Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlok - Thoughts?

Black-Nasty

Anyone else who has the gun have any thoughts on the weapon overall? Just got done researching it and tried it out on low level corpus. It feels... slow, compared to the pace around me. Let me explain. The reload time for such a small clip should not be this long. To compete with the rest of the semi auto guns (aka Latron and some snipers) it NEEDS damage mods, not reload speed. I just feel the dps is too low to consider potato, esp with my plat deficit from rushing zephyr. 

Anyone else agree? Disagree? Curious to what everyone else thinks about the weapon, balance wise.

I love lever action guns irl, I was hoping this would be good enough to use as a main gun. :(

With a Shred and Fast Hands mod, it started performing just fine for me.

I agree at times it feels sluggish overall, but for the raw power it's capable of with massive status chance, I'm not really complaining.

EDIT: And I intend on using it as my main gun.

Edited by GIMO

With a Shred and Fast Hands mod, it started performing just fine for me.

I agree at times it feels sluggish overall, but for the raw power it's capable of with massive status chance, I'm not really complaining.

EDIT: And I intend on using it as my main gun.

I wouldnt have thought shred would be good on it. With a single shot the punch through is a waste... right? I was thinking a reload mod would be better instead of shred. 

mastery

ya 5 is too much for this gun. 2-3 would be better.

Edited by Black-Nasty

I'm not terribly impressed so far, the Latron Prime seems like a much better precision rifle alternative. It might have been more viable when the proc effects stacked but now it's not as big of an advantage as it used to be, unfortunately.

It's a little weak and could use a few tweaks.

Its crit chance really needs to be raised to 25% for it to compete with Latron Prime. Status build is absolutely awful on it. The amount of corrosive and impact procs I got was not helpful in the slightest, and until we can choose which procs we get on our weapons, it shall forever be an awful proc weapon. A weapon like this is not designed for CC at all given it's small magazine and incredibly slow fire rate. If you want a CC proc machine, Grakata is far better as a 60-round mag with 20 shots a second will give you just about every proc that can proc on your weapon. With a gun like this, it's too unreliable and only mediocre at best. Even Latron Prime is better at proccing given it has a high proc chance and faster fire rate and bigger mag.

The reload should also be changed to per bullet reload, so I don't have to wait 2.1 sec of reloading after firing one shot, and can instead only wait 0.5 sec or something like that. Having a magazine on this type of weapon just feels wrong.

Overall, if you do plan on using it, crit seems to be the strongest build atm. Why waste time proccing when you can kill everything in one shot?