1- Point blank maxed

2- Charged shell maxed

3- Hells chamber rank 2

4- Ravage rank 2

5- Incendiary coat maxed

6- Vicious spread rank 2

7- empty slot

8- empty slot

So you see, i have been thinking on using it mainly against corrupted, since it was doing nice dmg on them. So i am just wondering what build should i use. I haven't maxed these 3 mods, cuz i am actually farming cores to max the 2nd hornet strike, since i sold the first one...long way back for plats...-_-

According to this build i was getting these stats- 2,128 radiation and 1,290 viral.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

I run a 4 Forma Build http://goo.gl/dZHvAl with...

Toxic Barrage, Blaze, Charged Shell, Seeking Force, Accelerated Blast, Vicious Spread, Point Blank, Hell's Chamber .. all Max

..you can go for 3 Forma build if you don't want Seeking Force for Puncture.

It leaves me with...

1,458 Puncture

2,187 Electrictiy

2,917 Gas

2,431 Viral

...and basically turns Phage into a Weapon of Mass Destruction vs. Enemy Groups due to Puncture and Gas/Electricity Proccs.

FYI: Warframe-builder does not take the added Puncture Damage from Accelerated Blast into account so it shows less damage than it actually does if you use the Mod.

Edited by Namacyst

I run a 4 Forma Build http://goo.gl/dZHvAl with...

Toxic Barrage, Blaze, Charged Shell, Seeking Force, Accelerated Blast, Vicious Spread, Point Blank, Hell's Chamber .. all Max

..you can go for 3 Forma build if you don't want Seeking Force for Puncture.

It leaves me with...

1,458 Puncture

2,187 Electrictiy

2,917 Gas

2,431 Viral

...and basically turns Phage into a Weapon of Mass Destruction vs. Enemy Groups due to Puncture, Gas and Electricity Proccs.

FYI: Warframe-builder does not take the added Puncture Damage from Accelerated Blast into account so it shows less damage than it actually does if you use the Mod.

Dude, bad build, u dont need Accelerated Blast on Phage, cuz it hasnt any basic damage, so u have only +60% fire rate from THIS mod, u can change it with Shotgun Spazz. Vicious Spread is under big qusteion, yeas, it adds total damage, but u need more time to focus. Its perfect with Banshee Sonar ;p

PS if Accelerated Blast totally works, anyway, i dont see profit, Phage - viral weap with nice status chanse, i think is better to exploit it.

Edited by MIKASA_JDS

Dude, bad build, u dont need Accelerated Blast on Phage, cuz it hasnt any basic damage, so u have only +60% fire rate from THIS mod, u can change it with Shotgun Spazz. Vicious Spread is under big qusteion, yeas, it adds total damage, but u need more time to focus. Its perfect with Banshee Sonar ;p

PS if Accelerated Blast totally works, anyway, i dont see profit, Phage - viral weap with nice status chanse, i think is better to exploit it.

Funny.. i thought OP asked for build-advice and not me...curious. Very well then. Maybe someday you'll figure it out why i use Accelerated Blast and Vicious Spread ;) If you think my build is "Bad" .. don't use it. For me it works very well.

Edited by Namacyst

Funny.. i thought OP asked for build-advice and not me...curious. Very well then. Maybe someday you'll figure it out why i use Accelerated Blast and Vicious Spread ;) If you think my build is "Bad" .. don't use it. For me it works very well.

U can read my post one more time. I didnt say Vicious Spread is bad... I said that Accelerted Blast is useless... Its looking like u troll OP with such a bad advice. Ok. Idc anymore.

Dude, bad build, u dont need Accelerated Blast on Phage, cuz it hasnt any basic damage, so u have only +60% fire rate from THIS mod, u can change it with Shotgun Spazz.

Accelerated Blast:

-This mod is more cost effective than an unranked Shotgun Spazz mod and a rank 3 Flechette mod put together (9 to 14).

