Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exps Moving To Level 30 Frames/weapons Is Annoying And Makes No Sense.

IIJetfireII

Hello everyone,

So every time i level up an unranked stuff with other level 30 stuff, i see most of the levels goes in either my frame or sentinel, and my weapons are left alone, getting the least or no xp. AFK'ing is not my style either and obviously i need a lot of xps, but i don't have affinity amp aura and i don't use affinity booster that much. 

I do void runs for some lvling or long defense/survival runs but that's just not enough. I did a lot of 35-50 wave run's in ODD previously, and yet my weapons are still not leveled up that much, while my lvl 30 stuff takes everything, un-necessarily ,despite being at it's maxed spot, where xp is pointless to be shared at.

It would be nice if all the xps that went to lvl 30 stuff, goes to lvling stuff instead, this will be a better balance for leveling system i believe.

But i am not sure how long will this be fixed/changed. I need answer from DE, about this.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

You have to use just the weapon needing leveled. Exp is not shared between weapons.

While this is true, sending an unnecessary amount of exp to a Warframe/weapon after it hits level 30 is what Rodimus is talking about, if I read and understood correctly. 

I still gain weapon exp even if I don't use it at all, so his point is simply that once an item, frame or weapon hits lvl30, it basically stops leeching exp from equipment that requires exp to hit lvl30.

Yeah, that's been asked for a while now. To no avail sadly. The sentinels were changed a while ago and now all the kills they do, they keep all the XP. I was leveling stuff on kappa (solo), and my dethcube stole all the XP. I got 6000 XP on my frame. On a kappa run...

Shade got so greedy i took away his gun ability

it probably all has to do with longevity and actually taking time to level something up, mobile defence is best for levelling gear, always has been as xp split seems to work differently.

imagine how fast you would level a new weapon if all the xp from lvl30 items went to that one item, it would make levelling gear pointless it would be so fast, they would just as well remove gear levels and just give them 30/60 mod points off the bat, the way it is now means you usually have to use the weapon to level it, start on a low defence, level it up a bit, mod it, move onto something harder, rinse and repeat until you can run mobile defence and use your 30 gear to earn xp for the other item

I cant ever see this changing for the levelling up of an item, it would remove a major part of gear from the game, however as was noted before, focus should add something new to gear when it comes in

i have to correct you on this in the first place. You guys have to study more. The game design FORCES you to leech in order to get most exp in your equip and not frame.

so some rules you have to follow:

1) sentinel wep off if you want wep gain as all the exp go to frame only

2) dont use dmg warframe abilites as they go 100% to frame

3) if you have to kill with the prefered weapon you get 50% to that weapon and 50% to frame

4) ULTIMATELY DONT DO ANYTHING AND YOU GET 25% in each WEP = 75% in weps of each kill 

now to not be a compleate leacher [as you still have to stick with the group due to the range] take some support frame and help your team! for some examples:

BANSHEE [sonar], RIHNO [roar], TRINITY [blessing], LOKI [radial disarm], EXCAL [radial blind], NECROS [desecrate] etc

now that is the BASE exp we talk about, you have to count to that the BONUS which is only significant on two mission types = SURVIVAL & MOBILE DEFENSE

this bonus is a % calculation based fully or partialy [noone knows exactly] on the % of total kills you do. So the more you kill the more % amplifier of the base. At this point you see the pattern right?

to get the MOST exp of a run you have to be HALF the time LEACHING and HALF the time do serious kills [at best with your desired weapon]

----------------

so that said so we are on the right subject, i must agree that this system, this game design is broken as it DIRECTLY enforces you to be a LEACHER at least in some extent to get the best performance on exp gain.

i dont agree with the way you propose of a solution [as that would brake the training the wap totaly] i would do changes in the system at hand to something more REASONABLE

like all 100% exp from wep go into freaking WEP for example.

that is my 5cent

so some rules you have to follow:

1) sentinel wep off if you want wep gain as all the exp go to frame only

2) dont use dmg warframe abilites as they go 100% to frame

3) if you have to kill with the prefered weapon you get 50% to that weapon and 50% to frame

4) ULTIMATELY DONT DO ANYTHING AND YOU GET 25% in each WEP = 75% in weps of each kill 

Rules?

1) i don't think i can do that, cuz i have to lvl up my formad sent weps like sweeper and deth machine rifle. Sry no can do.

2) If i don't use it, i should let the enemies have their first move against me? ( i am more of a soloist, so i can't think of going without rhino and i don't keep trinity/nova or any female frames ).

3) Yes ik that, and that's what's going on, but what about the lvl 30 ones gaining the un-necessary exp? that is the main point here.

4) Read my Post again.

I am still gonna say again, i am more of a soloist than a team player ( i only do void runs when i don't have enough creds and in teams only ), and when i do def/survival run, i never afk for too long or at least 2-3 min minimum for some reasons ( 5 min at the most and not more than that, in-case if i got something urgent ) and then after that i will be back in action. Also, there's an exp shared range i believe, don't think afk'ers should have advantage with that does it?

Either way, i don't like idling/afk'ing for too long, remember that this is only influencing more ppl to afk in missions, and i am not one of them. 

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII