Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Mods (Warframe Abilities)

AnApothacary

I've been thinking about this for a while, and figured I would share it here for some feedback.
The idea I've had is this: Prime versions of Warframe abilities [mods]

The reason behind this idea: Prime Warframes should be stronger, since Prime weapons are better than their counterparts. (I'm scared for a Soma Prime :O ) Now I know Prime frames look cool, and have an extra polarity slot, but it would be cool if they were actually more effective. I'm thinking that this can be accomplished through Prime versions of their ability mods.

How I'm thinking this will work:

- Prime Mods are more powerful than their non-Prime counterparts. (damage, duration etc.)

- They can only be obtained once a Prime frame has been leveled to 30.
- They can only be equipped to the Prime version of a frame.

- They are obtained via random drop from ANY and EVERY enemy. (I'm thinking this will be a drop visible to the applicable player only. It would also be quite a rare drop, maybe something like 1 in 2000 chance or something, [i know nothing of quoting proper drop rates - it would be rare is what I'm trying to say])

- Only mods for the applicable frames can be dropped. (You wont get Snowglobe Prime if you don't have a level 30 Frost Prime, even if your Ember Prime is 30.)

- You can't get duplicates of the same Prime mod. (Not allowing duplicates makes leveling them a bit more demanding [They should also all be classified as "rare" for fusion status/requirements.] and also avoids succumbing players to that infamous RNG (in the sense of someone getting the same mod 4 times, and none of the others.). I'm validating this RNG avoidance by adding all the previous steps needed to even be eligible for a drop. I'm thinking of this as a more end game style content than a grind-based addition.)

Let me know what you guys think of this idea. I hope I didn't forget anything, if I did I'll be sure to add it, along with any other good ideas you guys may post (with credit given of course)

Thank you for your time Tenno.

~ Apothacary

Edited by AnApothacary

- They are obtained via random drop from ANY and EVERY enemy. (I'm thinking this will be a drop visible to the applicable player only. It would also be quite a rare drop, maybe something like 1 in 2000 chance or something, [i know nothing of quoting proper drop rates - it would be rare is what I'm trying to say])

and also avoids succumbing players to that infamous RNG. I'm validating this RNG avoidance by adding all the previous steps needed to even be eligible for a drop. I'm thinking of this as a more end game style content than a grind-based addition.)

Um.

I would personally MUCH rather the prime warframes have their own custom powers that are SLIGHTLY different than the reproduction frames

ie the prime frames would have the prime powers, as they were originally designed, the reproduction models slightly different

my point is to have the powers fulfill similar roles/tasks, but in a slightly different way

NOT just having prime powers be BETTER, IMHO that is boring, and just de-values the reproduction frames/powers

like for instance, loki prime could have a swap teleport that moved him AND any allies nearby him to the target location (reg loki swap teleport can still do this, but takes more casts)

rhino prime's iron skin could have a lower base armor/hps, but apply to all allies in a nearby radius

i definitely concede that it is difficult to make powers 'different' but not more powerful ingame, but i think it would be a worthwhile endeavor, warframes and their abilities need long-term usefulness, not to be replaced by more powerful versions

Edited by CY13ERPUNK