-Unlike other Puncture damage enhancing mods, this mod determines its damage based on the overall damage of the weapon. It is currently unknown if this is intentional or a bug.

I said that Accelerted Blast is useless...Its looking like u troll OP with such a bad advice.

/discussion

Edited by Namacyst

U can read my post one more time. I didnt say Vicious Spread is bad... I said that Accelerted Blast is useless... Its looking like u troll OP with such a bad advice. Ok. Idc anymore.

Accelerated Blast adds puncture like an elemental Mod rather than affecting the base physical damage like most other physical damage mods. Test it for yourself on a shotgun.

Incidentally, does fire rate affect the rate at which the spread narrows?

Edited by Varzy

I've change my build, still a gift from the devil. I'm sure this will be nerfed soon enough.

Blaze: %60 Damage Increase, %60 Fire Damage.

Hells Chambers: %120 Multishot.

Point Blank: %90 Damage Increase.

Vicious Spread: %90 Damage Increase, %60 Spread.

Toxic Barrage: %60 Poison Damage, %60 Status Change.

Seeking Force: 2.1 Punchthrough.

Shotgun Ammo Mutation: Ammo Conversions.

Chilling Grasp: %90 Ice Damage.

Edited by (PS4)Kyuu5ia

4 forma build I've been using: http://goo.gl/d3x9Ms

One might be worried about the fire rate being 2.5 because of how fast it consumes ammo but I can assure you that it melts every crowd I've faced so far and I've faced lots. I was trying builds without that fast fire rate and they were meh compared to this.

Also just a tip if you are worried about the ammo consumption: Don't use it when there are only like 3 enemies in front of you. Just use your secondary. I basically use it like this:

-See lots of enemies.

-Start melting them.

-Switch to secondary until you see another crowd of enemies.

-Repeat and you won't run out of ammo.

Also don't listen to people saying that vicious spread makes this worse. The time to focus the beam is the same with or without it and can't be modified (it's 1 second iirc).

Edited by SinLortuen

Hello all,

So i have just potatoed and lvled it up to 30, and i have been using these-

1- Point blank maxed

2- Charged shell maxed

3- Hells chamber rank 2

4- Ravage rank 2

5- Incendiary coat maxed

6- Vicious spread rank 2

7- empty slot

8- empty slot

So you see, i have been thinking on using it mainly against corrupted, since it was doing nice dmg on them. So i am just wondering what build should i use. I haven't maxed these 3 mods, cuz i am actually farming cores to max the 2nd hornet strike, since i sold the first one...long way back for plats...-_-

According to this build i was getting these stats- 2,128 radiation and 1,290 viral.

Thanks in advance.

for phage are many good builds, but i prefere the void build

and imo vicious spread is an big mistake cause u run often around and shoot ( and less or no aiming) that means that u only hit with 1 singel or just a few tentacels, if u put a high lv tainted shell in , ur total dmg is lower, but i EVERYTIME hit with ALL tentacels and deals 10x dmg or more without aiming

51892,20140305000043RPOE.jpg

u 1hit all till highwave and it´s rly amo efficient

Edited by Burkholz

Accelerated Blast adds puncture damage for Grineer and the speed portion of the mod makes the tenacles close faster, just like a speed mod can also speed up a weapon's fire rate or make a charged weapon charge faster.  Perfect mod for this weapon.

for phage are many good builds, but i prefere the void build

and imo vicious spread is an big mistake cause u run often around and shoot ( and less or no aiming) that means that u only hit with 1 singel or just a few tentacels, if u put a high lv tainted shell in , ur total dmg is lower, but i EVERYTIME hit with ALL tentacels and deals 10x dmg or more without aiming

51892,20140305000043RPOE.jpg

u 1hit all till highwave and it´s rly amo efficient

I've had good luck with Vicious Spread + Hell's Chamber.  +90% more damage (stacking with elements and accelerated blast) and all the multishot beams added by Hell's Chamber start facing forward immediately, and the focus time is manageable so after 2 seconds Tainted Shell is useless.  I feel Synapse would be more effective for single targets anyway.

