Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Is Setting The Standards For New Frames

themarksman10109

While I love Zephyr, so much so that I can't see myself playing on any other frame, this isn't a good thing.

She broke the game for me.

They made a nice game, with a relatively rare feature; parkour. Nice mobility, nice tricks to get around...and then you can avoid it all by pressing 1. I tried playing another frame the other day, I really tried. Then I saw stairs, felt a little sad climbing them, like it required so much effort. I then found a gap that required me to wall run to get over, I then aborted the mission, apologized to Zephyr, and swore never to leave her again.

Now I'm sad, because you can't fly on the forums.

Loki did that ages ago.

Tho, Zephyr "Lighter than air" is quite buggy. Take coptering as example. Not having almost any mass, when you copter you mostly dont get any momentum. But in some specific situations you can copter normally ( i think it is host/client issue ).

Second one being Divebomb. Most of the time when you use Divebomb after Tailwind, you end up landing on your feet.

Well then I'm happy you found your soul mate ;P

It's a flying ninja with her own Flappy Bird spinoff, that makes a nice "Vrooooo" sound upon bombing innocent corpus below. What's not to love?

But thank you. You'll get the first invitation to the wedding.

Umm... Excalibur's super jump and slash dash?

Valkyr's ripline?

Nova's Wormhole?

super jump has the most annoying animation ever and is affected by strenght and not duration, andother annoying thing

not to mention that slash dash only moves forward, and super jump just jumps, with tailwind you can go where you want to with no problem

ripline is good to jump but it's hard to handle, you cna jump very high, but you never know ehre you will land

wormhole is just a bilnk from one place to another, no fun in using it

i'm not saying that tailwind WORKS better, i'm just saying that flying around and deciding where to go, flying, is all the way more fun and entrataining, or at least this is my presonal opinion

anyway, i hope that next frames will be this entrataining to play and less "press one button to kill everything around you".

i hope for a new frame master of gravity, who can run on the ceiling and stuff like that :Q____

Edited by Regar

You sure? I was under the impression the standard for buggy-&#! client/host problems with frames was set as far back as Volt.

But yeah, after playing lots of Valkyr and Zephyr, I picked Banshee for a run and it was like 'I cannot go where I want :c'

To be fair coptering destroyed most of the opportunity for parkour to be functional anyway, why parkour and wallrun when you can just unrealistically sling shot yourself faster by spinning in a circle. 

The sooner they remove the momentum boost the sooner you'll see different  tricks to move faster and then maybe the Zephyr's tailwind will be something that really changes things. But I mean Valkyr's ripline is far more controllable and useful for changing direction,

While I love Zephyr, so much so that I can't see myself playing on any other frame, this isn't a good thing.

She broke the game for me.

They made a nice game, with a relatively rare feature; parkour. Nice mobility, nice tricks to get around...and then you can avoid it all by pressing 1. I tried playing another frame the other day, I really tried. Then I saw stairs, felt a little sad climbing them, like it required so much effort. I then found a gap that required me to wall run to get over, I then aborted the mission, apologized to Zephyr, and swore never to leave her again.

Now I'm sad, because you can't fly on the forums.

Parkour is broken and pace-breaking in it's current state. It's better to just run and take the stairs than waste your time doing magnetic wall-bounce space-launches and auto-rolls for no good reason. At least Excalibur's super-jump, Valkyr's Ripline and Zephyr's Tail-wind work as intended. 

To be fair coptering destroyed most of the opportunity for parkour to be functional anyway, why parkour and wallrun when you can just unrealistically sling shot yourself faster by spinning in a circle. 

The sooner they remove the momentum boost the sooner you'll see different  tricks to move faster and then maybe the Zephyr's tailwind will be something that really changes things. But I mean Valkyr's ripline is far more controllable and useful for changing direction,

I would love to see coptering removed. But i am scared of one thing that removing will bring. A.k.a. Slow moving frames butthurt.

Parkour is broken and pace-breaking in it's current state. It's better to just run and take the stairs than waste your time doing magnetic wall-bounce space-launches and auto-rolls for no good reason. At least Excalibur's super-jump, Valkyr's Ripline and Zephyr's Tail-wind work as intended. 

Problem is when you come up on your mastery tests which require it. Rank..12? or was it 13...or maybe both...with a weeks worth of 'press 1 to win' was...horrible. Horrible I tells ya!

Morale of the story; don't get rusty, use your legs!

I would love to see coptering removed. But i am scared of one thing that removing will bring. A.k.a. Slow moving frames butthurt.

Like most things, they'll get over it.  You can grip-n-rip to fling yourself around levels by using parkour,  You can use shortcuts with parkour, you just wouldn't be able to spam a really stupid looking maneuver to power rush levels anymore.  If that's a deal breaker for someone, well I can't say as i have a lot of sympathy for them.

Yeah. Heaven forbid they replace coptering with a mid-air speed boost similar to sliding so that fast attacking melee weapons are used for more than just coptering.

Problem is when you come up on your mastery tests which require it. Rank..12? or was it 13...or maybe both...with a weeks worth of 'press 1 to win' was...horrible. Horrible I tells ya!

Morale of the story; don't get rusty, use your legs!

Auto-roll screwed me over on the last test I did to rank 13. 

After a vertical wall-run and I landed on a flat surface, the god damn frame decided "NOPE! Let's roll off the edge rather than remain on this boring solid ground!" 

The frustration I tell ya'.