Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Weird Request For The Grimlok

-Pearl-

So, finally got the Grimlok. Was totally worth using 35 plat speeding up. But using it I have just one single gripe with it.

It doesn't have recoil.

When you fire it, you can SEE the shockwave. It sends enemies flying on death. Why isn't there recoil? It has great power and everything, but the recoil kinda makes it feel weak as hell.

So yeah, maybe increase the power a teensy bit and add a ton of Recoil. Make it FEEL like a badarse lever-action flintlock rifle.

depls, pls add recoil.

So, finally got the Grimlok. Was totally worth using 35 plat speeding up. But using it I have just one single gripe with it.

It doesn't have recoil.

When you fire it, you can SEE the shockwave. It sends enemies flying on death. Why isn't there recoil? It has great power and everything, but the recoil kinda makes it feel weak as hell.

So yeah, maybe increase the power a teensy bit and add a ton of Recoil. Make it FEEL like a badarse lever-action flintlock rifle.

depls, pls add recoil.

"It doesn't have recoil."

"depls, pls add recoil."

ewOy9Gi.gif

Good night everyone.

Except OP.

Recoil does not make a weapon stronger.

Edited by Ishki88

weird request, how about spelling the name correctly?

in all seriousness, i disagree, it shouldnt have more recoil, if it gets more recoil, ill call it a nerf.

I spelt it the way I did on purpose. Because it reminds me of the T-rex Transformer.

"depls, pls add recoil."

ewOy9Gi.gif

Good night everyone.

Except OP.

Did you even read the their post or did you just seize a chance to post a .gif?

Also grimlok is where it got it's name from so don't be a troll.

Edited by Dominus_Tenno

"depls, pls add recoil."

ewOy9Gi.gif

Good night everyone.

Except OP.

He means the feel of the weapon. There are some people (me included) that feel there should be a degree of brutality ( have some weight behind it so to speak ) to something that is intended to be brutal, and if that thing doesn't deliver it ( as Grinlok lacks recoil and feels like a BB gun) it just won't feel powerful enough. So ya adding some recoil and even more damage to the weapon to compensate would make it feel even MORE badass.

Did you even read the their post or did you just seize a chance to post a .gif?

Also grimlok is where it got it's name from so don't be a troll.

Both.

" Why isn't there recoil? It has great power and everything, but the recoil kinda makes it feel weak as hell."

----He wants increased recoil so in his mind he can believe the increased recoil will justify it's power

----It doesn't need a power increase just so it can have its recoil increased.  And visa versa.   

I disagree with everything the OP stated.  So greatly that I would jump out a window.

And land on my feet

Edit:  Also if it's all about "DAT FEEL" then slap on a Max Heavy Caliber and let it rip.  

Edited by Ishki88

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I love a meaty feel to a gun.

EDIT:

Edit:  Also if it's all about "DAT FEEL" then slap on a Max Heavy Caliber and let it rip.  

That reduces accuracy (increases bullet spread) but does not increase recoil. One is RNG, the other is a mechanic that a skilled player can counter and enjoy.

Edited by egregiousRac

If we're on the topic of making the gun feel meaty, or more brutal, how about a proper stock as well, instead of a repurposed tree branch.

That's another thing. The stock looks like it wouldn't be able to support the power it's supposedly putting out. There's another reason to add recoil to the gun.

Sounds quite reasonable request to me, DE seems to be neglecting this both as gun handling and balancing mechanic.

Steve loves to be bring up mass effect multiplayer, bigger sniper rifles had recoil Widow and her sister gun are fine example.

What weapon, with firepower equal to a Mauser has no recoil? Single shot,lever action I might add.

No, forget it. I had in my mind the term "recoilless rifle", but after I looked it up it turned out those things are actually portable light artillery launchers. Well, they're kinda single shot and have higher firepower than a Mauser though HAHAHA sorry.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. The fire rate is pretty damn high for a "lever-action" rifle, and the absence of recoil does have an impact on the "feel" of the gun. When you get right down to it, this is currently just an alternate version of the Latron/Latron Prime. The fire rate is high enough that the Tenno appears extremely proficient, and it only gets faster with mods. However, adding some extra recoil (probably no more than a few millimeters) would help to give the gun more of an authentic operation  without messing things up too badly.

Remember kids, it still has a rhythm of "BLAM-click/click-BLAM-click/click-BLAM", so even at high speeds you can/should be correcting during the "click/click". Giving the gun a few millimeters or a centimeter of kick per shot makes the gun look like it's a high-powered rifle, while still being easily correctable during rapid fire.

The weapon has recoil.

Do not add more recoil.

I know noone would care (I wouldn't care either) but if they add more recoil to this gun it will just be another gun.....this topic made me realize why I need to stop putting potato's in my guns early because at least 1.0422342/5 --------- player choices make it into the game

Hmm.. for the weapon to be more realistic, yes, they should add it,

but for gameplay, please, DON'T do it, its no recoil is the only reason for myself that it is better than latron prime. >>

Edit : So, i think we should not add recoil to it, since it is now just one of the few advantages over latron prime.

Edited by Y-O-L-O