Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

This isn't a new topic so I'll keep this short.

Charging effects are now channeling (literally just change the words) when u13 hits.

Edit: on the note of charge speed it will probably be changed to more attack speed while channeling.

Edited by Irorone

This isn't a new topic so I'll keep this short.

Charging effects are now channeling (literally just change the words) when u13 hits.

its more then just a change of words. Channel takes a small amount of energy (bout 5 I tihnk they said) and increases damage and perhaps has other interesting effects we dont know yet. I believe chaneling while blocking allows you to stagger enemies and a staggered enemy can be finished off. The closer thing to charge is the big finisher combos now.

When did they say charging will be gone? I was pretty sure that they said melee 2.0 is just an addition to the melee system, and that melee 1.0 is still there. We can still hack and slash and charge in normal mode but cant charge in melee mode.

i though mele weapons would still work like we know when u have a gun equipped and u press the mele attack button

and when u wanna combo u would switch to the mele and press mele attack  button to combo

kinda like how u gotta equip ur gun to throw glaive

and when u equip ur glaive u combo with it

I wonder if they will change the name of Melee channel with u13 since Melee weapon channeling now exists. It wouldn't be implausible, they did change focus to intensify for the focus endgame system that they plan on adding

When did they say charging will be gone? I was pretty sure that they said melee 2.0 is just an addition to the melee system, and that melee 1.0 is still there. We can still hack and slash and charge in normal mode but cant charge in melee mode.

They stated it during the devstream. Charge is only staying for thrown melee weapons and charge is being changed to channeling. Only quick strikes are staying when you don't have your melee weapon equipped.

Edited by CreepinDeath

They said charge attacks will be gone for every weapon except the Glaive and Glaive Prime R.I.P Galatine