Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifles Need Accuracy Mods

Genoscythe

Chello,

So, as the Grinlok came out, I was really happy to have a winchester-like lever-action rifle, I really like the gun.

The downside of very accuracy-dependent weapons(not only grinlok but pretty much all snipers ec.) is that you cant put heavy caliber on it, because it ruins its accuracy to a point where the weapon becomes so inaccurate that you wont hit anything.

The other problem is that we have only a minor part of the weapons where recoil really affects accuracy (grakata, supra, gorgon), but we have two mods that decrease a weapons recoil.

---> Why the hell do rifles not get accuracy/spread-reducing mods, while even shotguns have something like this?

Changing vile precision or stabilizer so that it decreases spread instead of recoil would be nice, because nobody uses anti-recoil mods anyway, also they are quite useless due to the very limited number of heavy recoil weapons.

Alternatively, a new mod could be introduced of course.

* There should be a new normal mod which gives a decent amount of accuracy, agreed

* Vile Precision is useless (Stabilizer is better than it in every way), thus I propose Vile Precision to give bigger amounts of accuracy (instead of recoil reduction), with the same negative thing it has now, reduced rate of fire.

Seriously though, this would've been a non-issue if Magnum Force and Heavy Caliber still affected recoil. The change of making them reduce accuracy, without thinking about the consequences (Stabilizer/Steady Hands, but even more so Vile Precision, not being counters to them anymore), was really, really stupid!

You can see how it was thought through and worked fine, and still does, for Shotguns:

* Vile Spread is extra damage at cost of more spread

* Tainted Shell could compensate the spread, but at the cost of slower rate of fire

The changes to Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force was just dumb and rushed, really.

Edited by Azamagon

If a mod ever came out the increased accuracy it would be a top tier event reward or an ultra rare mod like rage or whirlwind, the accuracy increase would be minimal (like 30% at max level), it would take up tons of mod energy, and would be a rifle only mod.

But heck I would still get it. It would make more of a point to putting forma on already good weapons.