Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Energy Gorgon

CrazyCatLad

Greetings Grineer engineers...

I present to you the Energy Gorgon (REVERSE ENGINEERED SUPRA to appease the people who already commented):

Front:

AaF23Dx.jpg

Rear:

iknYbGv.jpg

Proposed Stats:

Mastery Level 4

No windup

Firing rate: 10/sec

Magazine: 60

Reload: 2

Damage: 22

Impact: 5

Puncture: 14

Slash: 3

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Damage: 150%

Status Chance: 15%

Polarities: V

NEW OROKIN VERSION (+ or - some Gold dangly bits)

aGx8zHc.jpg

(Modeled in Creo 2.  Rendered in Keyshot 4.)

-Lanieu

Edited by Lanieu

It's not a bad idea by itself, but there is actually lore in the game that the Grineer cannot be allowed to get hold of energy weapons because their limited supply of bullets is all that's stopping them from completely crushing everything in their path.

It's why Sabotage missions sometimes have us taking out mining machines. The Grineer are trying to use the stuff they're collecting to build energy weapons. This would work as an after-production modification by the Corpus or Tenno based on Grineer technology, but not as a purely Grineer weapon.

Although I'd quite like to see an Orokin-style energy gatling gun, maybe more accurate than the Supra with faster bullets but less damage. How does this look in white and gold?

MMM shiny. What i actually want to see in the game ( although it kind of doesn't fit) is a new weapon category called heavy weapons. They will considerably slow you down, cost a  lot to build and have high MR requirements but just imagine this: A rhino standing in the middle of a corridor with a giant vulcan-style minigun, unloading thousands of bullets at the incoming hordes. It's unnecessary, it's stupid and it doesn't fit in the game play but to hell with all this, it'd be awesome, if only for a quick few minutes.

@Arbiter

I would too...or at least usable defense turrets (stationary) that would act as those huge guns.  Grineer coming down a corridor...no prob.  Hop on and pewpew.

I did this little Grineer Defense turret for fun - not that great but you get the idea:

GYVUL1k.jpg

Woo, got the link to work.  Dat typo.

Edited by Lanieu