The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't Log In, Launcher Stuck At Checking For Updates

Caedas

This will no longer be a problem once it's on Steam, as Steam will likely host the updates, and Steam has WAY more host mirrors than the Beta Server did.

Bear in mind the Beta server patch host was intended for just that: Beta users. It wasn't meant to host a huge population.

yes. it will be better on steam, that im thinkign is that they are migrating the host of the update server to steam too and this is what we are experiencing now.

This will no longer be a problem once it's on Steam, as Steam will likely host the updates, and Steam has WAY more host mirrors than the Beta Server did.

Bear in mind the Beta server patch host was intended for just that: Beta users. It wasn't meant to host a huge population.

Sorry guys, today was a nightmare. If you're still having trouble I suggest opening a command-prompt and doing ipconfig /flushdns. Today we finally switched to a new content delivery network and so far it's running a lot more smoothly.

i was guessing that. when i see the facebook page talking about the steam opening.

now ill test that version.

Sorry guys, today was a nightmare. If you're still having trouble I suggest opening a command-prompt and doing ipconfig /flushdns. Today we finally switched to a new content delivery network and so far it's running a lot more smoothly.

Edited by MasterMontana

"Downloading new content..."

3 seconds later... different screen.

"Update Failed!"

"Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers"

"The update will be restarted shortly."

This takes approx 30 secs to 'load' then goes back to another failed download attempt. I'm either missing something important or this just isn't working. Also, yes, I have cleared cookies/cache, flushed the dns as well as a few other tricks I know. Nothing seems to be working.