But I'm intrigued.  I'll give Tainted Shell a spin.

for others, Accelerated Blast is a must.  It adds tons of puncture damage.

4 forma build I've been using: http://goo.gl/d3x9Ms

One might be worried about the fire rate being 2.5 because of how fast it consumes ammo but I can assure you that it melts every crowd I've faced so far and I've faced lots. I was trying builds without that fast fire rate and they were meh compared to this.

Also just a tip if you are worried about the ammo consumption: Don't use it when there are only like 3 enemies in front of you. Just use your secondary. I basically use it like this:

-See lots of enemies.

-Start melting them.

-Switch to secondary until you see another crowd of enemies.

-Repeat and you won't run out of ammo.

Also don't listen to people saying that vicious spread makes this worse. The time to focus the beam is the same with or without it and can't be modified (it's 1 second iirc).

I haven't had any trouble with ammo consumption on Phage.  It's much more efficient than Synapse.  I've spammed it on 1 enemy, on long void runs, etc.  At it's default fire rate, it consumes about 1 ammo per 1.0 seconds.  By the time all the beams are focused on something, 2 seconds, that something is long dead.  With Hell's Chamber, you can just tap the trigger to kill a lot of things immediately so that's just 1 ammo round.  So it usually only takes 1-2 ammo per single target kill.  Against mobs, you can get 3+ at a time.  That's 60-100 kills without any ammo pick ups.

I have had ammo consumption problems with it, especially when using it as the main weapon, and especially at higher levels. I can see taking AB for the puncture damage, but I wouldnt consider taking Shotgun Spazz unless also taking ammo mut, and thats too many slots used up, imo.

Vicious Spread is awesome, especially for large crowds. As stated above, it doesnt make it take longer to fully focus the beams.

Puncture is... meh. The Phage innately has enough puncture to go through railings and grineer shields, so the only advantage is for dead enemy body bypass, which can be accomplished with sidestepping most of the time. I'd rather have the extra DPS when I need it against heavies than be a little more effective at crowd control.

Crit mods/builds are pointless. Enuf' said.

Toxic Barrage vs. Contagious Spread: ~6% more damage vs 9% status chance - Personally it depends on what elements are being used. Corrosive is a good proc for Grineer, but should be build with Rad for Grineer. Corrosive in void only really affects heavy gunners, so... again, kinda meh. Corrosive against Infested is useless, as is toxin against Corpus. Frankly I'd go for more damage over status chance any day.

Now that AB is a bad choice for Phage (on PC at least)

Hells Chamber

Point Blank

Vicious Spread

Blaze

2 Elements

2 of Bane, Shotgun Spaz, Ammo Mut, 3rd/4th element.

Suppose you could go AB+SS+Ammo Mut + 1 element linked to fire from Blaze, but it wouldnt be an ideal config for any faction and you need ammo mut imo when you pop the RoF to ~2.3

So I tried Tainted Shell last night.  It's an interesting build for Phage.  I only put in 4 ranks.  I can't decide if that's enough or too much.  I don't think you need or want to max out Tainted Shell.  The initially spread is considerably reduced at 4 ranks.  Despite what wikia says about it not improving the focus time, it does improve focus time substantially for all practical purposes.  Basically because the initial spread is much more focused, and the focus speed is the same, the time to "good enough" seems a lot shorter.  I need accurate timings, but this has been fun to play with.

Ive potatoed my Phage, but not forma'd. Here's my build:

Max Point Blank

Max Blaze

Max Vicious Spread

Max Hell's Chamber

Max Elemental Combo (in this case, blast)

100% chance of getting 5834 blast, 2431 viral

20% chance of getting 6238 blast, 2618 viral (because of hells chamber's 120% multishot)