn't know the value of a dollar? Who the hell are you to be able to say that? I'll start off by saying that I have not once purchased a weapon or Warframe for platinum, so do me a favor and drop the pretentiousness. If Mr. Moneybags spends ten hours a day lifting fifty pound bags of dog food out of a truck to earn his dollars, can you really say that he doesn't know what they're worth? Who are you to judge whether he spends them on video games, booze, or books? The value of a purchase is entirely subject to the opinion of the purchaser. Money isn't something that is obtained without an investment of effort at some point in time. You put in your time "earning" in-game content by playing Warframe. Joe Moneybags puts in his time by working a job. How are you any better than him because of that? Or how is he any better than you, for that matter?But DiabolusUrsus, hold up a second! What about all those stupid kids who are spending their parents' money without having worked a day in their lives? They obviously don't know the value of a dollar!

Hm. You have a small point there. People like that (kids or not) probably don't have the same sort of understanding of value that people who work for their money do. However, that's actually irrelevant. Why? Well, when you strip away all the rhetorical bullS#&$ that goes into that sort of reasoning, what your argument actually boils down to is simplistic, infantile jealousy. Those people have it easy. They get what they want without even lifting a finger. You obviously don't have that, so in order to distinguish yourself from them you conceive the flaccid and arbitrary idea that somehow you are better than them. Buying things in a game is cheap. It's worthless. There's no effort. It's quick and easy. How despicable. You, on the other hand, you know what it means to earn something. You work hard. You make the effort of grinding those resources. You wait those three days. Now that, that's earning something. By playing a game. Right.

Except... last time I checked, making a point out of distinguishing yourself from another person or group of people out of disdain or contempt was a defining characteristic of being a snob. Saying that people who purchase their weapons and Warframes for platinum somehow "invalidate" the time you spent "earning" yours (I'm sorry, did I miss the part where their purchases somehow removed your items from your inventory?) is like saying the #$$ couple down the street being married somehow makes your own marriage mean less. That's whining. You weren't able to (or chose not to) buy that one Clan Tech weapon off of the market, so nobody else should be able to? That's being self-entitled. Sorry, but your actions and opinions in this instance make the labels I applied to you earlier rather accurate.

I'm chalking these words up to an entire population of people who think and behave similarly to the way you do, because the glove does indeed fit. Anyone who thinks differently, behaves differently, or can even present a single valid and non-arbitrary reason as to why having game content available for purchase on the microtransaction market is harmful to Warframe can comfortably exempt his or herself from my criticism. At this point in time, that has yet to happen.

*sigh* i give up. You win. That was painful, and i dont know if I deserve your condescention or being told to drop the "pretentiousness" despite my being anything but. Im just sad that on all the threads I posted on about this, not a one agreed with me about this. Sorry i wasted your time.